Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We cant compete with these clubs now and we have been in this league and getting this money for years,  just how do you think we'll be able to compete with them when we miss out on the 60M next year?  Even clubs like Cardiff and Hull if they come up will be ahead of us

So after this season clubs that are promoted get no money?

We are relegated and that is **** shit.

However, football does exist outside the premier league, teams play games score goals and win games, something we dont do in this league. Perhaps we can enjoy it in another one.

As for the 'then what' - then we can actually invest some money into an already good, settled squad that knows what it feels like to win something - be it even the playoffs. 

You don't just give up if something bad happens to you - overcoming adversity is a fundamental part of football and sport as a whole. 

I do not agree that it would be a blessing in disguise.  I do not think that people realise just how much shit we will be in.

We cant compete with these clubs now and we have been in this league and getting this money for years,  just how do you think we'll be able to compete with them when we miss out on the 60M next year?  Even clubs like Cardiff and Hull if they come up will be ahead of us

Sorry but we go down now,  and we are by the way no ifs or buts,  and in my humble opinion it puts us at a sever disadvantage for a generation.  Then we would need an oil baron to rescue us

Cheers Randy.

I agree totally the league will pass us by we will be a yo yo club even if we can get out of the championship. Lerner has ruined the club from the very day he walked in he set this ball rolling down hill and it's still rolling

I'm with Richard on this. Whichever way you choose to cut it - relegation will cause significant damage to this football club. For me it would set up back between 5 and 10 years.

True, there is life beyond the Premier League. But there is more chance of us playing in league 1 in 5 years time, than of us challenging in the top 10 should we go down. In my opinion anyway, so don't even ask for any scientific evidence of this or 'for the win' type retorts of 'when did I say that?' etc. This isn't the time for Billy Big Bollox point scoring.

Suicide isn't painless... it hurts like hell... (Carter USM).

January 2013 - AVFC committed suicide.

I'm with Richard on this. Whichever way you choose to cut it - relegation will cause significant damage to this football club. For me it would set up back between 5 and 10 years.

True, there is life beyond the Premier League. But there is more chance of us playing in league 1 in 5 years time, than of us challenging in the top 10 should we go down. In my opinion anyway, so don't even ask for any scientific evidence of this or 'for the win' type retorts of 'when did I say that?' etc. This isn't the time for Billy Big Bollox point scoring.

Suicide isn't painless... it hurts like hell... (Carter USM).

January 2013 - AVFC committed suicide.

Thats just so over the top and dramatic its untrue, no evidence of that apocalyptic scenario.

Lerner doesn't want to invest now because he is trying to strip back all the fat, if we go down and come up with a lean squad without any large wages there is nothing to say he wont invest from that point; no evidence whats so ever, trying to claim otherwise is just scaremongering for effect.

If we come up we will also get tv money as well, or do all other teams get tv money apart from Villa?

Seems like some Villa fans should experience relegation to give them some perspective and stop obsessing about money and staying in a league they are never going to win anyway. The way some people are talking its like they will refuse to celebrate a goal or a win in the championship next season...** disclaimer this is not saying relegation is a good thing**

You can talk about history meaning nothing but there is no way this club should be relegated in the premiership era. Poor decision making from the very top has put us in this position and people seem to think that poor decision making will stop if we go down and we'll improve? Based on what?

He failed at the browns because of his decision making and his taking this club down.

lerners prepared for us to eb achampionshoip team you can see it with the level of finance he has provided lambert

the guy has shown that he doesnt care about teh fans and a very poor businessman as he will miss alot of money with new tv deal. he probably only realise this after the window shuts the fool

the value of the club drops significantly too and we are the new leeds when we go down

We know we are getting extra money from Sky 

Bent around 8-10mil sale

Benteke if sold next season £15mil 

So why not spend now ? I f we go down we will need to buy players that are at that level to get us up ,only to replace them when/if we do.It's madness.

I still believe we will survive, but of course every game we lose, it gets harder.

We are a long way off the promised land of 40 points, but, I don't think that will be needed. Over the last 17 years, the points total needed to survive has been:

• 11/12 - 37
  • 10/11 - 40
  • 09/10 - 31
  • 08/09 - 35
  • 07/08 - 36*
  • 06/07 - 39
  • 05/06 - 35
  • 04/05 - 34
  • 03/04 - 34
  • 02/03 - 43
  • 01/02 - 37
  • 00/01 - 35
  • 99/00 - 34
  • 98/99 - 37
  • 97/98 - 40
  • 96/97 - 41
  • 95/96 - 38*

* goal difference, so if Villas is still worst, add 1 point for guaranteed figure.

Before 95/96 there were 22 teams in league, so more games.

8 seasons 36 points would have been enough.

3 seasons 37 points.

4 seasons 40 or more needed.

I feel that this season could be at the lower end of the scale, just because of how poor the lower teams have been and maybe the high points total of the top teams (I haven't checked this yet)

It's still squeaky bum time though! 

8 points worse off than last year, and I thought that was a bad year! had such optimism going in to this year..cant belive are **** shit owner is just prepared to let us go down!! I have accepted relagation now, I just want Lerner to **** off away from my club, you don't buy a football club without knowing that you will have to spend money.. what a great custodian you have been!!

I still believe we will survive, but of course every game we lose, it gets harder.

We are a long way off the promised land of 40 points, but, I don't think that will be needed. Over the last 17 years, the points total needed to survive has been:

• 11/12 - 37
  • 10/11 - 40
  • 09/10 - 31
  • 08/09 - 35
  • 07/08 - 36*
  • 06/07 - 39
  • 05/06 - 35
  • 04/05 - 34
  • 03/04 - 34
  • 02/03 - 43
  • 01/02 - 37
  • 00/01 - 35
  • 99/00 - 34
  • 98/99 - 37
  • 97/98 - 40
  • 96/97 - 41
  • 95/96 - 38*

* goal difference, so if Villas is still worst, add 1 point for guaranteed figure.

Before 95/96 there were 22 teams in league, so more games.

8 seasons 36 points would have been enough.

3 seasons 37 points.

4 seasons 40 or more needed.

I feel that this season could be at the lower end of the scale, just because of how poor the lower teams have been and maybe the high points total of the top teams (I haven't checked this yet)

It's still squeaky bum time though! 

I am not over reacting I seriously don't think we can get another single win, we are that shot!

I am not over reacting I seriously don't think we can get another single win, we are that shot!

Well, if they play like they did in the first half yesterday, we won't.

Let's hope the reality of where they are has been hammered home, they certainly looked like they were more willing to fight in the second half.