How many Tickets sold?

KjParton

*UPDATE FROM WEDNESDAY'S FIGURES*

"Just been on the eticketing and worked out what tickets are remaining per block then worked backwards from the ground capacity.

Remaining tickets:

Holte – 4365 (NOW 3144 REMAIN)

Trinity – 1677 Excluding hospitality area - (NOW 1577 REMAIN)

North – 1379 (NOW 1061 REMAIN)

Doug – 1298 Excluding away fans area (NOW 1185 REMAIN)

Total – 8719 Tickets remaining (NOW 6767 REMAIN)

Total – 42,000

Trinity hospitality – 3,000 approx

Doug away fans – 3,000 approx

Total – 36,000

Minus – 8719 tickets remaining (NOW 6767 REMAIN)

Sold – 27,281 (NOW 29,233 SOLD)

Assume away fans bring 3,000 – 30,281 (SWANSEA BRINGING 2400 ACCORDING TO WEBSITE - 31,633 SOLD)

Assume trinity hospitality 2,000 out of 3,000 – 32,281 (NOW 33,633 SOLD).

Attendance atm - 32,381 ish...pretty poor especially based on that all ST holders attend" (NOW 33,633?)

35k I'd go for. Pretty shite tho

is it pretty shit? How many times have we averaged over 35k in the premier league? Id say thats about right for us.

I also thinks its decent given the utter crap that villa have served up week in week out for the last couple of years.

32,381 ish...pretty poor especially based on that all ST holders attend" (NOW 33,633?)

As I understand it, it wouldn't change the attendance if every ST holder stayed in the pub - tickets sold are what's counted, not people through the turnstile.

Don't take this question the wrong way, Jack, because I agree with your overall point and have similar considerations myself that prevent me attending every game. You specifically mention mid-table football - would you go to Villa more if we were higher?

Er maybe a few more but no way when its mid table its like I know theres loyalty but there is also paying for a product which football is now and if a product isnt that high in quality or results you were stay away paying for it.

35k I'd go for. Pretty shite tho

is it pretty shit? How many times have we averaged over 35k in the premier league? Id say thats about right for us.

I also thinks its decent given the utter crap that villa have served up week in week out for the last couple of years.

I'm with you.

35 000 would really be a good number. The team will need to produce a string of good results or at least a string of good performances to really make some of the doubters sit up and take notice once again. This is perfectly natural, especially given this teams history the last couple of years. People want to be excited, they want to have a reasonable hope of getting value for money.

Put on the aforementioned string and I'm sure we will see the numbers surpass 40 000 sooner rather than later.

Jack, you seem a poor fan.

Talking about products as if you're nipping into Atoo to pick up a jumper. Support is unequivocal. I can understand monetary contraints but little else.

This. Being a football fan, especially of a team like ours, means taking the rough with the smooth. It makes the good times all the more enjoyable if you've been there to experience the lows as well.

piss poor support. i too have been monitoring the etickets site. looking like there's going to be big empty spaces in the lower holte again.

what happened to all those 'supporters' that said they'd stay away while mcleish was in charge but return once he was gone?

joke fans.

The club have not really done anything to entice those people back though.

The appointment of Lambert is not especially exciting and there has been a lack of quality signings made to get the pulses racing.

As somebody else posted once fans have left you need something special to get them going back again.

I think a lot of fans are still very bitter and will never forgive Randy for appointing McLeish.

they shouldn't have to. many left on the premise that "once mcleish goes, we'll be back". judging by the 33,000 home fans against everton, the 13,000 against tranmere and the hilariously shite following of 900 odd up in newcastle, i ask, where the hell are they, then?

piss poor support. i too have been monitoring the etickets site. looking like there's going to be big empty spaces in the lower holte again.

what happened to all those 'supporters' that said they'd stay away while mcleish was in charge but return once he was gone?

joke fans.

And yet at away games, we still taunt the home team for having "shit support" and "empty seats"

indeed. 962 villa fans up at newcastle singing "empty seats, my lord", whilst surrounded by a couple of thousand empty seats that we were unable to sell. thick support, my lord.

For me why I dont go it goes like this. Im a young guy who can either go out with my friends every week or go to Villa Park to watch Villa but I can't afford both. The question is why would I sacrifice my social life with my friends to watch mid table football. Please don't spew stuff such as your not a real fan I had a season ticket for 3 seasons and while I was in Australia got up at all hours to watch every single villa games. Money talks.

i did nothing of the sort. i needn't say anything when you come out with a post like this:

Er maybe a few more but no way when its mid table its like I know theres loyalty but there is also paying for a product which football is now and if a product isnt that high in quality or results you were stay away paying for it.

speaks volumes...

Â