Rino8

Liverpool need to accept that they are very much a mid table club

Players being taken from these sides such as us has been happening for years

I do not remember such a media storm when it happened to other clubs so why Liverpool?

They need to wake up and realise that they are not an elite club and do not have the lure of champions league football to keep players of the calibre of Suarez they need to sell him and bring someone in who actually wants to play for the club

Not long before Suarez strikes or hands in a transfer request i guess

They will not get into the top 4 next season ill give a tenner to VT if they do

The sooner they stop living in the past and accept where they are the sooner they can move on as a club

Something tells me you don't actually have their best interests at heart :P

That is their situation tbh..

How many points did they finish off the top 4 last year?

Top 4 has to be the aim for them though, as it must be for Spurs.

You would want us to aim for the Champions League and act as a Champons League club does if we were in their position.

That is their situation tbh..

How many points did they finish off the top 4 last year?

Top 4 has to be the aim for them though, as it must be for Spurs.

You would want us to aim for the Champions League and act as a Champons League club does if we were in their position.

Agreed, but for Spurs it's realistic with their team. For Liverpool I don't see it, their squad is very average.. Unless they bring in some quality.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Liverpool's squad is indeed very average, but they've yet to accept this, which is fair enough. They're still a massive club, and I'm sure they'll return to the upper echelons of the league one day. In the mean time, strengthening the weakest champions league team would be madness, and for this reason I really cannot see Suarez going to Arsenal, regardless of the money on offer.

Liverpool's squad is indeed very average, but they've yet to accept this, which is fair enough. They're still a massive club, and I'm sure they'll return to the upper echelons of the league one day. In the mean time, strengthening the weakest champions league team would be madness, and for this reason I really cannot see Suarez going to Arsenal, regardless of the money on offer.

Yes, everything they have said rules out selling to Arsenal and they would be mad to do it. I think they must be hoping a club from abroad comes in. The owner has said it's too late to sell now but if Suarez moans and sulks all season it could affect their team spirit.

Just made two bets with a Liverpool supporting mate.

I win lots of beer if:

Benteke scores more goals than Suarez this season

And/or:

Liverpool finishes 6th or worse

Not sure of any of them, really. Just fuel for the banter ;)

Luis Suarez is possibly the most controversial player in Premiership history. He makes Cantona look like a saint.

He's a better player than Barton, but surely that title goes to  Barton?!

Terry, Bowyer, Barton maybe even Tevez or Roy Keane be ahead of Suarez

Here's an idea why don't they try and get in the Europa League first?

They are not even in that

I know you should aim high but have realistic ambitions...

Baby steps and all that

Edited by AshVilla

Yes, everything they have said rules out selling to Arsenal and they would be mad to do it. I think they must be hoping a club from abroad comes in. The owner has said it's too late to sell now but if Suarez moans and sulks all season it could affect their team spirit.

But as usual they may have no choice... you don't leave a 40mil+ asset to rot in the reserves because it's bad business, and if they can't rebuild the relationship with the player then you may as well take the cash and spend it on players that want to be there. Suarez is in a stronger position I think.  

Slightly OT but after todays draw im not confident Arsenal will have the pull of the CL next season.  Great draw for plop.

I win lots of beer ... if Liverpool finishes 6th or worse.

I'd get those drinking trousers ironed and ready. I think they're nailed on for 6th.

And is the Benteke/Suarez bet dependent on the league Suarez is playing in? That's not a facetious question because surely the 'plop fan must accept that there's a high chance he won't be there by September.

Yeah, bet if off is he leaves now or january. Must remain a liverpool player, which my mate still thinks he will be. My thinking is that IF he stays at this point he surely can't be 100% behind the cause and thereby drop in performance.

6th was my guess and then he went out on his annual "this is our year, we'll get back into the champions league"-rant. So it became a bet :)

Edited by K-Carlsen

Much like the way the Benteke thing worked for us, it is a world cup year for Suarez too. If Liverpool somehow manage to keep hold of him, I think he'll have a good year for them because of his own World Cup motivation rather than out of any loyalty to Liverpool.

• Like 1

Hope not, but fair point.

That being said, don't you think Suarez is pretty much guaranteed a spot for Uruguay anyway? In comparision to Benteke who has the likes of Lukaku, Miralles, Bakkali, Mertens etc. breathing down his neck.

Â