Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Blunderland, it pains me to say it but there is something not right at that club and it has just not clicked for MON there. As long as he remains the more chance they have of staying in the shit
Why does it pain you to say that?

I was looking at the table last night, and was very suprised to see that Newcastle were only one point above us. I wonder why they are struggluing, is it a case of second season syndrome? Or are some of the players minds elsewhere, or are they suffering as a result of Europa cup exploits? Are Newcastle potential relegation candidates?

I was looking at the table last night, and was very suprised to see that Newcastle were only one point above us. I wonder why they are struggluing, is it a case of second season syndrome? Or are some of the players minds elsewhere, or are they suffering as a result of Europa cup exploits? Are Newcastle potential relegation candidates?

They have three of their best players injured and don't have a big enough squad to cope with both the Premiership and Europa League.

Yohan Cabaye and Stephen Taylor are both out injured long term. The squad is also being stretched by the demands of the Europa League. It doesn't surprise me that Newcastle are imploding - I expected it to happen last season. they don't have the squad depth or premier league experience to sustain their performance at top 6/8 level.

The irony is that since Alan Pardew signed an 8 year contract on 27 September, Newcastle's premier league performance has been W1 D3 L4.

I didn't realise that NUFC had such an injury problem, I've just noticed that they're both apparently out until February which will be a big blow for them, especially Cabaye. I guess they'll hope make do for the time being and to pull away when Cabaye comes back into the fold, although there is no guarantee that he'll find form straight away after a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Talking of injuries, we have suffered our fair share this season, I was looking the other week and we had 5 players out. We have rarely had a weekend with a full squad to choose from from memory. If we can improve on this side of things and get a regular-ish (Isay this as PL likes to rotate a bit) starting eleven then hopefully we can gain some consistancy to our form and results.

After watching last night's game i feel Reading will go down. They just haven't got enough quality to score enough goals to stay up. That leaves two places left for the trap door. Southampton are better than us going forward and will score goals. I therefore think they have just enough going forward to be safe. Wigan also play enough good football and have enough threat going forward to be safe so it could well be between ourselves, QPR, Norwich and West Ham for for the final two places with Sunderland probably backing MON in January again to keep them up.

My own predictions here are based on current squads and Lambert's current philosophy on purchasing youth but of course those squads may change in January.

Wrong again - we will finish well ahead of Southapton and Wigan - comfortably mid-table

What position do you class as comfortably mid table?

I think we will finish 9th-12th (if pushed I will go for 10th)

I really rate PL and think that he is getting to grips with what is required - a dozen games is nothing to sort out the mess on and off the field he inherieted.

So a Southampton win tonight and were back in the bottom 3

Hmmmmmmm, and I was having a good day

Perversely I think Southampton winning could be a good thing - if Norwich win they shoot up the table but a loss keeps them in the mix at the bottom

I sincerely hope your right!

All insults aside I sincerely beleive in PL and that he will get this right. He is working to a tight budget and I think will take us to mid-table (I believe he will do that this season). My worry though is that we have no real plan to get any further than that in the future

Three CL sides? Average??

Two title-contenders

Two clubs likely to be in the relegation scrap

A club challenging for fourth

On a neutral field, that's a harder than average schedule, though not by much. Make three of the five home games, and it's, more or less, an average slate games.

Also, with QPR- has anyone ever had 5 points at this stage of the season and stayed up?

No. If they dont beat us Saturday they match the record for most games without a win (swindon, 15 games 1994). The qpr game is huge, win and we will go 11 point clear, that a big gap to close for them to us.

Is that Brian butterfield in your avayar?

• Like 1

nope

saturday is obviously a massive game, positive hat on we are 3 points off 10th, fulhams next 2 games are chelsea and spurs, stoke are playing newcastle tonight and swansea in 9th have 17pts and west brom and arsenal, we could be well in the mid table mix come saturday night

shows just how much football there is left to play