Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I fancy us away more than at home we are better as a countet attacking team so think we can get points at norwich , wigan and Reading away.

Sunderland and Fulham at home we need to win thats 15 points and enough to stay up just..

• Like 1

40 points to stay up

Yeah I got that part, but it's clearly wrong. What league have you been watching? It's pretty clear that less than 40 points will be needed to stay up this year. Can you honestly see us, Southampton, Reading or Wigan getting 16+ points from the last 11 games?

if someone offered us a situation where to play Wigan on the final day. Winner survives. Id take it......

I wouldn't.

If it goes to the final day against Wigan in a 'winner takes all' match, we will be relegated.

We need to somehow get our points before the final day (unless Wigan are already safe or already relegated).

Its clearly between us and Wigan for the final spot, nobody above will be dragged in.

The problem is Wigan do this year in year out and have the experience.

I'm dreading that final game of the season winner takes all i reckon.

I think Southampton could be in trouble. They are only 3 points ahead of us and Wigan.

Really not starting to like the look of that last game either. If it's all hinging on that game I don't fancy our chances.

This probably isn’t the thread for this but….

Last night’s game between WHU and Spuds reminded me so much of when we played Everton away under O’Neill and won 2-3 in the last minute (A Young last min winner).

I bet last night Spuds fans felt just like we did that night, bouncing, chasing a CL spot, exiting players, last minute winner from a wonder kid, manager running onto the pitch afterwards ‘you’re a genius! genius!’.

Now look at us.

Bugger.

Thing is Spuds are going to kick on unlike us – no chance Bale will be going to Ci£y etc.

I can only hope that just like Spuds in the way they lost it under Ramos and almost got relegated that we will one day be the same and be back up there fighting at the top of the league.

Somehow doubt it though.

Bugger.

Just re-listened to Gary Neville's assessment of us & you can't help but agree with a lot of what he says... That this team as it stands would struggle to cope with the more physical Championship. The kids would just be bullied out of it & we would likely struggle. ..He did also state that we would need to change our policy & buy some more toughened experienced pro's... This i cannot disagree with.

As for a last day battle with Wigan for survival? Well we have already lost every major battle we have faced pretty much this season & Wigan are the masters of last day battles so i would not fancy this bunch at all in that.

This probably isn’t the thread for this but….

Last night’s game between WHU and Spuds reminded me so much of when we played Everton away under O’Neill and won 2-3 in the last minute (A Young last min winner).

I bet last night Spuds fans felt just like we did that night, bouncing, chasing a CL spot, exiting players, last minute winner from a wonder kid, manager running onto the pitch afterwards ‘you’re a genius! genius!’.

Now look at us.

Bugger.

Thing is Spuds are going to kick on unlike us – no chance Bale will be going to Ci£y etc.

I can only hope that just like Spuds in the way they lost it under Ramos and almost got relegated that we will one day be the same and be back up there fighting at the top of the league.

Somehow doubt it though.

Bugger.

The major difference between us then and Spurs now, is that they have already proved to their best players they are capable of Champs League.