VT Pop ups

VillaGoMarching

• 1 month later...

I got one the first time I launch VT each day ( home PC and work PC) ..in that it opens a new window with an advert

different link each day , today's "pop" up is

only happens the first time I launch VT once I close it down it will be gone until tomorrow

Malwarebytes and so on tell me my system is clean

I've had them fairly frequently for a few weeks, not when the page loads from my browser settings, (ie its part of my Firefox start up) But more typically if I search for villatalk as a url in my browser.

The "My offers" seems to ring a bell for me.

Juju, can you test this tomorrow? Try entering the URL (or picking it from your bookmarks) and then try searching for villatalk. Please let me know at what point (if at all) you get a popup. Thanks.

IE worked fine

soon as I opened up Firefox I got the advert opened in a new window

A bit of digging on the web finds I am not alone with this Firefox issue ..it's something called NSIS and to do with ns39.dll which I'll have a play with shortly and try and remove

Just saw this Limpid, sorry for the delay -

I haven't done what you've asked, but I did just notice, I was on Villatalk, and went to Newsnow from the clickable link, which replaces Villatalk with Newsnow (rather than opening another window/tab). When I hit back on my FF Browser to go back to Villatalk, a new window opend up advertising "Blinkbox" ?

Don't know if that makes it a Leaving Newsnow or Entering Villatalk issue?

I get these pop ups every time, I thought it was just part of the way the site is run in order to raise money. Only when I come on VT and click message board it usually appears, can't get it to appear at the moment though. Its 100% from VT as I dont get them anywehre else and it snap pop ups as soon as come on here. As soon as I get it to appear again I will print screen it.

Â