Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Bent's lack of dropping deep is the real problem. When Benteke and Bent play together they both need to be right up the pitch and that's a luxury we can't afford right now. I think that's what happened when we got destroyed by Southampton IIRC. Weimann and Gaby will track back and cover the full backs, Gaby has pace, and Weimann can carry the ball past people. Bent can't/won't do any of those things.

To play Bent I think we'd have to drop Benteke and play Ireland behind him, so Weimann, Gaby and Ireland will put a shift in when we don't have the ball, and can create for Bent when we do.

Bent doesn't give us the safety net of being able to hoof it up field when we're under pressure that Benteke does, because he'll barely even challenge for it let alone win anything.

I can understand why Bent wouldn't be starting over Benteke - but I can't understand why Lambert would have Bowery on the bench over him though.

I dont understand why Bent is not included. We have the worst goalscoring record in the league.

Just about to finish up work for the day and head home to get changed

Let's put disputes about Managers, formations, players and Harry Redknapp aside for the next few hours and get behind the team in what is a pivotal game for us

I'm fully expecting to be back on here tonight celebrating 3 points and a step up the league

Come on you Villa boys!!!!!

Tonight will be the point on which my optimism for this season hinges. A loss and I think we'll go down - not because of the game alone, but if we're not good enough to get a result here then the writing will be on the wall, that and the terminal loss of confidence resulting from defeat.

QPR is a big game

and if we win that stoke is a big game too, then we'll have a big game against liverpool which we could potentially be looking at winning to go ahead of them

it's tighter than a gnats arse in midtable at the moment, the actual league placings mean **** all

4 teams played tonight that are in trouble we had the youngest least experienced team out of the three ..and we won.Good performance ..no it was a very nervy match but we got through it...and scored from a corner.So I prefer to look at the positives right now.