Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Come on, who cares about Wigan, if you saw the WBA game you would see that even without a striker WBA could have scored at will, Wigan will be hammered next week by the Mancs, then they will be hammered again by Arsenal, they will be tired, suffering minor injuries their confidence will be shot, then they have to play us with a fit young team who play high tempo, first half it will be tight, second half we will rip them apart. have confidence, we are alot better than you think. I also think we will draw against Chelsea as the players and manager will be right up for it after christmas and Chelsea will have other things on their mind and will be worried about injuries, Delph will have a field day lol.

Why are we all more nervous now than before the Norwich game is it mentally thinking about the Chelsea game and the fact that Wigan have their game in hand this week. It's very possible that we could beat chelsea. They whole rot began at Chelsea it seems like a premier league story for it to stop against them to. I'm as nervous as anyone else but conspiracies about west brom and Swansea throwing games are very far fetched to me. Man city can still drop from second and Swansea ave them a good game saturday

I agree. Most of the baggies side wouldn't be anywhere near understanding the rivalry between us so I cant see the manager having a pre-match talk advising them to lose the game. they would all be scratching their heads!

Wba concern me, my father in law went on Saturday and said they were already on their holidays. At 2-2 they took the it only striker off and put a midfielder on.

But maybe we shouldn't rely on other teams, we've had no favours from them in the last month. It's down to us and I strangely believe we'll get something from Chelsea. Although I thought we'd lose to sunderland so make of that what you will.

Not sure why people are so confident.

Ok,  my post highlights a lot of results that need to come in and yes an accumulator would be pretty big odds. But its not like they are all on the same day. Also, all the teams highlighted have other opportunities to grab the points - I just simply picked the game most likely to get them points.

The point for me is simple - If Wigan win tomorrow and we don't pick up points against Chelsea - we are in for the most horrific last day of the season. Not saying we wont be in a better position than others, but I certainly will not be enjoying it.

Lose both - we are in big trouble. Only a freakish set of results would save us - (as freakish as the set I have pointed out to send us down).

Just ask fans of the other teams if they would rather be in our position, we are in the best place, playing well, have the best form, attackers who are on fire, ok the defence is dodgy, check out the goals against of the others though and you will see that they aint no better. it should be Wigan who are shitting themselves having to play us, why do we always have to put ourselves down, the team have done us proud recently and will continue to do so till the end of the season, its the Lambert way. UTV

• Like 1

it should be Wigan who are shitting themselves having to play us, why do we always have to put ourselves down

Because they escape every season, and because they beat a West Brom side that outplayed them?

Just ask fans of the other teams if they would rather be in our position, we are in the best place, playing well, have the best form, attackers who are on fire, ok the defence is dodgy, check out the goals against of the others though and you will see that they aint no better. it should be Wigan who are shitting themselves having to play us, why do we always have to put ourselves down, the team have done us proud recently and will continue to do so till the end of the season, its the Lambert way. UTV

Im not putting us down. I predicted 4 wins before the Sunderland game, and still believe we will pick up points.

However, Im a big believer in law of averages in football. I said at the time we were down the bottom over and over - 'Its good that were not getting cut a drift, because this can't carry on, and won't carry on'.

Now, with 2 games to go there really isnt much room for error and my point is simple really. When was the last time we won 3 on the bounce? The last 3 years tells you that probably won't happen (regardless of the opposition).

In the same viewpoint - When was the last time Norwich, Newcastle and Southampton won? They are all due one. They won't go on forever without winning again. 

I dont believe thats negative, thats just being aware of the beast that is football.

• Like 1

Not much room for error?! Are you serious? Have you seen all of the results that have to happen for us to go down? There's an ocean of room for error.

Not much room for error?! Are you serious? Have you seen all of the results that have to happen for us to go down? There's an ocean of room for error.

Have you seen the set of results that have to happen to keep us up?

Er yes. Any one of quite a few going a certain way. Not sure of your point.

