January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

well we know benteke and andi are scoring goals at the moment, if andi is dropped for someone new, they might not be scoring the goals that andi can, will be a waste

But if Lambert believes we're in need of reinforcements in case of injuries, or simply being able to mix it up against teams if needs be, then the board need to be right behind him.

i agree, as i said a few weeks back that if the board are willing to buy players, why should we (PL) refuse, all im saying from the above is that benteke and andi are geling well at the moment so neither should be dropped just for a new face

@ Andy - Definitely need to keep Andi and Benteke as long they're playing well together, but also won't say no to having some backup, with Gabby injured right now we only have Bent to look to, so another possible dimension could help alot.

@ CI - I think £10m is a decent enough figure to bring in a few players, especially as Warnock and Hutton should be off the wage bill hopefully (I saw it reported that Bolton want to keep Warnock). However, if Lambert has somebody on the radar that will cost a similar fee to what was paid for Tekkers then he definitely needs to be backed, which I assume he will be.

I really don't understand this viewpoint. How is it? If they contribute to us performing well, then it's good business for both parties.

I agree with this, although I'm not a big fan of the loan market, you'll get the occasional hungry player like Kyle Walker and if he does the business - bonus!

What's the general consensus on budget this Jan ? About £10m ?

I would think it would be more than £10million, especially when Lambert said a month or two ago that he didn't spend all of his summer budget. I would hope that Randy would add a few extra pennies on top. Maybe I'm being greedy but I'd hope it'd be more like £15million.

the budget might be a bit higher than we think given the fact that players signed in jan usually come at a premium. wouldn't be surprised to see a player around £7-10m, one around £3-6m, a younger lad for around £2-3m and an old hand in on loan

between £10m - £15m seems reasonable for the jan window, 2 players, 3 at most, what ever players are sold/released in jan, RL will probably hold that money back till the summer to add it onto that kitty, maybe around £25m?

The summer kitty may be higher as revenue goes up by about 70% next season.

Then again lambert doesn't strike me as a chequebook manager. Wasn't Benteke at £7m his highest transfer fee deal ? Think he even said he was uncomfortable spending that much on 1 player .

The summer kitty may be higher as revenue goes up by about 70% next season.

Then again lambert doesn't strike me as a chequebook manager. Wasn't Benteke at £7m his highest transfer fee deal ? Think he even said he was uncomfortable spending that much on 1 player .

Surely at Norwich he wouldn't have been given the opportunity to spend £7million on one player?

I really don't understand this viewpoint. How is it? If they contribute to us performing well, then it's good business for both parties.

Why would we want to benefit other prem teams? Bringing in a player from them, letting them show what they can do and then they bugger off back to their parent club and we are back to where we started. When was the last time we took someone on loan and then bought them?

Why would we want to benefit other prem teams? Bringing in a player from them, letting them show what they can do and then they bugger off back to their parent club and we are back to where we started. When was the last time we took someone on loan and then bought them?

How is that much different to signing a player permanently and him leaving after impressing? We get a player who adds depth to our thin squad for a season without a transfer fee.

What possible harm did it do to us by signing Kyle Walker? Spurs were (and still are) miles ahead of us in the league for it to have any effect on us. We got a great player who we wouldn't have been able to attract permanently, so we got him for a season instead. He helped us stay up and scored a couple of fantastic goals. I see that as nothing other than a big plus.

Who gives a crap what effect it had on Spurs? All i'm concerned about is Villa.