Paul Lambert fan forum

ulstervilla

I was there, and although all very PC, is was ok. General points

1. Wouldn't recognise Makoun if he was stood in front of him, and as reported said 'if you put Makoun into a sat nav it wouldnt find him

2. Kept re-iterating that all he knows is to try and win, and at no point will he not try and beat anybody.

3. Made many references to his desire to get the crowd on side

4. Made many references to villa being a very big club

5. Said there was good morale amongst the players

6. Said Brett Holman was incredibly quiet and that Chris Herd should leave barmen alone

7. Said that Delia had never cooked for him

8. He once inherited a player at Norwich that was so bad he genuinely googled him to see if he was actually a footballer!!!

9. Said Ciaran Clark is never a midfielder, emphasised several times, but he is a very good centre half. and would work really well with Vlaar.

10. Laughed rather uncomfortably when someone made reference to the fact that he had worked out Hutton and Warnock were not good enough!

11. Said he would be happy to go into the season with the squad he has - as he would do

12. He just wants hungry players who care and want to run for the club

13. Has banned all mobiles, tablets, etc from the training ground - they are there to play football and that is all that matters

14. Asked about Grant Holt he said he would not be allowed to buy fresh air from Norwich, and that they would probably price Holt at £100m if he asked about him. Also referenced his age of 31 not being a worthy investment, before back tracking a little on that.

15. If he could buy any player it would be Messi

16. Asked about Snodgrass he said that not every player that would have been right for Norwich is the right fit for Villa

17. Said he is very influenced by MON, as he is the best motivator he has ever worked under

18. Said there are a few options on captain but still a few days to decide

19. Was very appreciative of the support for Stan, as very close friends, and very pleased to hear 19minute applause will continue

20. He felt very uncomfortable when away fans chanted 'Paul Lambert's Claret and Blue army' at Norwich match, and felt very sorry for McLeish

21. he has changed the dugout, as right hand dugout is where linesman comes to, so he get in his ear - whilst also being nearer Holte end

22. He said he would retire if he won the Champions League for us

23. He hasn't got a plan for the future, he doesn't work to plans, he just aims to give his best everyday and win - he doesn't know what could happen tomorrow

This is all i can remember of the top of my head at the moment

All seems okay, not sure I am in total agreement with him on point number 9 though and I hope he was lying on point number 11 !!!!!!

I was there, and although all very PC, is was ok. General points

1. Wouldn't recognise Makoun if he was stood in front of him, and as reported said 'if you put Makoun into a sat nav it wouldnt find him

2. Kept re-iterating that all he knows is to try and win, and at no point will he not try and beat anybody.

3. Made many references to his desire to get the crowd on side

4. Made many references to villa being a very big club

5. Said there was good morale amongst the players

6. Said Brett Holman was incredibly quiet and that Chris Herd should leave barmen alone

7. Said that Delia had never cooked for him

8. He once inherited a player at Norwich that was so bad he genuinely googled him to see if he was actually a footballer!!!

9. Said Ciaran Clark is never a midfielder, emphasised several times, but he is a very good centre half. and would work really well with Vlaar.

10. Laughed rather uncomfortably when someone made reference to the fact that he had worked out Hutton and Warnock were not good enough!

11. Said he would be happy to go into the season with the squad he has - as he would do

12. He just wants hungry players who care and want to run for the club

13. Has banned all mobiles, tablets, etc from the training ground - they are there to play football and that is all that matters

14. Asked about Grant Holt he said he would not be allowed to buy fresh air from Norwich, and that they would probably price Holt at £100m if he asked about him. Also referenced his age of 31 not being a worthy investment, before back tracking a little on that.

15. If he could buy any player it would be Messi

16. Asked about Snodgrass he said that not every player that would have been right for Norwich is the right fit for Villa

17. Said he is very influenced by MON, as he is the best motivator he has ever worked under

18. Said there are a few options on captain but still a few days to decide

19. Was very appreciative of the support for Stan, as very close friends, and very pleased to hear 19minute applause will continue

20. He felt very uncomfortable when away fans chanted 'Paul Lambert's Claret and Blue army' at Norwich match, and felt very sorry for McLeish

21. he has changed the dugout, as right hand dugout is where linesman comes to, so he get in his ear - whilst also being nearer Holte end

22. He said he would retire if he won the Champions League for us

23. He hasn't got a plan for the future, he doesn't work to plans, he just aims to give his best everyday and win - he doesn't know what could happen tomorrow

This is all i can remember of the top of my head at the moment

All seems okay, not sure I am in total agreement with him on point number 9 though and I hope he was lying on point number 11 !!!!!!

Think he may just know a bit more than any of us on point 9.

I agree with him on #9, think Clark's best position is at centre half. Im not at all worried about Clark being 1st choice centre back along with Vlaar.

He will come of age this season. Still think he has everything to be a top top centre half.

Sounds like a genuinely nice honest bloke.

Yet no one in the media are constantly telling us that, like they did with "him".

Presumably it's because he's not part of the old boys network and he doesn't suck up to the journos.

I'm glad there's no plan or they're keeping it to themselves. After the five-year plan; Villa can finish 4th next season, sorry I meant to type 5th; and Faulkner expecting Europe under the previous manager - these plans can bite them in the arse.

I agree with him on #9, think Clark's best position is at centre half. Im not at all worried about Clark being 1st choice centre back along with Vlaar.

He will come of age this season. Still think he has everything to be a top top centre half.

I think Clark is a bit of a liability at centre half every time I have seen him there. Very slow, not very strong and poor positioning. I would prefer Vlaar to be paired with someone who wanst so inexperienced and dodgy defensivley being as its first season in english football.

Im concerened by our defence, we were **** woeful aginst Forest and Bremen at the back.

He hasn't got a plan for the future

:?

To right - plans are basically bullshit. If Sami Carruthers comes on as sub on saturday and scores 2 goals - wallop all the plans change.....

....If a bid of £12m for Nzog comes in - then plans change again...

Im quite heartned by this - Lambert needs to move things generally in the right direction - 80% of that is getting the best of the players at his disposal.

I think Clark is a bit of a liability at centre half every time I have seen him there. Very slow, not very strong and poor positioning. I would prefer Vlaar to be paired with someone who wanst so inexperienced and dodgy defensivley being as its first season in english football.

Im concerened by our defence, we were **** woeful aginst Forest and Bremen at the back.

Tend to agree with KHV on this one.

Also agree with KHV, too weak and too slow for centre back, and doesnt read the game well enough to cover these deficiencies.

The defending for the second goal at forest was abysmal - apologies if it wasn't Clark I haven't seen it since but I thought it was him at the time

Also agree with KHV, too weak and too slow for centre back, and doesnt read the game well enough to cover these deficiencies.

The defending for the second goal at forest was abysmal - apologies if it wasn't Clark I haven't seen it since but I thought it was him at the time

What I liked about Clark when I first seen him was how composed he was for a youngster. I must admit I don't yet feel he is ready for a full season at CB -tbh I can't wait for Dunne to be FIT.

What I liked about Clark when I first seen him was how composed he was for a youngster. I must admit I don't yet feel he is ready for a full season at CB -tbh I can't wait for Dunne to be FIT.

But Dunne is poor though. Way past it.

But Dunne is poor though. Way past it.

still streets ahead of clark and baker when fit though

Â