Our fans on Saturday...

roonst83

Having seen on Norwich fans sites that the Norwich fans are mostly rubbing their hands together at coming to VP on Saturday to give Lambert some abuse - I am hoping that our home support on Saturday will be as good as our away support at Fulham. Anyone at Fulham will tell you how loud we were singing "Paul Lambert's Claret and Blue Army" non stop throughout large periods of the first and second half - it was fantastic to be a part of support that was so firmly behind our manager (it's been a while!) so i'd love to hear all the Villa fans make a deafening show of support for our manager to hopefully inspire our boys to a victory.

We are due a win and there'd be no better time than on Saturday against his former club with the sheer bitterness that has come from their end. Norwich fans will undoubtedly be on Lambert's back throughout the game so we need to stand up and show that, despite our poor start, we are 100% behind this man to lead us back to the good times!

The away support is always lots more vocal than the home crowd. It's up to the players to get the home fans going and the fans to respond to passion on the pitch and from the dugout.

Yea I agree with CI.

It's clear our home support is never as vocal as our away support the last time I remember standing for a whole game was Blues at home in the 1-0 win.

We stood for a few second halves last season (QPR at home, 2-2) (Bolton at home 1-2 - that was really tough we stood willing them to get back into the game but they never did)

I'd always like us to be more vocal and if things get a bit spicey between the two sets of fans then it will be vocal for sure!

Yea I agree with CI.

It's clear our home support is never as vocal as our away support the last time I remember standing for a whole game was Blues at home in the 1-0 win.

We stood for a few second halves last season (QPR at home, 2-2) (Bolton at home 1-2 - that was really tough we stood willing them to get back into the game but they never did)

I'd always like us to be more vocal and if things get a bit spicey between the two sets of fans then it will be vocal for sure!

its a two way straight for me, the fans back the players the players respond, its been flat at VP for 2 seasons now and its frankly depressing seeing so many empty seats, whilst fans have been let down recently i dont get the "i wont come back till we start winning" attitude some have, but on the other side of it £28 in the north stand and wings, against norwich on a saturday morning is stupid and people just cant afford it, i brought my tickets and got told today i might be being laid off work at the end of the month so it may be my last match before crimble and its £40 i could use elsewhere.

but thats the frustrating thing CI, the club reduce prices for a family, yet charge the same price for a single adult. its insane. £15 in the north stand and wings, £25 for center holte and £35 everywhere else would be far more respectable.

but thats the frustrating thing CI, the club reduce prices for a family, yet charge the same price for a single adult. its insane. £15 in the north stand and wings, £25 for center holte and £35 everywhere else would be far more respectable.

£15 for any Premier League game at VP would be too cheap imo. If we want to get back in the top 6/8, we can't be charging Wigan prices.

The attendance won't be great I fear.

I reckon it will be less than 30k. Its on tv and we are one of the worst teams to watch in the league. I also have a feeling Norwich will win, they are on the back of a good win, have a better manager and will be keen to get one over on Lambert.

There all giving it large on Twitter over this "Grudge Match" - anyone really care about them? It shouldn't take a bunch of farmers to show our support to Lambo, Fulham shown us that were all behind him, couldn't care less what Norwich got to say/sing. Its all about the Villa

The atmosphere can be good down VP, we need to get it rocking again

I reckon it will be less than 30k. Its on tv and we are one of the worst teams to watch in the league. I also have a feeling Norwich will win, they are on the back of a good win, have a better manager and will be keen to get one over on Lambert.

That has gobsmacked me, and is all that is wrong with a section of our support.

It's seriously **** quiet today - very eerie

12.45 kickoff, cold day, a shite Norwich side in town, a worse villa side playing like a pub team, live on sky, terrible game of football, £30 (?) a ticket. Anyone who sang or clapped or cheered today should be given a **** MBE.

Shit atmosphere again.

Shit result.

Felt sorry for Guzan who did his utmost to keep a clean sheet.

Norwich did NOT slag off their former boss (if they did I didn't hear it)

Â