How long food poisoning?

Dodgyknees

Ah, the good old Akash. Bit of an odd one, that. I've never eaten a poor mouthful from there on the many occasions I've dined in but their take aways have been very inconsistent. It's a bit of a problem for me if curry houses give me anything less than excellent if I know they can do it. It only takes a couple of mediocre ones for me to **** them off.

Talking of places no getting due custom, did you ever eat at the Plaza Tandoori near the Akash? It was brilliant but never had anyone in there. Me, Witton_Lane and a couple of others would include that as part of our post-match ritual. Pub then Plaza until the fateful evening when we pitched up and it was closed for good. Damn shame.

Yeah I've found the same with Akash - the takeaways aren't great, and seem to be smaller portions, for the same price. I use the Dilkush for takeaways now. But eating in, the Akash is a delight. Lovely friendly staff as well. Never seems to be anyone in there, while mediocre curry places like Akram's are always packed. Never understood it.

Never knew the plaza... only moved round there about 2-3 years ago. Another curry house has popped up and disappeared in that time - a double frontage jobby towards the British Oak from the Akash. I don't understand why you'd try and start a big Indian there when there are already a good 10 within half a mile walk.

Having had Gastroenteritis I feel for you matey, really I do. Nasty stuff.

I've had it twice. First time was from food (I believe) and the second from working with some underground piping, dodgy water (I believe). Both lasted 48 hours.

Hope you're better now.

Â