Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Have to agree about Clark, that guy was an absolute nightmare.

A very highly rated youngster - but just never improved no matter how many first team games he got. It concerns me slightly that Lambo couldn't see this. 

A very highly rated youngster - but just never improved no matter how many first team games he got. It concerns me slightly that Lambo couldn't see this. 

He's had his good games but is prone to a few too many errors

Disagree. He's had a tough job having to captain a totally inexperienced, new side when Vlaar was out injured AND be defensively solid enough to help us win 7 games.

That's very difficult. In the Premier League. He's made a couple of high profile, silly errors which cost us a couple of goals. Not the only defender to have made defensive errors this season. It happens.

He's had a tough season and will be better for it.

Clark was in the games against QPR and Reading - winnable games we won, essential to getting us started on this run of form we've had.

• Like 1

He's had his good games but is prone to a few too many errors

Baker makes mistakes - the difference is he does other good stuff in the game to make up for it. Clark is typically adequate for 85 mins - with a 5 minute horror show.

I want links to some serious CB'S 

We are currently 110/1 to be relegated on betfair. 

That translates to less than a 1% chance of going down.

Breathe easy now everyone. Time to focus on winning our last 2 games and getting 10th.

We're still conceding goals similar to when Clark was playing, we're just scoring more. Clark has only been missing a few games, but our form has been good since the end of January.

This stuff about Clark is nonsense. We've beaten Stoke, Sunderland and Norwich without him. That's not much to shout about. If we keep a clean sheet against Chelsea, you'll have my attention.

Ed: How valuable was that away win at Liverpool?

Edited by Con

"A very highly rated youngster - but just never improved no matter how many first team games he got." I think that may have been part of the problem smetrov. I think if Lambo could have done he would have taken him out of the firing line but with others out he was one of the few fit central defenders we had so he was expected to hold a young defence together and also at times to captain the side. To expect him to play game after game was placing a lot of pressure on the lad and we had risked his future as we had that of other young players by throwing them into a full season. Some have thrived on the pressure others have not and I hope he may come again next season as we have as a football club at the end of this one.

Oh and like I said on Sunday, there's a lot point I was doing those predictor things. Last night and tonight have proven you can't predict results this season.

I still wouldn't even rule out wigan getting something at arsenal, hopefully not a win!

"A very highly rated youngster - but just never improved no matter how many first team games he got." I think that may have been part of the problem smetrov. I think if Lambo could have done he would have taken him out of the firing line but with others out he was one of the few fit central defenders we had so he was expected to hold a young defence together and also at times to captain the side. To expect him to play game after game was placing a lot of pressure on the lad and we had risked his future as we had that of other young players by throwing them into a full season. Some have thrived on the pressure others have not and I hope he may come again next season as we have as a football club at the end of this one.

Agree with this. It's been a bloody hard season for the youngsters and Clarke has suffered. I think he will come again but don't know if it will be with Villa.

But he's not young ? - 23 is he ?

Baker isn't the finished article by some distance - but he is pretty good in the air, strong in the tackle, and very brave.  Clark doesn't excel in any of those area's - his sole game seems to be intercepting passes.

I don't mind him as a squad player - but hopefully behind baker and a new CB in the pecking order.

Oh and like I said on Sunday, there's a lot point I was doing those predictor things. Last night and tonight have proven you can't predict results this season.

Jesus...

Are you genuinely trying to make out that they were shock results today and yesterday or something? Neither were remotely surprising 

Clark has not played since the QPR game

I think he's been found out

Is he not injured?

But he's not young ? - 23 is he ?

Baker isn't the finished article by some distance - but he is pretty good in the air, strong in the tackle, and very brave.  Clark doesn't excel in any of those area's - his sole game seems to be intercepting passes.

I don't mind him as a squad player - but hopefully behind baker and a new CB in the pecking order.

Paulo Maldini hardly made a tackle.

I like the way Clark plays the game. Looking forward to him playing next season. He deserves a lot of credit for holding the team together, and for helping us toward our recent run of form.