Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

My biggest fear is spontaneity. When you go to the theatre you know exactly what is going to happen.

When you go to a football match (especially following & involving every nail biting moment of  watching our beloved Villa) you never quite know what is going to happen next. (Except Man U away ofcourse)

Compelling or what?

NB* Can I claim the VT philosopher quote  of the year award or what? ;)

If we stay up and kept the same side where do people see us finishing next year?

Truthfully - I believe we would end up In another desperate relegation struggle. This team need's serious investment & we're not kidding anyone. Lambo has been extremely brave & I admire him immensely. However, we need  2 quality Central Defenders, one to cover Vlaar who is injury prone. We also need a proven left back who Joe Bennett can directly compete with. Cover for Matty Lowton & an absolute quality ball winning Midfielder who is comfortable in possession & at least one more half decent striker in case the Monster get's injured.

If we do this & Lambo picks up some more of the jewels that are available in the lower divisions we could really go far. However, it is vital that we hang on to our really talented players & do not become a feeder Club for the so called top 4 vultures.

The bottom line is that we do not want to spend next season gambling again with untried youngsters as talented as they may potentially be. Especially when it brings our future so tantalisingly into doubt.

Perhaps it might be an idea for you to start your very own thread in relation to the question that you pose!

My biggest fear is spontaneity. When you go to the theatre you know exactly what is going to happen.

When you go to a football match (especially following & involving every nail biting moment of watching our beloved Villa) you never quite know what is going to happen next. (Except Man U away ofcourse)

Compelling or what?

NB* Can I claim the VT philosopher quote of the year award or what? ;)

Ironic that Man U away is indeed at the 'theatre' Edited by samjp26

If we stay up and kept the same side where do people see us finishing next year?

With improvement on defence and midfield I'd say around top 10 and another good cup run hopefully, that would be a successful season

Hopefully we continue with this policy of young players but also when need be we get a "Vlaar" type in too

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Much the same - don't forget apart from Vlaar we have been very lucky with injuries this season. and look how hard that injury to Vlaar hit us.

I don't get this "we've been very lucky with injuries talk". It may not be as bad as it was last season (losing our two best players from March onwards) but it's still been bad.

Edited by Mantis

Seriously I think if we keep Benteke we can finish top 8

With the same side our defense will still be rubbish. We need to strengthen to ensure we are not fighting relegation again. 

I don't get this "we've been very lucky with injuries talk". It may not be as bad as it was last season (losing our two best players from March onwards) but it's still been bad.

Really ? - Weve lost Vlaar for around 7 games - then Gabby for the odd game here and there. In recent seasons that been our best in terms of injuries. By the law of averages I reckon we will get more next year 

Really ? - Weve lost Vlaar for around 7 games - then Gabby for the odd game here and there. In recent seasons that been our best in terms of injuries. By the law of averages I reckon we will get more next year 

Baker's been out quite a lot, not to mention we've had squad players injured all season. Ok key players like Benteke, Weimann and Westwood have kept injury free but it's still good to have options. Dunne's been injured all year as well.

No i think we will need at least another 20 mill just to stand still

With the incoming TV money othersides will strengthen

I look at where West Brom are and I don't think they are better than us. I'm sure Lambert will strengthen the defence.

In a way youre right.

However we leak goals like sieve - West Brom don't.

Also, and surprisingly - before the Sunderland match we were amongst the lowest scorers in the division.  

Baker's been out quite a lot, not to mention we've had squad players injured all season. Ok key players like Benteke, Weimann and Westwood have kept injury free but it's still good to have options. Dunne's been injured all year as well.

You are always going to get injuries, every season, but we have been lucky this year. Perhaps having young players has helped a bit with that. 

Much the same - don't forget apart from Vlaar we have been very lucky with injuries this season. and look how hard that injury to Vlaar hit us.

Ummm..what?

Ummm..what?

Read the post and then (if you wish) post a comment ......its how forums work 

3 points better than last season isn't my idea of "not bad". Also, we've flirted with relegation most of the season and home crowds have actually been slightly down.

By what calculation did you work that out? The figures I've seen state our average last season was 33,873. It is currently higher than last season and after a decent attendance for our last home game, this season's average should be very close to 35,000. Looks more like slightly up, not slightly down.