Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Well I think today has proved one thing. Anything can happen in football. People who are guaranteeing our safety such as SetfanAVFC are naive imo.  Wigan can beat Arsenal. Yes, it's unlikely, but to claim we're 100% safe when we're not is just plain stupid. 

But we are  :D

We are what? Just plain stupid?

Speak for yourself!

:P

Well I think today has proved one thing. Anything can happen in football. People who are guaranteeing our safety such as SetfanAVFC are naive imo.  Wigan can beat Arsenal. Yes, it's unlikely, but to claim we're 100% safe when we're not is just plain stupid. 

But we are  :D

We are what? Just plain stupid?

Speak for yourself!

:P

You scallywag!

i think we will see a Sunderland win, Norwich draw and Newcastle defeat today

IMO it really doesn't matter though because Arsenal will run riot on Tuesday i reckon

a lot of people were thinking that about city though weren't they? that wigan would get hammered.

a shit ref and some rash decisions in fron tof goal cost us against chelsea and if results don't go our way today then we'll have to go to wigan and not lose. nothing about this situation is nailed on certain either way.

I'd be very surprised if Wigan players have any energy left for Arsenal game, G.Neville said that just playing on wembley drains you completely and players are bound to have hangover for day or two after the celebrating.

I also remember finnish javelinist saying that after huge competition and winning is so draining that athletes are tired as hell because the mental "charge" for the competition and the euphoria after the win are so high.

Must be very similar for footballers.

Of course there's chance for Wigan win but it's very remote.

I'd be very surprised if Wigan players have any energy left for Arsenal game, G.Neville said that just playing on wembley drains you completely and players are bound to have hangover for day or two after the celebrating.

I also remember finnish javelinist saying that after huge competition and winning is so draining that athletes are tired as hell because the mental "charge" for the competition and the euphoria after the win are so high.

The problem with Wigan in 5 massive games in 15 days is gonna hurt them. If they win 4 of them, fair play.

How Swansea plummeted after winning the Capital One Cup.

The biggest positive for us in  today's fixtures is the "Wigan effect" Most of the sensible posters on here Know that it is foolish & indeed a touch arrogant just to simply state that Arsenal will wallop Wigan on Tuesday night or draw at a minimum because they might not.

The good thing is that for today at least the spectre of a real Wigan revival may play on the minds of Sunderland, Norwich & Newcastle & one of them may implode due to the monumental psychological pressure that the "Wigan effect" has cranked up.  I'm pretty sure that that is what we are all hoping for but if results do go against us today then that heat is really gonna be cranked up to fever pitch so God help us all if this is not all over 9.45pm Tuesday night.

Newcastle win today, they're mathematically out of it and go above us.

If either Sunderland or Soton win, they go above of us, a draw will do for Soton to go above us.

Norwich have to win to go above us.

Worst case scenario after today...

4ESdkrZ.png

The negativity in here is ridiculous.

Wigan will not beat Arsenal, even if they do, we will still be well safe. One of the teams below us wont win in their last two games.

Safe as houses.

Did you say they wouldn't beat City as well?

I didnt say anything, I didnt even watch it because I couldnt give a flying **** about the FA Cup. I rarely even watch any non-Villa match these days. Football is shit and has been for years. I'm just emotionally invested in this team and have been for 20 years. I love VIlla, I hate the state of football.

How can you be so confident that Arsenal will beat Wigan when you admit you dont watch other football?

Stoke will probably beat Spuds meaning Arsenal wont have to do much and can even lose.

just like chelsea at christmas? been halfway round the world played loads of games, drained etc. oops 8-0. i agree chelsea didn't win but the point stands i think.

No hangovers for the Wigan players as they werent allowed out on the piss. they will be well up for the Arsenal game and have a good record vs them so its very much squeeky bum time. 

No hangovers for the Wigan players as they werent allowed out on the piss. they will be well up for the Arsenal game and have a good record vs them so its very much squeeky bum time. 

Cup hangover. Well documented.

Cup hangover. Well documented.

Hope so but I reckon Martinez will have them in good order for Tuesday. just hope Arsenal destroy them by outplaying them

I think what will save us is the fact Wigan have to win. A draw is quite conceivable.

Either way, why so many have so much confidence 18th placed Wigan will beat 4th placed Arsenal in red-hot form is beyond me. This is the same Wigan who lost at home less than a week ago to a side on the beach.