General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Gen.

Just a request regarding the intertoto.

If the prices haven't been set , could they be realistic. Could it be considered that it is the first week of the school holiday and a lot of families will be away, and not be able to attend even if they wanted. It's also on the telly - so that will have a big bearing.

I'd love it to be included in the season ticket - but, if thats isn't going to be the case, surely £10 adults and a nominal fee for kids - getting a probable 30k or more, would be better than a very empty stadium.

As i say, it may have already been set, and for all I know - you may be letting everyone in free and for the first 10,000 - they will get a new shirt free (worth a try !!) but can it be considered .

Also -

Re agents / transfers (not just Barry - anyone !!). It has become apparent with this Ronaldo thing that a club only breaks a rule if they approach the player. Well as we all know, and you have pointed out, transfers haven't been handled by players for donkeys years, so clubs can approach agents all they like and not break any rules. Lampards agent has actually said tonight he is meeting with Milan - and Chelsea haven't even said he is for sale - surely this is wrong and needs the loop-hole closing ! - what are your thoughts ?

Cheers

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. paulanddonya: Prices have not been set as yet...and we aim to keep them "rationale". You are correct re. Agents...and it is something that the Association is going to have to face....because they aren't going away. One look at American football and you will know what I mean.

2. Villaboy: Will get it fixed.

Hi General

A few months back the club were going to auction off all the old signage from before Villa Park's makeover. The auction was postponed for some reason. Is it still postponed? or is it now cancelled?

General Krulak here:

1. Auction still on hold as we determine if there will be a use for the "old" sinage.

2. Mrs "K" will be ready for the Intertoto! She has been working out with the first team and is looking good...she could use a little more height but at the age of 63, I am afraid her growing spurt is over. I have purchased some platform boots for her to try and compensate. :clap:

2. Mrs "K" will be ready for the Intertoto! She has been working out with the first team and is looking good...she could use a little more height but at the age of 63, I am afraid her growing spurt is over. I have purchased some platform boots for her to try and compensate. :clap:

I wouldn't worry about it, it never did Alan Wright any harm.

_1495496_wright_poyet300.jpg

Cheers for the signage answer.

General

when is work going to start on the Witton bridge,for away fans and some of our own fans this is the first thing they see.Also is there any plans for a training day to take place a Villa park pre season :winkold:

Keep up the great work :winkold:

As for the MacIntosh problem...you are absolutely correct....not compatible at present. We are working hard and fast to sort this out.

Hi again General. Thanks for the feedback... For the last two years, though, I was sold AVTV on the promise that it would be Mac compatible "soon". I understand that it's currently being worked on for the future and look forward to that, but still feel a bit "ripped off" that twice I was told over the phone that it'd be OK for me to use and twice I paid for a service which didn't work...

General I think it's unfair that you are getting so much flak on the Mac issue. While many say we are not compatible with Mac I think it may be the other way around Apple haven't bothered making their Operating System compatable with Aston Villa and as such you should call for a boycott.

General,

Just renewed my two season tickets (one adult, one student). Its probably been mentioned before, but the student pricing system seems a bit ridiculous. £415 for a student, £450 for an adult, is their really any point of having a student price!?!?

Im not going to moan too much though, i think the prices are very fair compared to other clubs, £865 for two season tickets for a premiership club is very good value.

Now reward me by signing David Bentley!! :winkold:

all the best

2 things general:

1) Was also going to post regarding the student prices.

This year I am renewing but as I am now 21 I am switching to a student ticket. This means that my seat in the Holte Lower is now going to cost £390 which is only £15 cheaper than my fathers ticket.

Now I think it's great that you offer any discounts to students/arm forces in the first place so am not moaning, just making an observation that reductions are inconsistent between the different stands.

Most stores in the UK that offer a student discount offer a 10% reduction and the current discount for the trinity/witton upper is £60 which is over 10% of the original £510 price.

What I don't understand is why a season ticket in the Holte Lower only offers a £15 reduction when it should be at least £40 if you who to use the same percentage that the trinity road/doug ellis stands receive across the board.

As I said don't want to moan as it's great that you offer a discount in the first place but wondered if you could shed some light on the pricing structure.

2) You may have been asked this before, but what is your favourite and least favourite song sung by our fans? Do you actually understand what we're singing?

Also, what is your favourite away ground that you have visited so far?

Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. Witton Bridge?? Not sure I know what you mean...at least by that name

sorry General i thought the bridges at Witton and Aston stations were going to get a paint job - is this still the case?

General, I would echo the point on the PA system. I went to a few away games last year and by far, we have the worst PA of the grounds I went to (Portsmouth, Reading, Derby).

I know it is not an exhaustive list but it is very difficult to hear anything through our PA system.

General,

A question regarding the easy payment scheme-

I'm looking to renew via the easy payment scheme but my new card issued by my new bank is a Visa Electron card, thus making it invalid card to use with the scheme. However, due to other commitments this scheme is the only viable way for me to renew for the coming season. Is there some contingency plan in place for such events, as I'm sure there are other supporters whose card (s) have changed to using this growing Visa card, especially if the card change occurs during the season. And is there some way the club can help in this, as I'd hate to miss out on renewing. If not, I'll understand.

Stewart

General I think it's unfair that you are getting so much flak on the Mac issue. While many say we are not compatible with Mac I think it may be the other way around Apple haven't bothered making their Operating System compatable with Aston Villa and as such you should call for a boycott.

Can anyone confirm if AVTV is compatible with Linux? Generally something thats not Mac compatible is that way because it is only developed to work with Internet Explorer or uses some dodgy Microsoft DRM. This also means no other OS can use it.

I was about to sign up to AVTV and I wouldn't have been too happy if it was Windows only.