Im not putting us down. I predicted 4 wins before the Sunderland game, and still believe we will pick up points.

However, Im a big believer in law of averages in football. I said at the time we were down the bottom over and over - 'Its good that were not getting cut a drift, because this can't carry on, and won't carry on'.

Now, with 2 games to go there really isnt much room for error and my point is simple really. When was the last time we won 3 on the bounce? The last 3 years tells you that probably won't happen (regardless of the opposition).

In the same viewpoint - When was the last time Norwich, Newcastle and Southampton won? They are all due one. They won't go on forever without winning again. 

I dont believe thats negative, thats just being aware of the beast that is football.

bythe same token QPR have to win a game surely? They have Newcastle next, win that and barcodes have to beat arsenal last game of the season to stay up

I don't think Sunderland will beat Stoke. They've lost their lead goal scorer in Fletcher, and their key creative midfielder in Sessegnon. The only decent goal threat they have left is Adam Johnson and he's been running hot and cold all season. Meanwhile Stoke have found their form at just the right time (by "just the right time," I mean "right after we beat them"). Stoke will know that all three points will pretty much see them safe. I actually think the most likely result is a scoreless draw, but if anyone wins I think it'll be Stoke.

Swansea are not actually mathematically safe either, as bizarre as that seems. A draw will probably do it for them and I don't expect them to roll over for Wigan at all. As a "thank you gift" to Martinez? Swansea fans were not pleased with the way Martinez left them and then snapped up some of their best players, although these days they seem to direct more ire towards Brendan Rodgers. In any case, I still think they're due a win, but a draw will do nicely.

Also, we're more than capable of beating Wigan on the last day. I hope we're safe by then just like everyone else, but whether we are or not I think we'll stuff them. We're improved immensely since the 3-0 earlier this season, and I don't think they've improved at all.

Swansea are safe, there is not 1 single combination of results that would see them go down. What you have to remember is that a lot of the teams below them play each other, so they can't both win.

bythe same token QPR have to win a game surely? They have Newcastle next, win that and barcodes have to beat arsenal last game of the season to stay up

Yes your right Richard and no joke that is in my mind too. Im not saying we will go down, Im just saying that its more possible than people think. Hence why we are now only 20/1, 22/1 & 33/1 max to go down, instead of the ridiculous 40/1 that the bookies branded about Saturday evening.

• Like 1

We'll beat Wigan. I actually think this team is coping well with pressure. When we didn't think we would beat Reading and QPR, we did and we didn't think we would beat both Sunderland and Norwich, we did.

If we go to Wigan needing a point we'll take all 3.

Er yes. Any one of quite a few going a certain way. Not sure of your point.

My point is that any set of results has as much chance of happening as the rest.

There are more than 1 set of results that could send us down.

We'll beat Wigan. I actually think this team is coping well with pressure. When we didn't think we would beat Reading and QPR, we did and we didn't think we would beat both Sunderland and Norwich, we did.

If we go to Wigan needing a point we'll take all 3.

Not so sure , Wigan are the flukey boys and we'd probably get Phil Dowd as ref.

I think it is still in the balance i really do.. We have a very small advantage yes but GD is negligible & two 1-0 losses for us & just a single 1-0 win for any team in the mix would put us in a worse position than any of them except Wigan.... Problem is they have 3 games left & we have to play them at theirs on the last day.

All of those teams still in the mix have at least 1 winnable fixture & a second chance game too albeit in most cases a tough fixture... but still a chance.

We have by comparison no easy games left just two tough fixtures.

I don't see how we need to only match the Fulham & Stoke results either as they are way ahead of us on GD..We actually need to gain one more point than them so we actually have to better their results.

Still think it comes down to 4 games

Norwich v WBA

Wigan v Swansea

Villa v Chelsea

Wigan v Villa

We need just one of those results to go in our favour really & hope none of the other fixtures for those teams conjures up a "shock" but at this stage of the season anything is possible as we all know.....As i say it's in the balance but we are certainly not safe yet.