Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

5 points from our last 3 was something i thought was a decent return, i don't see why we can't get 6 points from our next 5 games. that would leave us on 20 points from 20 games and looking a whole better than a couple of weeks ago.

tottenham on current form is a very tough ask but stoke, wigan, chelsea and liverpool are all games we can get something out of so why not a win and a few draws? or a couple of wins?

i think we're due to give someone a pasting and we're also capable of turning up a surprise result or two if we play at our best.

having scored more last season than this at this stage is merely a reflection of the respective teams that mcleish and PL started with... its only in the second half of the season that the impact of the new manager starts to reflect on the team, and we all know how the second half of last season went for us.

look at MON's second six months in charge... di matteos...

i'll take where we are today in terms of squad, potential, approach, attitude than this time last year any day of the week...

anyone have any idea on concrete ron, we'll need wise heads against stoke, even though i thought baker was excellent on saturday...

used the premier league table predictor on the BBC to see where i think we will be. i've just put 1-0 for a win, 0-0 for a draw for all teams so ignore the GD. Got us down to draw against Stoke and Liverpool, beat Wigan and lose to Spurs and Chelsea. If Norwich and Newcastle don't do as i expect then we could be 13th by new year, can't argue with that after the start to the season we've had

Table.png

i think that is a reasonable expectation. Reading have a dangerous couple of games, the next 2 weeks will decide if they stay up or go down IMO, i've also been very kind to QPR with their results and they are still right in the mess so not too worried even if they start to improve.

5 points from our last 3 was something i thought was a decent return, i don't see why we can't get 6 points from our next 5 games. that would leave us on 20 points from 20 games and looking a whole better than a couple of weeks ago.

tottenham on current form is a very tough ask but stoke, wigan, chelsea and liverpool are all games we can get something out of so why not a win and a few draws? or a couple of wins?

i think we're due to give someone a pasting and we're also capable of turning up a surprise result or two if we play at our best.

We haven't given anyone 'a pasting' for some considerable time now and there's a reason for that.

used the premier league table predictor on the BBC to see where i think we will be. i've just put 1-0 for a win, 0-0 for a draw for all teams so ignore the GD. Got us down to draw against Stoke and Liverpool, beat Wigan and lose to Spurs and Chelsea. If Norwich and Newcastle don't do as i expect then we could be 13th by new year, can't argue with that after the start to the season we've had

Table.png

i think that is a reasonable expectation. Reading have a dangerous couple of games, the next 2 weeks will decide if they stay up or go down IMO, i've also been very kind to QPR with their results and they are still right in the mess so not too worried even if they start to improve.

I think that this looks very do-able and in fact with a little luck we could be as high as 13th by the year end (not still in the relegation spots as some doom merchants predict).

I have always felt that we would be much more comfortable by new year and following a few more signings and with PLs plans starting to get traction, we can look forward to a second half of the season looking up the table rather than down

• Like 1

We haven't given anyone 'a pasting' for some considerable time now and there's a reason for that.

The reason being that PL was sorting out his squad, bedding in 8 new players and schooling our youngsters in his prefered way of playing. Would'nt surprise me at all if we don't put a few past someone soon.

TBH neither Chelsea or Liverpool are playing that well currently so think there is a fair chance of some points there

Won't we just provide a springboard for both clubs & the likes of Torrres to get their seasons kick started

I'd say we gave Swansea a "pasting"

Ok it was only 2-0, but apart from about 5-10 minutes at the start, we dominated them that day.

Obviously they were also experiencing the frailties that come with a new manager at the time.

This is when the season finally starts to take off for everyone now and it is going to be a very interesting month of fixtures for us.

Agreed - i'm excited about the next couple of months. A few new faces arriving and a few old faces going, hopefully. I think Lambert has now got a better idea of the challenges he still faces and will start to build success on the foundations he has already established.

I'm more hopeful and positive than in the last few years and could see us achieving a top half finish

We have one of the leagues most potent goal scorers sat on the bench yet our manager for whatever reason refuses to play him. I really hope it doesn't backfire and bite us on the arse.

I think that this looks very do-able and in fact with a little luck we could be as high as 13th by the year end (not still in the relegation spots as some doom merchants predict).

I have always felt that we would be much more comfortable by new year and following a few more signings and with PLs plans starting to get traction, we can look forward to a second half of the season looking up the table rather than down

I'm struggling to see how 19 points after 20 games puts us in a comfortable position.

Everything will be really thight this season, alot of teams in the mix. The obvious qpr, reading, southampton, villa, wigan even sunderland, newcastle, norwich and fulham are in there. Thats nine teams for you that can easily get dragged into it.