How many Tickets sold?

KjParton

So I saw on the other topic in this thread we had apparently not sold very many tickets?

Are there stats to support this?

Hopefully, It won't be too bad and I would have thought sales would have been up due to the large influx of players we have had into the club in the final days of the transfer window.

Would like to see 35k + tbh considering it is a Saturday afternoon game.

Just been on the eticketing and worked out what tickets are remaining per block then worked backwards from the ground capacity.

Remaining tickets:

Holte – 4365

Trinity – 1677 (Excluding hospitality area)

North – 1379

Doug – 1298 (Excluding away fans area)

Total – 8719 Tickets remaining

Total – 42,000

Trinity hospitality – 3,000 approx

Doug away fans – 3,000 approx

Total – 36,000

Minus – 8719 tickets remaining

Sold – 27,281

Assume away fans bring 3,000 – 30,281

Assume trinity hospitality 2,000 out of 3,000 – 32,281.

Attendance atm - 32,381 ish...pretty poor (especially based on that all ST holders attend)

And swansea have only been given an allocation of 2400 - 1800 initial and further 600 as initial batch sold out. So take a further 600 off is 31,781 and whatever you think less than the 2000 in so far for trinity. Looking at 31,000ish atm. Very poor for a Saturday 3pm

piss poor support. i too have been monitoring the etickets site. looking like there's going to be big empty spaces in the lower holte again.

what happened to all those 'supporters' that said they'd stay away while mcleish was in charge but return once he was gone?

joke fans.

piss poor support. i too have been monitoring the etickets site. looking like there's going to be big empty spaces in the lower holte again.

what happened to all those 'supporters' that said they'd stay away while mcleish was in charge but return once he was gone?

joke fans.

The club have not really done anything to entice those people back though.

The appointment of Lambert is not especially exciting and there has been a lack of quality signings made to get the pulses racing.

As somebody else posted once fans have left you need something special to get them going back again.

I think a lot of fans are still very bitter and will never forgive Randy for appointing McLeish.

Just been on the eticketing and worked out what tickets are remaining per block then worked backwards from the ground capacity.

Remaining tickets:

Holte – 4365

Trinity – 1677 (Excluding hospitality area)

North – 1379

Doug – 1298 (Excluding away fans area)

Total – 8719 Tickets remaining

Total – 42,000

Trinity hospitality – 3,000 approx

Doug away fans – 3,000 approx

Total – 36,000

Minus – 8719 tickets remaining

Sold – 27,281

Assume away fans bring 3,000 – 30,281

Assume trinity hospitality 2,000 out of 3,000 – 32,281.

Attendance atm - 32,381 ish...pretty poor (especially based on that all ST holders attend)

Or more optimistically.... Swansea only have allocation of 2400, and capacity is 42,600, so only 8,700 seats plus (unknown) corporates from 40,200 left. Sell another 2,000 plus 1,000 walk ups, and only 5,000 short of a sellout. Still poor I know, but sounds a bit better than 31k! I reckon about 36.5k on Saturday.

joke fans.

And yet at away games, we still taunt the home team for having "shit support" and "empty seats"

How many games have we won or even played well in, at home, in say the past year or two years? - hardly any. There's having a bad run, and there's being utterly, long-term inept. Even under MO'N the home record was littered with some very ordinary performances and results.

People just don't want to go and watch dross. Frankly I'm amazed so many people still go to the games.

It'll take a significant turn round in performances and results for the attendances to recover.

joke fans.

For me why I dont go it goes like this. Im a young guy who can either go out with my friends every week or go to Villa Park to watch Villa but I can't afford both. The question is why would I sacrifice my social life with my friends to watch mid table football. Please don't spew stuff such as your not a real fan I had a season ticket for 3 seasons and while I was in Australia got up at all hours to watch every single villa games. Money talks.

Don't take this question the wrong way, Jack, because I agree with your overall point and have similar considerations myself that prevent me attending every game. You specifically mention mid-table football - would you go to Villa more if we were higher?

How many games have we won or even played well in, at home, in say the past year or two years? - hardly any. There's having a bad run, and there's being utterly, long-term inept. Even under MO'N the home record was littered with some very ordinary performances and results.

People just don't want to go and watch dross. Frankly I'm amazed so many people still go to the games.

It'll take a significant turn round in performances and results for the attendances to recover.

Exactly. We've been playing largely shite football at home for the past three years, and that is what largely drives people away. Tickets are'nt cheap and in the current economic climate of pay freezes/cuts whilst the cost of living rises continuously, people are making the choice to do something else.

I'm sure the fans will return after some good performances, but we've had a rotten two years of rubbish to endure and it has driven a lot of fans away. Yes we've got a new manager and hopefully a more pleasing style of play but its going to take a lot of effort to bring the fans back to where they were when MON was in charge.

Myself, I am going to Villa Park for the first time since December 2011 when I gave up on McLeish after a woeful performance against Liverpool. I hope to come away from the game feeling like we've made progress. It would be nice for a win at home, feels like ages since the last one!

It would be nice for a win at home, feels like ages since the last one!

Not sure if it has been mentioned on here at all but optajoe tweeted the other day that Man City have won as many games in all comps at Villa Park in 2012 as we have :oops:

Â