Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Investment in January is unlikely to change things. Lambert made 8 signings in the summer. He bought players in for nearly every position. He chose youth over experience. I don't see how more of the same will make us any better. We either need to accept his squad and his methods or start wanting him out.

Been a hard slog for going on 3 years ...

Yes, 3 years of promises by those in power resulting in 3 years of pain and suffering to those that follow. Sounds just like politics to me. I guess there's not much difference between the owner of a football club and a politician. Both spout bollocks and expect people to believe it.

If money is avaliable we really shouldn't be looking to raid the likes of Burnley this time around.

No need to raid Burnley when there are plenty of kids playing in League 1 and 2 that we could lure to VP for a relative pittance of a PL wage.

Season in - season out - if you're around the bottom - eventually you go down. - you can't keep getting away with it. Im sort of torn between hoping Lamberts players come good - and a spending spree in Jan.

Right now I would settle for not being out of touch come Dec 31.......

At least not getting relegated will be a pleasant surprise if it happens.

Actually I think we'll be fine, just going through a bad patch and confidence is low. Will prob get worse before it gets better though.

I am resigned to the fact that we will probably go down this season.

But I don't think replacing the manager AGAIN will solve anything.

The problems at our beloved club are far more deep rooted than the manager.

It feels like the club is rotten to the core!

:(

There is nothing to be positive about atm. This is the lowest eb we have ever sunk too in my 20 years of supporting us.

The main reason for me is that two years ago we were in relegation trouble, but we knew our squad was much better than the results we were getting. Last year we nearly got relegated and had an horrendous manager and played the worst football I have seen us play.

But this year we have a supposedly good manager and are still playing rubbish football and getting rubbish results. For reasons I cant explain, our good players are not performing. Gabby hasnt scored a PL goal in nearly a year, Albrighton has gone backwards, Zog hasnt shown us anything, Ireland isnt consistent enough and most of the new signings dont look great at all. Guzan is playing superbly, Vlaar and Benteke look good. Either way our team is abysmal, you look through the line-ups on matchdays and its embarassing. A mish-mash of Championship level players.

I'm not going to wax lyrical about where were 3-4 years ago. Its irrelevant. We are here and it is now. What really concerns me is that there are 5-6 squads in this league than are weaker than ours and some of them are playing better and winning games. Lambert was getting Norwich to play way above their station last season, as have many other teams and many other managers. Three managers in a row for us have not been able to do this. What is wrong with our club? I have watched MOTD once this season. I couldnt give a shit about the other teams and seeing the goals anymore. This is what Villa being abysmal does to me. I watch our game, we usually lose and play terribly and thats it for the football for the weekend. Villa in the last 3 years have removed all the passion I have for this sport. It's even got so bad that relegation doesnt even scare me. It would almost be like putting us out of our misery.

Will we get relegated? Probably not. However if we finish 17th so what? I just want to enjoy watching us play again. 3 wins in 28 makes me feel sick. Also, when did we last run out comfortable winners in a game? As in be 3-0 up with half an hour to go? The few wins we have had in the last couple of years always seem to be have a nervous last 10 minutes.

Being a Villa fan eh? :blink:

• Like 1

Season in - season out - if you're around the bottom - eventually you go down. - you can't keep getting away with it. Im sort of torn between hoping Lamberts players come good - and a spending spree in Jan.

Right now I would settle for not being out of touch come Dec 31.......

Couldnt agree with the above statment more we need to be in touch with the rest relegation will see us like the leeds and sheffield weds there will be no quick return for us

Imo we wont get relegated but we will definitely be down there battling away, and with our tough run in next month i think we will drop into the bottom 3 for a while, which will be horrible to see but we will get back out of it.

If we get in the bottom 3 so soon into the season i dont see us getting out again.