Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

They've also played a lot of games recently. I think they only got back into the country yesterday and then have to play Leeds away tonight. A good result against them isn't out of the realms of possibility.

Agreed, couldn't get a game against them at better time.

He's a dodgy manager because he lost the plot years ago - he spent loads of money on dross, finished 7th, got sacked, inherited a top notch Inter side, **** that up and got sacked after only 25 games. He was that dodgy that no club would touch him with a barge pole for over 2 years, and when Chelsea signed up him as their interim boss, tons of fans were rightly pissed off.

Didn't he win something with Liverpool?

Rumour has it that we approached Rafa to manage our club but we were turned down.

If he is that bad a manager why did Chelsea approach him in the first place?

The Chelsea fans didn't want him at the club due to Rafa previously stating that he would never manage their club. I'm not sure what that's got to do with Rafa's ability as a manager

If he is that bad a manager why did Chelsea approach him in the first place?

Torres is one reason.

Another reason is Benitez's stock has fallen so low that he doesn't mind taking a job for a few months until the main man is appointed in the summer.

Except you weren't just criticising Benteke's form but writing him off completely. I don't know why you can't just let this one go and admit you got it wrong.

They've also played a lot of games recently. I think they only got back into the country yesterday and then have to play Leeds away tonight. A good result against them isn't out of the realms of possibility.

Nope wrong again Mantis. My references to Benteke were based on his form. This can be clearly seen in my posts. Yes I made references to players such as Balaban (poor touch and missed chances) and Djemba (poor touch and awkward). These references although harsh were made to reflect Benteke's form.

Also if you actually take the time to read my posts instead of continually gloating you will see that I have continually admitted I was wrong about him. Reply to the actual post and not what you want to imagine.

Nope wrong again Mantis. My references to Benteke were based on his form. This can be clearly seen in my posts. Yes I made references to players such as Balaban (poor touch and missed chances) and Djemba (poor touch and awkward). These references although harsh were made to reflect Benteke's form.

Also if you actually take the time to read my posts instead of continually gloating you will see that I have continually admitted I was wrong about him. Reply to the actual post and not what you want to imagine.

You wrote him off. Fair enough that you have admitted you were wrong but don't later claim that all you were doing was commenting on his form.

And please do stop with this condescending "wrong again" thing.

Torres is one reason.

Another reason is Benitez's stock has fallen so low that he doesn't mind taking a job for a few months until the main man is appointed in the summer.

Yes I've heard the point before concerning Torres but if he was appointed to get Torres playing again surely that would be on the basis of Rafa being able to get the best out of Torres where other managers have failed.

Secondly if Rafa's stock has fallen so low I'm sure Chelsea could have appointed any number of managers on an interim deal looking for a nice pay day.

I don't think Rafa is a poor manager at all and I tend to think Rafa was given the post to try and instill discipline into a player power based dressing room in readiness for Barca's previous manager.

You absolutely wrote him off almost from day one. I think your exact words were "Going to be Lambert's Balaban. A total waste of 7m".....this was after he had made 3 (THREE!!) PL apperances (one as sub for 20 mins)

You started to write off Westwood but quickly backtracked as it became apparent that he was a great prospect

You are now doing the same with Bennett and KEA after literally a handful of games. I'm not sure if they are going to make it but as a supporter I'm willing to give them a chance. It can take a lot longer than a few games to settle in to a new team. I remember Ashley Young did not look a world beater in his first few games but later proved he was more than worth his transfer

You wrote him off. Fair enough that you have admitted you were wrong but don't later claim that all you were doing was commenting on his form.

And please do stop with this condescending "wrong again" thing.

Well at least you've made a little progress there Mantis in your own way about stating previously that I hadn't admitted I was wrong about Benteke.

I do claim I was commenting on his form because as previously explained how else do you define a player. I am more than happy that my previous posts on Benteke substantiate that and I will continue to state whether you are wrong or not depending on the context of your posts.

Well at least you've made a little progress there Mantis in your own way about stating previously that I hadn't admitted I was wrong about Benteke.

