Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I fear 40 won't be enough either (especially with our goal difference). Wigan perfectly capable of beating the Boggies and Swansea, which would lift them to 39 points and just requiring a victory against us.

My head hurts thinking of all these permutations

I'm not sure they are. They lost at home to West Brom and away to Swansea and the West Brom game especially was played while they were in good form. I can see them picking up 4 at an absolutely maximum. More likely they pick up 0 than 6.

Yes Figueroa is out for the season. If things go our way Wigan could be virtually relegated by Saturday.

Swansea are the team that worry me. Since winning our cup they have been building sand castles for fun. Not sure how they view Martinez as he is the one who is credited with creating their current pass & move philosophy & set the foundations.

Smell a rat here!

The way I hope it all pans out - West Brom do us a favour and beat Wigan on Saturday. We go and beat Norwich, putting 8 points and goal difference between us.

Wigan vs Swansea midweek is a tough one to predict but Wigan do have a Cup Final 4 days later - surely no player wants to risk being injured or suspended for a Wembley appearance?

Chelsea will qualify for the Europa Cup Final on the 15th May, facing us in between the Final and their 3rd/4th spot rivals, Spurs. Chelsea will put all their effort in taking points off Spurs and then focus on the final. Hopefully they'll rest a few players against us with the final only 4 days later.

Arsenal will also be in the hunt for a Champs League spot and should go all out to beat Wigan (which comes 3 days after the FA Cup final).

I seriously expect us to go into the last game without needing anything from the game. In fact, a loss to Wigan could result in Newcastle being relegated..... (who'd take that for a result???)

Really hate to report this, but using the BBC's Football Predictor, it's absolutely clear as that Villa could even beat Norwich 0-3 and still get relegated -- with 40 points, no less, as others have rightly pointed out. Things would really have to go against AV in lots of horrible ways, but the scenarios I punched in weren't outlandish.

I'm afraid there won't be any real comfort until you guys win two more games. 

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

Really hate to report this, but using the BBC's Football Predictor, it's absolutely clear as that Villa could even beat Norwich 0-3 and still get relegated -- with 40 points, no less, as others have rightly pointed out. Things would really have to go against AV in lots of horrible ways, but the scenarios I punched in weren't outlandish.

Sure its possible but the odds are against that happening.

a friend of my nan's chiropidist knows a bloke who's daughter's stalker reckons Norwich have got permission to draft in C Cuellar on an emergency loan

home and dry

Well, yes its mathematicly possible.

Realistically possible? I'll suck a tramps dick if any team with 40 points goes down.

This is a massive must win game. There is simply no margin for error now.

It really isn't 'must win'. That phrase is so massively overused. This exact point has been discussed maybe 2 pages back?

A 'must win' means (to me) that we NEED to win this game to stay up. Which just isn't true whatsoever.

Lets face it - its a must win.

It actually isn't, thanks to the Sunderland result. It's a 'really nice if we win' or a 'safe if we do', but if worst was to come to worst, we still have Chelsea and Wigan. So technically it's not a must-win.

There's the point.

• Like 1

Every game we seem to have played lately has been  a must win game.  As the general consensus of opinion was we needed 4 points from Sunderland and Norwich, its more a must not loose game.

Technically you are correct but the way I see it, this is our chance to pull away and heap pressure on the others. A loss would be catastrophic with 2 really tough final games.

if you go with the bookies (you mentioned odds) then norwich are favourites to win at home, chelsea are favourites to win at villa park (very heavy favourites at that) and wigan i think woudl be favourites to win at home against us. so we still have to beat the odds to get otu of this situation unless newcastle totally implode and get no more points.

if you go with the bookies (you mentioned odds) then norwich are favourites to win at home, chelsea are favourites to win at villa park (very heavy favourites at that) and wigan i think woudl be favourites to win at home against us. so we still have to beat the odds to get otu of this situation unless newcastle totally implode and get no more points.

.....what

We obviously don't have to 'beat the odds' to stay up, because Newcastle and Wigan are better odds to go down than us.

Edited by StefanAVFC

West Ham (fat Sam) should be totally pumped to nail Newcastle on Saturday . Newcastle rarely do well in London and have only won once away all season (guess who). Another caning would be ideal