Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

i think Wigan will be one of the teams going down. Their form are not good. Since beating us, they have drawn 3 and lost 3. And before beating us, they had 5 losses and 1 draw (against QPR). Says all about our match against them, but we have improved the play in the last matches. They have not and if they lose to Reading next, they could be in trouble since the next two games are Liverpool and City.

Did predictor

Reading, Wigan, QPR down.

Villa finish 14th on 40 points. 

Got the same three going down with us finishing 15th on 34 points. Below the barcodes but above Fulham and Norwich (33 points each).

QPR 24 points, Reading 30, Wigan 31.

Did predictor

Reading, Wigan, QPR down.

Villa finish 14th on 40 points. 

How does that work, exactly?

Well Villa win some games

and Reading, Wigan & QPR lose some games and find themselves in the bottom 3 by the end of the season :3 

My predictor:

16: Aston Villa

17: West Ham

18: Wigan

19: Reading

20: QPR

We finish 16 with 35 points. Norwich on the same points after losing against Everton, United and Southampton before drawing against Sunderland and winning against Wigan and then losing at Swansea and Arsenal. Then they draw against Reading, lose to Stoke and us and draw against WBA and lose to City.

We win against West Ham, lose to Arsenal and City, win vs Reading and QPR before losing to Liverpool, Stoke. Draw against Fulham, lose to United, Draw against Sunderland, win against Norwich before losing against both Chelsea and Wigan.

Wigan end up 18th with 30 points. They lose their next three matches against Reading, Liverpool and City. 

15th on 36 points.

Not sure how I did it but I have:

15 Villa 36pts

16 Reading 35pts

17 Fulham 34pts

18 Norwich 34pts

19 Wigan 25 pts

20 QPR pts

it'll be all very close

strangely I can't really see Fulham dropping that low though

Edited by AXD

Hmmn.. some interesting points tallying going on above?!

I revised mine since todays results to this

Southampton...46pts

Newcastle........46pts

Norwich...........42pts

Villa.................34pts

Wigan.............33pts

QPR................33pts

Reading...........33pts

That is with us beating West Ham, Fulham & Sunderland at home & drawing against Reading (a), QPR (h), Stoke (a), Norwich (a) & Wigan (a)

Lose against any of Reading QPR or Wigan & we are down as we not only lose the points but give them to them also.

I have it going into the last day of the season looking like this:

13 - Fulham 39pts

14 - West Ham 38pts

15 - Norwich 36pts

16 - Aston Villa 36pts

17 - Southampton 32pts

18 - Reading - 29pts

19 - Wigan - 27pts

20 - QPR - 22pts

Edited by P3te

So, how many people had Southampton to win against Man City on their BBC predictor mojo?

Yup. Not many.

I'll tell you this for free. All the teams around us are going to be picking up unexpected points. It happens every season. I like the idea of whoever posted that Norwich will continue to accumulate 0.44 pts a game till the end of the season but it's not reality. Fighters instinct kicks in and we don't have any fighters. The way we surrender leads with minutes left is a symptom of an inexperienced team that gets pushed over when the going gets tough.

The teams around us, barring Reading and Southampton have a hell of a lot more experience than us.

Reading and Southampton, the two teams without experience, are picking up unexpected points.

That leaves us... we are not picking up unexpected points and we have no experience.

We could play Man City 20 times in the state we are in now and we wouldn't win one of them. Southampton can. Big difference.

It's clear as day that we're getting relegated to me. I hope we pick up points against West Ham tomorrow... I can't see it, but there is a chance.

I hope we don't lose against Reading when we play them.

I hope we don't lose against QPR when we play them.

I hope we don't lose against Wigan when we play them.

I hope we don't lose against Norwich when we play them.

Reality is that we are likely to lose more than just one of those games and that's us done.