Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Lambert has had no positive impact, not even an initial burst. It's all very concerning. Hate to say it but I think McLeish would have got more points out of the opening 8 games.

I agree with you actually because this would've been McLeish's second season and he would've had a chance to further instill his anti-football into the team and bring in more cloggers to suit his style, so we'd be even more effective at grinding out dull 0-0 draws and snatching an occasional 1-0. The football would be terrible though and we'd forever be lower mid-table under him.

That's the best case scenario. We could've just as easily been at this point under McLeish with no wins at all.

A big problem at the moment is lack of continuity, both with the players and management.

Did I read correctly that Agbonlahor hasn't scored in 26 premiership games? ....I don't understand why he is currently playing? I think it should be Benteke and Bent up front for sure.... If not, then 1 of those two up front alone with 5 in midfield...

I love gabby, I really do, but he is not doing it for the team right now.

Take the 40 pt mark as needed to stay up, that's 10 wins and 10 draws with 18 defeats in a season, we have 1 win and 2 draws so far with 30 left, of those 30 we have

Norwich

Reading

Qpr

Wigan

West ham (h)

Southampton (h)

Fulham (h)

Plenty of games left to get the 40 points.

Take the 40 pt mark as needed to stay up, that's 10 wins and 10 draws with 18 defeats in a season, we have 1 win and 2 draws so far with 30 left, of those 30 we have

Norwich

Reading

Qpr

Wigan

West ham (h)

Southampton (h)

Fulham (h)

I actually think we'll take a fair few points of the midtable clubs too as the season goes on, ala Newcastle. We've been competitive in every game so far except Everton, it's not like we are getting hammered. There's obviously significant room for improvement but we'll get there, give it time.

That said, for the sake of confidence we could do with a result next weekend.

• Like 1

Not saying we will win them. Not at all, just pointing out the fixtures we have.

Everyone has the same fixtures come the end of the season and in reality we have had a pretty easy ride as start of seasons go.

It's going to be a long hard season, but I wasn't disillusioned at the start of the season so I guess it sits easier with me than it does with a lot of people posting in this thread. Plus Lerner has spent in Januaries when things aren't going well. Though I think it would be hard to attract to Villa the type of player we will require to get out of this mess come January.

Heyho, regardless of where we finish come the end, I have had a great laugh hanging around in this thread reading the massive over-reactions to relegation when we lose and massive over-reactions to "Europe here we come!" when we won (singular LOL).

Norwich

Reading

Qpr

Wigan

West ham (h)

Southampton (h)

Fulham (h)

Three of those teams have beaten us already and i can see it happening again.

I just think there is a bad smell around the club and that is Randy Lerner. Until he goes we will never be anything other than strugglers, and our luck is going to run out eventually, maybe it will be this season.

Call for Graham Taylor, wearing that yellow jumper... I think that's what he said about the smell around Villa Park when he took over...

Did I read correctly that Agbonlahor hasn't scored in 26 premiership games? ....I don't understand why he is currently playing? I think it should be Benteke and Bent up front for sure.... If not, then 1 of those two up front alone with 5 in midfield...

I love gabby, I really do, but he is not doing it for the team right now.

Gabby is another who I think i probably wouldn't mind if he left to be honest, Villa through and through etc yes that's all fine but he has done NOTHING consistently for almost 2 years.

Blame the manager blame whoever you want but we could sure use his wages (no doubt one of the higher earners) to someone who actually has the quality to do things consistently.

One of the senior members of the squad he should be doing ALOT more than he is currently doing.. but hey let's blame Lambert for that aswell - it's never Gabby's fault.

Gabby is another who I think i probably wouldn't mind if he left to be honest, Villa through and through etc yes that's all fine but he has done NOTHING consistently for almost 2 years.

Blame the manager blame whoever you want but we could sure use his wages (no doubt one of the higher earners) to someone who actually has the quality to do things consistently.

One of the senior members of the squad he should be doing ALOT more than he is currently doing.. but hey let's blame Lambert for that aswell - it's never Gabby's fault.

Got to agree with that, have always liked Gabby and fully respect his love for the club but in the cold light of day he's not been consistently good enough for a number of seasons now. Had a great game against Man C in the league cup but it seems to be a bit of a reoccurring theme, has a great game, goes missing for the next however many. We may well be flirting with relegation this season but I will hold faith in Lambert, he was one of the two managers I wanted and I am happy he is here. He's making a few decisions which I find myself questioning, e.g how come Weiman not getting a look in and Gabby is, the refusal to try a bit more width but I think he is the best man for the job, we can't keep changing managers and out of the last three I do believe he is the best long term prospect, its going to be a hard next few months but I believe we'll get through it and come out better the other side.