Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

2 more wins and we're safe for sure i'd say. on current form, fulham, norwich, sunderland and wigan are all beatable so 2 from those four could realistically be 2 more wins. couple of draws too would see us finish on 41 points and safe as houses. 

next 3 games are crucial, if we don't beat fulham and get tonked by united, we'll be in deep shit again. win against fulham and sunderland and we're laughing, all still in the balance though!

A couple of seasons ago we were relegation fodder and ended up in 9th. With the games we have left, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could get get to 44-46 points, which might just nip into 10th. Having said that, right now 17th would suffice!

At the same stage last season 18th place (Blackburn) had 28 points after 32 games.

Chances are, after Wigan have caught up their 2 games in hand and Sunderland lose to Chelsea today that this season 18th place will have 31 points after 32 games.

At the end of last season 18th place (Bolton) got relegated with 36 points.

42 is the highest points total yet still relegated and the team that finished 18th that season (West Ham) had 31 points after 32 games (same as Sunderland this season)...

Obviously everything relies on the relegation teams form as to how many points will be required to stay up. Judging by the run that a number of teams are in, and the difficulty of a number of teams run ins I don't see us required a points record (42) to stay up. I think that 3 more points than last season's 18th placed team will suffice... ie 39.

yeah 39 would do it i think, not sure how comfortably. so 2 wins or a win and 3 draws from 6 games for us. 

the interesting thing is there are stoke and sunderland on just awful form whilst ourselves wigan and southampton have hit a good run and look like we can keep it up. it would take stoke and sunderland to completely turn it around in 6 games and wigan to maintain their form for us to go down if don't manage to coninue our good form. fulham isn't a must win but it would be a bad weekend to lose seeing stoke have man united, sunderland have a derby against the barcodes and wigan have man city.