Who do you want to win the league?

NurembergVillan

Who do you want to win the league this season?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the league this season?

• Chelsea
    • Manchester United

Neither.

More importantly, how **** depressing that there's only 14 games of the season gone and we're only left with two options to choose from.

if it wasnt for us loosing stupid points in games we shouldve won ther would be 3

Chelsea.

Because there aren't swarms and hordes of blue shirted glory hunters in my life yet, so id rather see the red shirted ones who crow at me every time Man Yoo win at Villa Park have less of a reason to support a team who play 100 miles to the north of where i live.

Neither.

More importantly, how **** depressing that there's only 14 games of the season gone and we're only left with two options to choose from.

And you know thats actually one more than the number of teams that could have won the league in 2004/05 and 2005/06 after 14 games? ;)

Definitely United. They are at least a proper big team who have got there the 'right' way. I absolutely hate the way Chelsea have hijacked football and I don't wish them any success at all. They deserve none of what they have and they are a cash-rich small team. In fact I wish their house of cards to fall down around their ears and I wish career injuries on their players every time they enter a football pitch. That's just me, agree or disagree, I really don't care. I was disgusted they drew yesterday.

Definitely United. They are at least a proper big team who have got there the 'right' way. I absolutely hate the way Chelsea have hijacked football and I don't wish them any success at all. They deserve none of what they have and they are a cash-rich small team. In fact I wish their house of cards to fall down around their ears and I wish career injuries on their players every time they enter a football pitch. That's just me, agree or disagree, I really don't care. I was disgusted they drew yesterday.

:clap:

Well said BOF, agree entirely.

:clap:

Well said BOF, agree entirely.

me too, plus they are from London....all full of themselves

Well put Brian.

One thing that I forgot to put that bugs me so much is the fact they were one of the teams getting in huge debt to try and compete and **** got away with it! Argh! So annoying.

They had some decent success and vastly raised their profile during this period.

I was really looking forward to them doing a Leeds, thinking that'll serve them right when in wanders Abramovich and rescues them.

Disagree, how did they get there the 'right' way. Before Chelsea were the money team it was United. They bought the league too, they waited 26 years and were lucky that Sourness went to Liverpool when he did or they would not have dominated.

They lived off Munich and gained a huge groundswell of support because of that, they then expolited that support better than anyone else. Thus we have United fans who don't know where in England Manchester even is.

Sorry but for every bad thing Chelsea have done, which is to be a rich man's plaything, United and their odious legions of 'fans' are far far worse.

United have been big and growing for half a century. They are not Johnny-come-latelies. They have a structure at the club that does not require 1 man to hang around and bankroll them. They are not a house of cards and they have, as you say, legions of fans. In 20 years they will still be at least as big as they are today. The same can not be said of Chelsea with any degree of certainty. Chelsea are nouveau riche, they are not the establishment, and before someone says "it's good to shake up the establishment", there are ways of doing it and I don't think theirs is the right way.

As I said, disagree with me, but my hatred of Chelsea is more than I hate any other team. In fact I don't think I can use the word 'hate' for any other team except the noses.

Disagree, how did they get there the 'right' way. Before Chelsea were the money team it was United. They bought the league too, they waited 26 years and were lucky that Sourness went to Liverpool when he did or they would not have dominated.

They lived off Munich and gained a huge groundswell of support because of that, they then expolited that support better than anyone else. Thus we have United fans who don't know where in England Manchester even is.

Sorry but for every bad thing Chelsea have done, which is to be a rich man's plaything, United and their odious legions of 'fans' are far far worse.

Sorry have to disagree there.

I realyl didn't have a problem with Chelsea, or Mourinho, until they started getting cocky, more than Man Utd have ever been. A couple of incidents - the Anders Frisk incident a couple of years back when Mourinho accused him of allowing Frank Rijkard into the refs room at half time, when it was blatantly obvious he hadn't, the subsequent death threats, the league cup final against Chelsea where Mourinho was winding up the Liverpool fans when Chelsea equalised, the diving of Drogcunt, the Reading goalkeeper incidents and subsequent death threats to their players, the tapping up of Ashley Cole (ferguson has also tapped up players, but Chelsea do it so blatantly), thinking they are above the law because they have a billionaire, the Graham Poll favouritsm, the 1999/2000 FA cup final, sadcockneywankers, Chelsea Headhunters, the fact that they play in blue, shit ground with no fans and no atmopshere, no history, no European Cup (you can't buy it you know :winkold: ), their owner, Peter Kenyon, Chelsea fans, the list is endless......

:winkold:

I agree with Lancs. When the Premier League started in the early 90's and prices went up, United used this to their advantage to outmuscle the competition financially and buy their way to the top beit with huge transfer fees or huge wages or both. People forget about the hugely expensive squad players they enjoyed for a decade before Abramovich turned up.

All Chelsea have done is give United a taste of the medicine that United had been giving the rest of the league previously.

You'll always have bigger teams with more financial clout. My point is United earned their position at the top. They have heritage. They didn't become a plaything and arrive there overnight. Anyhoo, we'll agree to disagree.

"The biggest team in the world by 2012". They can bite me, they are already the richest and that they will remain until that Ruskie raper of Russia goes to jail. They are now assuming they can buy fans and purchase new memories of their past. They will be one of the biggest teams in the world if they are still up there in two or three generations time. Man U by the way.

Sorry have to disagree there.

I realyl didn't have a problem with Chelsea, or Mourinho, until they started getting cocky, more than Man Utd have ever been.

ali you go on to mention many of the reasons why I too dislike Chelsea, probably more so than any but United (and sha), however out of the two of them ManUre invented 'cockiness'. They used to expect teams to roll over and die for them because they'd had Best, Charlton and Law, were above relegation etc and .......

then when they came up with their holigan fans running amok everywhere

and then came the reinvention of football and everything pre 1992 was forgotten!

Where is the Villa option???

I hate Chelsea because they think they are the best team in the world and play the best football but they arn't. This is the first time in a long while I actually want Man Utd to win it (well only because no one else has got a chance of challenging Chelsea).

Â