I do claim I was commenting on his form because as previously explained how else do you define a player. I am more than happy that my previous posts on Benteke substantiate that and I will continue to state whether you are wrong or not depending on the context of your posts.

I never said you'd never admitted that.

What about the quotes in the post above? You wrote him off and I honestly don't know why you continue to deny that.

Except you don't say "wrong again" on the content of someone's posts, you say it as a natural reaction to any post you don't like or disagree with.

I think we are still right in it. We've played well of late but I'm not getting too carried away by the Liverpool result. Lambert has a history of knowing how to play against Rodgers' teams. It comes as no surprise to me that our two best performances were arguably against Swansea and Liverpool.

You absolutely wrote him off almost from day one. I think your exact words were "Going to be Lambert's Balaban. A total waste of 7m".....this was after he had made 3 (THREE!!) PL apperances (one as sub for 20 mins)

You started to write off Westwood but quickly backtracked as it became apparent that he was a great prospect

You are now doing the same with Bennett and KEA after literally a handful of games. I'm not sure if they are going to make it but as a supporter I'm willing to give them a chance. It can take a lot longer than a few games to settle in to a new team. I remember Ashley Young did not look a world beater in his first few games but later proved he was more than worth his transfer

Take it easy 'VillaCas' your going to blow a head gasket.

You mention three games. That's fair enough but the point remains I was commenting on how the player was playing, I.E HIS FORM! Can you agree with me that his touch was poor? Can you agree with me that he missed sitters that say in the same place Bent would have scored. Form 'VillaCas' form and I alikened him to those players you so kindly keep mentioning due to form.

You'll find my comments on Westwood have been more than complimentary. Actually was the first poster to state that we had our very own Joe Allen.

But please continue in your pursuit of acceptance on site.

Wow, You've got an overblown sense of self-importance if you think I'm commenting on your posts to ingratiate myself with a group of anonymous posters!!!

I comment on your posts because they are far and away the most ridiculous on here - how is "....Lambert's Balaban. A total waste of 7m...." after three games a fair comment after a player misses a header or mis-controls a pass.

When you're in a hole Morpheous stop digging

You mention three games. That's fair enough but the point remains I was commenting on how the player was playing, I.E HIS FORM! Can you agree with me that his touch was poor? Can you agree with me that he missed sitters that say in the same place Bent would have scored.

You wrote Benteke off. You might regret it now but at least admit it rather than trying to say you didn't say it and you were talking about form. Everyone gets things wrong, when they do they should hold their hands up and admit it. I thought Warnock was a good signing, I thought he would turn himself around when Houllier went but I was wrong on both, no harm in admitting it.

You wrote Benteke off, you didn't say he isn't playing well. You said he was Lambert's Balaban and a complete waste of the money we paid for him, your choice of one of our biggest flops ever was intentional and it had nothing to do with a reference to form.

You would have far more credibility if you just accepted you got it wrong (or appear to have got it wrong) on Benteke rather than try and deny what you said or deflect it to be about form.

As for Bent, nobody knows if he would have scored the chances Benteke missed because I've seen him miss easy chances as well. Besides which there is no guarentee we would have even created the same chances with him on the pitch.

Cut this crap out.

Take it easy 'VillaCas' your going to blow a head gasket.

You'll find my comments on Westwood have been more than complimentary. Actually was the first poster to state that we had our very own Joe Allen.

Don't want to get involved in the wider arguement - but is a comparison to Joe Allen a compliment ? - Got to be the worst £15m spent in the summer ?

You mention three games. That's fair enough but the point remains I was commenting on how the player was playing, I.E HIS FORM!

But this is the point everyone is making. And you're entirely agreeing with it.

You were making a judgement about a players' future at the club based on 3 games.

Yes, that's all you had to go on. We're pointing out how utterly stupid it is to write off a player when ALL you have to go on is 3 games (not to mention a 21 year old's first 3 games in a country he's just moved to in a team that isn't exactly going to make you look good)

Your argument that that's all you have to go on is EXACTLY why people are making fun of you.