Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

On current form, they're definitely not the worst. The string of results needed for us to go down isn't out of the question. I think we need 1 more point to stay up, especially if Chelsea do another job on our goal difference.

Agree. This season has been a perfect storm of freakish bad luck at times, and it would be true to form if Fate found a way to send us down from this position.

One thing I think we can count on is Newcastle beating QPR. If Redknapp has any sense he'll want to make sure he doesn't set himself up to have Newcastle as promotion rivals next year.

At least we know for sure that beating Wigan will see us safe, and as unlikely as it is that all five of the teams below us in the fight will overtake us, that fact is probably the only thing we know for certain until after the next round of games.

We need Swansea to get something at Wigan, even if it's a draw. Then, if we both lost our next games, against Chelsea and Arsenal respectively, we would be safe by the time we play them at the DW.

Would be funny though if one of the other sides down there went instead.

Im still extremely worried Wigan will beat Swansea putting us 2 points from bottom. We will prob lose to chelsea and Wigan. Southampton will get another win it all comes down to weather Newcastle can beat qpr who have nothing to play for and weather Norwich can beat west brom it cud all still go pear shaped. Last season we were the worst team to not get relegated this year is different we have hit 40 and might still go . When will this nightmare end

Im still extremely worried Wigan will beat Swansea putting us 2 points from bottom. We will prob lose to chelsea and Wigan. Southampton will get another win it all comes down to weather Newcastle can beat qpr who have nothing to play for and weather Norwich can beat west brom it cud all still go pear shaped. Last season we were the worst team to not get relegated this year is different we have hit 40 and might still go . When will this nightmare end

WIgan should be challenging for the title given the expectations some of you have for them...

Wigan played us off the park at our place and are perennial survivors with experience of needing to do something on the last day of the season to stay up, that's why people are nervous. Norwich, Newcastle, Sunderland, Southampton, Stoke, Fulham could all get to, past, or are already on 40 points, so if Wigan were to beat Swansea at home and get to 38 points and they then lose away at Arsenal whilst we get nothing from the Chelsea game it would all be decided on that final game away at Wigan.

Wigan is very unpredictable, they are as likely to give a beating as they are likely to get one from Swansea. I'd say we're reasonably safe and given our current form, we IMO have very good chance of beating Wigan in the last day if it comes to that.

Edited by Jarpie

WIgan should be challenging for the title given the expectations some of you have for them...

Wigan played us off the park at our place and are perennial survivors with experience of needing to do something on the last day of the season to stay up, that's why people are nervous. Norwich, Newcastle, Sunderland, Southampton, Stoke, Fulham could all get to, past, or are already on 40 points, so if Wigan were to beat Swansea at home and get to 38 points and they then lose away at Arsenal whilst we get nothing from the Chelsea game it would all be decided on that final game away at Wigan.

I'm still nervous, but not as much as you! Norwich equalised and then Wigan took the lead at WBA all in the space of 5 mins, things were looking bad for us. All I'm saying is the picture changes every minute, the next 2 days are massive, and we're not even playing!

If stoke get a result at Sunderland then it's time for them to worry. Everyone was saying southampton wee sae a couple of weeks ago, we're now above them. I wouldn't rule out us getting the point we need against Chelsea, it's just been that kind of season.

If we get 0 points from next 2 (Quite possible):

Norwich need 1 win to finish above us - They can get there at home to Baggies

Newcastle need 1 win - Capable of beating both QPR and Arsenal though 2 draws would probably put them on a better GD and equal points.

Sunderland need 1 win - Home to Stoke or Southampton

Southampton need 1 win - Home to Stoke

Wigan need 2 wins - Us and Swansea. Though we know they are capable of Arsenal.

Quite a negative slant o it, but like I say, 40/1 is stupid.

1/200 to avoid relegation. All the above is v possible and dont clash with one another.

Why not do an accumulator on those results? You would get massive odds.

There are a lot of pessimists on here. Here is my view.

stoke and sunderland to draw - villa 13th 40 pts.

Wigan are decent at this end of the season but they will get a point at swansea at best - villa 13th 40 pts.

villa to lose to chelsea - villa 13th 40 pts.

fulham and stoke to lose with sunderland,southampton, norwich and newcastle all picking up a point - villa 14th 40 pts.

wigan then lose to arsenal - villa 14th 40 pts.

last day - norwich to lose, newcastle, stoke and s'land to pick up a point. fulham and sunderland to lose, villa and wigan pick up a point each - villa 13th 41 pts. wigan relegated.

fair point but experience of Wigan suggests they do tend to get special results at this time of the season, it is the business end of things for them that's their experience. I do agree though that if they were more consistent over a season with the form they tend to show now they would be challenging further up the table. They are just unable to maintain it over a season

Although I've just read an article on BBc about Wigan and the so called great escape, and we're not mentioned once.

We're not out of it but we're in a good position for these last 2 games. We just need those dirty inbred tesco carrier bags to not **** up again next week.

I'm still nervous, but not as much as you! Norwich equalised and then Wigan took the lead at WBA all in the space of 5 mins, things were looking bad for us. All I'm saying is the picture changes every minute, the next 2 days are massive, and we're not even playing!

If stoke get a result at Sunderland then it's time for them to worry. Everyone was saying southampton wee sae a couple of weeks ago, we're now above them. I wouldn't rule out us getting the point we need against Chelsea, it's just been that kind of season.[/

quote]

Not nervous mate, just stating to Pete why people are concerned about Wigan. I think there is still a possibility we can go down but it's more likely that we'll stay up now. Just need a miracle not to happen!