How long food poisoning?

Dodgyknees

Most cases of food poisoning do not require medical attention. But contact your GP or telephone NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 if you have any of the following:

vomiting that lasts for more than two days

you cannot keep liquids down for more than a day

diarrhoea that lasts for more than three days

blood in your vomit

blood in your stools

seizures (fits)

changes in mental state, such as confusion

double vision

slurred speech

signs that you may be severely dehydrated, such as a dry mouth, sunken eyes, and being unable to pass urine

Had it once. Campylobacter enteritis I believe. Three weeks of non-stop durchfall. Lost two stone though, which was nice.

Every clouad and all...

:D

Best diet ever. Dilshad international, Selly Oak - highly recommended ;-)

(not actually sure if that curry house still exists though, it was a while ago)

Depends on how bad you got it really. The nastier side will **** you over for a good while. About 15 year ago, I was struck with a particularly nasty dose and it left me bedridden and debilitated for a good 3/4weeks. Drink lots of fluids (water) and get lots of rest. Natural yogurt also helps.

:shock:

Yep, stil lexists, and has always been my pick of curry houses in Selly Oak...

My particular dose came from Caspian Pizza in Stirchley. Violent cramps and vomiting, and dizziness and nausea for three days after.

My particular dose came from Caspian Pizza in Stirchley. Violent cramps and vomiting, and dizziness and nausea for three days after.

I've always rated the Dilshad, too. Never had anything other than good food from there.

The Caspian, though? What were you thinking? I've driven past it often enough and it invariably evokes the thought "Would I **** as like..."

I've always rated the Dilshad, too. Never had anything other than good food from there.

The Caspian, though? What were you thinking? I've driven past it often enough and it invariably evokes the thought "Would I **** as like..."

To be fair, I still went regularly even after that. It was traced back to a dodgy egg so I just steered clear of that particular dish from then on.

Aye I've had some lovely tucker at the Dilshad. Always Akash on the Pershore Road for me if I'm at home. Lovely small place that doesn't get enough custom.

Dunno what I was thinking about Caspian. Never again, mind. Bad chunder that was.

Aye I've had some lovely tucker at the Dilshad. Always Akash on the Pershore Road for me if I'm at home. Lovely small place that doesn't get enough custom.

Dunno what I was thinking about Caspian. Never again, mind. Bad chunder that was.

Ah, the good old Akash. Bit of an odd one, that. I've never eaten a poor mouthful from there on the many occasions I've dined in but their take aways have been very inconsistent. It's a bit of a problem for me if curry houses give me anything less than excellent if I know they can do it. It only takes a couple of mediocre ones for me to **** them off.

Talking of places no getting due custom, did you ever eat at the Plaza Tandoori near the Akash? It was brilliant but never had anyone in there. Me, Witton_Lane and a couple of others would include that as part of our post-match ritual. Pub then Plaza until the fateful evening when we pitched up and it was closed for good. Damn shame.

Â