Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

If Wigan do somehow manage to best arsenal they'll be going into the game with us after beating two top teams, winning their first trophy in the clubs history, in front of their home fans and we don't have our best player.

Why is it hilarious to be worried about that game?

• Like 1

Bad news is that if Wigan beat Arsenal, Spurs will only need a point against Sunderland which will suit both sides. If Wigan win on Tuesday the shit really hitteth the fan

not true. Arsenal have a superior goal difference than Spurs

If Wigan do somehow manage to best arsenal they'll be going into the game with us after beating two top teams, winning their first trophy in the clubs history, in front of their home fans and we don't have our best player.

Why is it hilarious to be worried about that game?

I don't recall anyone saying it was hilarious to be worried about the last game if that happens.

As markavfc40 said above, even if wigan do the unthinkable and win their ramaining 2 games, Sunderland will imo get thumped at WHL, they go there without half their team. Look ill be glued to the TV on tuesday like everyone else but im supremly confident we are safe.

Well I am glad we are relying on Arsenal and Tottenham for safety rather than Man City. Both teams have it all to play for whereas Man City are playing to get their manager sacked.

I reckon the probabilities are 75% Wigan, 15% Sunderland and 10% Villa.

Fulham could also technically go down if they lose 10-0 to Swansea. 

Well I am glad we are relying on Arsenal and Tottenham for safety rather than Man City. Both teams have it all to play for whereas Man City are playing to get their manager sacked.

I reckon the probabilities are 75% Wigan, 15% Sunderland and 10% Villa.

Fulham could also technically go down if they lose 10-0 to Swansea. 

EDIT: ... I'm talking nonsense and happy to admit it...

Edited by AstonMartin82

almost every result which could have gone against us today did, aside from Sunderland, I'm temporarily a gunners fan.

spurs victory went for us as well

I'd personally say every result went exactly as expected. Norwich beat a West Brom side already on their hols, Newcastle beat a shite already relegated QPR, Sunderland scrapped a draw at home against Southampton and Spurs beat Stoke.

I now fully expect the logical result to occur at the Emirates on Tuesday and Arsenal will beat Wigan and beat them comfortably especially as Wigan now need to win and a draw is no loner enough to give them a chance.

today has been mildly devastating

im normally a huge pessimist but I simply cannot see Wigan beating Arsenal

Arsenal have so much to play for and like another poster said, Wigans mentality is entirely different to the Citeh game

Wigan have everything to lose and will be ridiculously nervous before the game

if the unthinkable happens and they win then id have to call in sick from work coz id be a mess leading up to Sunday

I am relying on Villa to make us safe.

Not that I want it to happen, but I can't help but wonder how incredibly massive game we would have in our hands if Wigan beats Arsenal.

If people want to believe Wigan can win 3 on the spin in eight days, want to ignore our pretty damn decent record at their place, also ignore that what squad they have left has been on the lash all last night, convince themselves that going to the Emirates now is the same as playing Arsenal when they were 5 points clear for a CL spot last season and think Sunderland can take their reserves to White Hart Lane and get something then more power to them, you flapping lunatics.

Post of the decade.

If people want to believe Wigan can win 3 on the spin in eight days, want to ignore our pretty damn decent record at their place, also ignore that what squad they have left has been on the lash all last night, convince themselves that going to the Emirates now is the same as playing Arsenal when they were 5 points clear for a CL spot last season and think Sunderland can take their reserves to White Hart Lane and get something then more power to them, you flapping lunatics.

Post of the decade.

Yes, that is one or two reasons why we are still al the way out at 40/1 to be relegated still.

However, this time yesterday we were 100/1 and so the general mood in this thread is probably because the results today could have been kinder.

Have been reading similar posts since August.

And here we are. 37 games played and still not safe.

I liked it, all except that Wigan haven't been on the lash, they're only celebrating the FA Cup after the season ends. Imagine celebrating that if they get relegated...

Edited by Ginko