VT Pop ups

VillaGoMarching

Wasn't Firefox the first browser to implement pop up blocking? Do you all have it turned on?

I'm 99% sure that Opera had popup blocking by 2002 (when Phoenix (later to become Firebird and Firefox) forked from SeaMonkey). Galeon might have had it by then, also.

Thanks for the reports. I'm still waiting to here from the advertiser I suspect is causing this. Can any of you verify that your popup blocker is turned on? I suggest you use another browser until this is fixed.

I've had a big Tescos ad that completely covers the 'Home-Message Board-Reserves-Player Profiles-Write For Us' bit at the top and most of the menu bit underneath, (all I can see is 'Log Out villadude') so I have to close down VT altogether and reopen the page so I can access the menu and get to the message board.

I've noticed this the last 3/4 days.

I've had a big Tescos ad that completely covers the 'Home-Message Board-Reserves-Player Profiles-Write For Us' bit at the top and most of the menu bit underneath, (all I can see is 'Log Out villadude') so I have to close down VT altogether and reopen the page so I can access the menu and get to the message board.

I've noticed this the last 3/4 days.

This happened to me today as well.

I've also recently started getting a message "Internet Explorer has blocked this site from downloading files..." or something similar when I click into Off Topic.

Only when I'm at work and have to use Internet Explorer.

Chrome on my home laptop and phone is perfect.

Don't know if this helps, Limpid. But here's a screen shot of the message i get on Internet Explorer about blocking files from downloading at work sometimes.

This time it happened in the Tech forum

Again, this isn't causing me any problems, but thought you'd like to know.

screenshotjcj.png

Thanks for the report. I don't suppose there's anyway to get IE to tell you what it thinks it's trying to download? I shouldn't worry about it now though, this afternoon's changes will negate any investigations we do now.

Â