Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

You should never bet against your own team.

You being serious?

Yes, why do you ask?

I always bet against Villa if I believe the price is better than the probability. At the end of the day I know a lot more about Villa than I do any other club in the world and so I'd be a fool not to use that information to my financial gain. Doesn't mean I support Villa any less than the average fan, it just means I have more money to go and spend watching the Villa.

I understand people who don't bet against the Villa, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they did.

You being serious?

Yes, why do you ask?

Well why shouldn't people bet against their own team? You do realise that just because people bet against their own team doesn't mean they want their team to lose? It's about insurance.

What would you rather do, see Villa go down and win some money off of it or see Villa go down and win nothing?

This aversion in sports to betting against your own team is one of the most illogical things around. It makes no sense.

Edited by Mantis

You being serious?

Yes, why do you ask?

Well why shouldn't people bet against their own team? You do realise that just because people bet against their own team doesn't mean they want their team to lose? It's about insurance.

What would you rather do, see Villa go down and win some money off of it or see Villa go down and win nothing?

This aversion in sports to betting against your own team is one of the most illogical things around. It makes no sense.

Depends what way your mind works. I personally dont bet against the Villa as money doesnt soften the blow any if they get beat. Everyone to their own i guess.

I'm not saying I don't understand the logic, I just don't think it shows very good support. People can do as they wish, makes no difference to me. I was just stating my opinion.

I'm not saying I don't understand the logic, I just don't think it shows very good support. People can do as they wish, makes no difference to me. I was just stating my opinion.

That isn't what "support" is though. I want Villa to stay up just as much as you do. Just because I've taken an opportunity to win a lot of money if the worst comes to the worst and you haven't doesn't mean I've shown any less "support" than you have.

• Like 2

Is anybody going to be able to get any work done Tuesday? Gonna be thinking about the Wigan Arsenal game all day!

I've been less productive at work since the away defeat at West Ham

I'm a real worrier

Okay, if that's how you feel then fair enough. It's just not how I feel is all.

Why? I mean, what's support got to do with betting?

It's just how I am. I wouldn't feel very comfortable earning money off my team's misfortune I suppose. Just the way I feel about it.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I am between oscillating moods of calm lucid thoughts of  we are nearly certain to stay up, and paralysing  thoughts of dread that everything will go horribly wrong and we will blow it. Psychologists would have a field day on relegation threatened football fans. It really doesn’t mean anything, but it feels like it means everything.

So let me just check;

The 2 teams below both have away games at top 5 teams chasing champions league places. Neither of those teams battling relegation can afford to drop points. One of those teams below us is playing their third game in a week and is minus half their back four, whilst the other team will be missing their 3 top scorers as well as 2 of their more consistent players. Added to that the 2 teams chasing champions league places are bitter rivals.

I'm not panicking, I'd be more worried if we were dependent on Man City given their last 2 or 3 performances than Arsenal or Spurs. And if it comes to it, I'd back us to avoid defeat next sunday.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 1

No way will we win at Wigan next week with them parading the cup in front of their fans and us without Benteke. I am a north london football fan for the next week