Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

There isnt a cat in hells chance of us getting relegated.

If we lose badly to Chelsea and Wigan beat Arsenal?

Dunno about you but my arse hole will be puckered!

I think he's implying there's not a cat in hells chance of Wigan beating Arsenal. Even IF Wigan beat Arsenal, there are 4 other teams between us and them. 

These results that are needed for us to go down:

Chelsea beat Villa.(70% likely)

Wigan beat Arsenal (10% likely)

Sunderland beat Southampton (or Spurs) (55% likely) 

Newcastle beat QPR (or Arsenal) (65% likely)

Norwich beat WBA (or Man City) (50% likely)

Southampton beat/draw Stoke (65% likely) 

Wigan beat Villa (?)

So it's seven games that will decide it. From that lot I think it's a Wigan victory against Arsenal that seams least likely. But they did it last year, so let's not rule that out just yet.

I still fear having to play a cup final against Wigan on the last day of the season. If they beat Arsenal and we lose against Chelsea, they will see that game as a massive get out of jail card. We will be terrified of losing. Not a good situation at all. 

Hmm. Must say I've been relaxing since Wigan/Swansea but  this has made my chest tighten up a bit.

Wigan beat Villa (?)

So it's seven games that will decide it. From that lot I think it's a Wigan victory against Arsenal that seams least likely. But they did it last year, so let's not rule that out just yet.

I still fear having to play a cup final against Wigan on the last day of the season. If they beat Arsenal and we lose against Chelsea, they will see that game as a massive get out of jail card. We will be terrified of losing. Not a good situation at all. 

Hmm. Must say I've been relaxing since Wigan/Swansea but  this has made my chest tighten up a bit.

If ONE of those results doesn't happen, we're fine.

As I've said before, if you're worrying we're gonna go down, stick a tenner on it and buy your ST next year with it.

In fact, I've just done the predictor with us getting a draw at Chelsea and losing at Wigan and found two ways Villa could be relegated with 41 points! Both with a series of eminently plausible results by our rivals. Did someone say above that the players at the "end of season" awards were in a "we've escaped relegation" mood? Lambert needs to drill into them that it is by no means over and we need to be at full tilt in those last two games. (Would also help if he dropped Bennett.)

Edited by briny_ear

In fact, I've just done the predictor with us getting a draw at Chelsea and losing at Wigan and found two ways Villa could be relegated with 41 points! Both with a series of eminently plausible results by our rivals. Did someone say above that the players at the "end of season" awards were in a "we've escaped relegation" mood? Lambert needs to drill into them that it is by no means over and we need to be at full tilt in those last two games. (Would also help if he dropped Bennett.)

Who told you this? From what I heard they remained professional through-out, and the respect they have for Lambert is there for all to see. Do you remember our awards last season when we weren't safe? Players out on Broad Street kicking doors, pissed up. The players weren't even drinking as PL said we have a game to play on Saturday.

Wigan beat Villa (?)

100% agreed

I guess technically he's correct, but there are far more mitigating circumstances than 'YES WE'RE SAFE' and 'NO WE'RE NOT'

Villa fans must live for a few more days in the Land of If. Cruel place, but it could be worse.

Wigan beat Villa (?)

Even given your very generous ratings, thats a 0.3% chance - more than 300-1. I'll take that with two games to go any day

Anyone thinking Wigan are going to beat Arsenal are in dreamland, I mean 3 days after the Cup final too? Come on, give me a break!

People say they did it last season, but I think that means it's even less likely to happen. What're the chances Wigan win at the Emirites for a 2nd straight season, right after a probable loss in a Cup Final? Their heads will have dropped too much after the Swansea and likely City defeats and Arsenal will pick them to pieces.

My God theres a lot of silly arses on here.

In January I couldn't beleive the amount of people saying we were doomed, and Wigan at home etc were all MUST WIN games.

How premature, how silly.

Go back and read it, it was everywhere.

Now  - many of the same people - are being just as premature, just as silly, the other way around !!

We were by no means doomed in January, and we are by no means safe now !!!

Great  to see the job PL has done recently though, personally never doubted the type of football he was trying to get us to play would bring rewards.