Playstation 4

hogso

It's got everything I hoped for.

Streaming, record video, lightning quick, and I can't hear the console at all when on a game.

What I need is DNLA support. 

I also have a launch p34 and wanted to remove it from the lounge as it is so loud.

Other than that I am loving the PS4.

Had trouble with the ps+ activation and inadvertently brought 1 game that should have been free. Played the campaign of bf4 for a bit. A little underwhelmed but I love multiplayer so I'll give that a go tomorrow. Then try killzone. Also set up a twitch account for streaming. This is going to be fun!

Mine arrived around 2 from after taking an age to update I managed a few games earlier. Love fifa not sure about KZ will take some getting used to but only played up to rescuing the guys from the ship wreckage.

Remote play works flawlessly and just finished a couple of games of a Fifa in bed :)

My only concern is it runs a bit warm and the fan is loud but I'm putting this down to only having a couple of inch clearance in my entertainment unit that also has a closed back.

Oh and the camera is pretty cool, was hilarious watching the little robots climb on my cats back!

My only concern is it runs a bit warm and the fan is loud but I'm putting this down to only having a couple of inch clearance in my entertainment unit that also has a closed back.

You're playing a dangerous game there, I'd relocate that.

Mine is cold all around but lukewarm on the top where all the magic is happening (I guess)

So far, it's a top quality piece of kit. Can't believe how small it is, how the **** are they going to make a slim version of it?

It also looks like an old robot off Robot Wars.

Edited by villarule123

Hmmm... I literally I have nowhere else for it to go. I'm thinking of removing the back of the unit so air can flow through, I have read the air is sucked in the front then out the back?

There is about 3 " clearance above it, and 2" either side, there is a wii next to it so could move that.

Hmmm... I literally I have nowhere else for it to go. I'm thinking of removing the back of the unit so air can flow through, I have read the air is sucked in the front then out the back?

There is about 3 " clearance above it, and 2" either side, there is a wii next to it so could move that.

Removed the back and moved the wii and it is 100 times better, almost silent and very little heat :)

I wonder how many people like me will put their shiny new ps4 in a closed entertainment unit and brick it due to poor ventilation?

The only disappointment for me is that you can't upload gameplay to Youtube.

Aren't you supposed to use twitch or whatever it's called?

Not as of yet. Hopefully they add youtube or vimeo support or something because I don't want to share it on FB.

You can upload it to FB and have the privacy settings as seen only as yourself and then rip it off FB using something online, but that's a pretty lengthy work around just to share video. I'm sure they'll patch something in later but it it is a little disappointing.

PSN: KwanLi

FIFA, BF, and Killzone if you want to play

Oh god I've been to Redditch to pick one up where they had 4 in stock, so I went (20 miles) and a guy 2 people infront of me picks the last one up! :lol: 

Then went to Merry Hill Argos, nope, Game, Nope and finally Tesco in Cradley - NOPE! :lol:

I was gonna wait until Jan, but my wife was just telling me to get one anyway.  Ahh well, I've tried - and wasted £10 in Diesel doing so! FML  :(

That's rough, man. I guess you'll have to play GTA Online for a little while longer.

I was genuinely thinking of quick ways to make £400 all of yesterday. I've never been so tempted to engage in criminal activity as I am now, but I have so far resisted.

I saw a guy walking out of Game with 2 of them. And then in the same game saw someone I went to school with, he said you should have followed that guy and kicked the shit out of him in the car park.  

I liked his style :lol:

Â