Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Resorting to sarcasm again to try and score points. Now where have i seen you doing that before?

Legit question - If we somehow did sack Lambert - how long would you give his replacement before you wanted him out?

It may seem perverse after winning away 3-2 tonight, but ATM I am fearing the worst - we look like a mid table Championship side at best. With a few player exceptions this is one of the worst Villa sides I have seen in years. I was really embarrassed by our 2nd half performance tonight and we were very lucky it didn't go to extra time. If it had, Swindon IMO would have won. Our winner was against the run of play and Swindon were the better side by far in the 2nd half, our midfield were all at sea, allowing Swindon to pass the ball around and attack down our wings at will. At times the space they had was incredible.

Be very afraid folks! If we don't strengthen in January I reckon we are for the drop - our midfield & defence with the exception of Vlaar are really crap!

So either way about 9 games then morpheus?

But that is one hell of a fickle answer if I ever seen one!

Where have I said 9 games in answering the question? What is a manager judged on. It wouldn't be performances and results would it? Did you see the comments in the chat room when Swindon scored their seconded goal and again when we got the third. Now that's what you call fickle. At least I am consistant in my opinions and don't change those based on one game. So who is actually fickle here. Understand the terminology before trying to use it.

Where have I said 9 games in answering the question? What is a manager judged on. It wouldn't be performances and results would it? Did you see the comments in the chat room when Swindon scored their seconded goal and again when we got the third. Now that's what you call fickle. At least I am consistant in my opinions and don't change those based on one game. So who is actually fickle here. Understand the terminology before trying to use it.

Oh I do understand it no problem. So let me ask you this.

As things stand do you want Lambert sacked or allow him more time?

I don't think there are many people who want to sack the manager but a lot of people, myself included, feel there is a very real posibility this will be the season we go down.

I would stick with Lambert and give him a season to get promotion again if we do drop but I would really like him to show some signs of improving the form of the team pretty quick smart because if anything we have looked worse the last two games and compared with West Ham and Swansea early in the season.

We have a young squad and confidence can be a very fragile thing. Once it goes it can be nearly impossible to get back again.

We just need a bit of polish around the edges. The majority of our defensive mistakes are trying to be too clever with it and going down the tippy tappy route instead of launching it out of the ground.

The midfield needs help for sure, but I think we haven't found the right combination for the bunch we have at the minute. For me KEA / Holman / Ireland should start. Not sure who else comes in or if that's part of a 4 3 3

Every midfield in the Premiership has experience there, if not in the starting line up then as an option on the bench, even Arsenal with all their young talent bought Arteta as some experience. We really need a Scholes / Barry / Parker / Arteta type player who can come into the midfield and just help cut out the playground mistakes. The trouble is we don't have anyone in our entire squad who can do that without Petrov, unless Ireland can really take the team by the balls.

Our defense is improving, our attack is improving, our midfield is probably the worst in the league.

I try very hard to not repeat myself either mate unless i'm dealing with Mantis :rolleyes:.

I try very hard to not repeat myself either mate unless i'm dealing with Mantis :rolleyes:.

Very good.

So again as things stand do you want Lambert sacked or not?

Edit: i have found your answer on page 76 and yes, you do want Lambert sacked now cause of how things stand & feel he is not the man for the job? Correct?

Yet let me guess if I may, that if Lambert had won 7 of our opening 9 games and currently sat 5th in the league atm you would be shining the sun out of his arse, the fact we are where we are you are simply out to get him and want him gone.

That my friend to my original reply to you is what is known as 'fickle'.

Stick by the team/manager through thick and thin, not just when the roses are blooming!