General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Good day General,

I have a question about the new kit, last year the Nike deal , of course was not finalized until late therefore leading to late release of the home shirts and then later the away…but we know all this my question is now that we and Nike have had plenty of time to sort ourselves out when will the new kit be available and will it be the three strips released at the same time?

Cheers,

And take a break lord knows you deserve it, and don’t worry we get wireless internet on the beach here in Cayman so you can still keep in touch we us online, but from a deckchair in the sand.

Congratulations on the one millionth hit on your thread by the way

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

I have a quick question about Gareth Barry. Obviously i'm not going to ask about whether he is staying or going, but all I wanted to know was is it going to be a case of when MON, Randy, yourself, etc. know he is staying (if that is the case), will the fans be made aware asap, or will you wait until a new contract has been signed so it is all official? There are a huge number of Villa fans who are desperate to know, so I was just wondering how far through the negotiation process they will be made aware.

Enjoy your summer of work :D

the one thing i cannot stand about america is that you can never get proper chips!

and no general im not talking about crisps! lol

Seconded!! I miss my english Chips!!!

Time for a military revolt General!!

Hi General..

Now that Cunnah has resigned, i would like to let you know that luckily, i am available for the Job!

The only reward i ask, is a yacht in the Bahamas, and a severance clause that will see me comfortable, once youve sacked me!

For that, i will endeavour to point out likely transfer targets for MoN, and guide the club into the promised land ( champions league - not Israel ).

Whad ya say!!

good afternoon General

I was talking to a chap i know who has dealings with a lot of football clubs-he tells me that Aston Villa are one of the most professional outfits he deals with.He wont tell me what they are but says Mr Lerners plans for the area both outside and inside the ground are amazing.The praise you get off this site is predominately from Villa fans so i thought as business men yourselves to hear other people speak in such high regards of your regime would be good feedback.

P.S have you seen the film The four horseman?

General,

With Villa already having a succesfull youth set up, have you/would you ever consider a coach/management development system??

I have written an article on my thoughts. I just think it may be something worth looking into?

Great idea for above, I want like to learn to be a scout for players but I have no idea how to become one. :) I wouldn't mind working in Spain watching La Liga / Champions League for Aston Villa. Perhaps we should expand this idea with scouting and physiotherapist and referee training as well.

From the behaviours from rivals, our club have the best board.

General Krulak here:

1. Season tickets: First and foremost, the 27,000 number is not a number that has been decided at all. Simply put, it is inaccurate. The number will be decided by Randy later. ...

General, the DVD the club sent out says there are 26,000 available.

You and the DVD can't both be right!

General Krulak here:

1. Season tickets: First and foremost, the 27,000 number is not a number that has been decided at all. Simply put, it is inaccurate. The number will be decided by Randy later. ...

General, the DVD the club sent out says there are 26,000 available.

You and the DVD can't both be right!

General, the Official site also says we're capped at 26,000. (click here)

General, I read earlier that you're looking to expand the range of ladies wear. That's great news as I'm looking to dress the missus up in some quality clothing.

When do you think we can expect to find the new ladies clothing in the online shop? Would before the start of the season be too much to ask? (Her birtday's coming up in late August, and that way I'd have the present sorted :winkold: )

General Krulak here:

1. Back in US after good stay in UK. Lot's accomplished. Randy over next week to keep ball rolling.

2. Michael Cunnah: The announcement pretty much says it all. He came, not with a specific title, to help us in a variety of issues...primarily surrounding the stadium and commercial activites. He did a fine job and has now moved on to other challenges.

3. Timing of the kit. We hope to get it out earlier this year but....realize that the decision re. sponsor was made a bit later than we hoped. On the 3rd of June, all of this will become clear. I will also come on the site and give a little "deep background" as to what transpired. Bottom Line: we will get kit out as soon as possible.

4. Believe me, as soon as we know about Barry, the fans will know.

5. coolohandluke: Thank you for passing on the kind words. We have an owner and a Board that have spent a good part of their lives in the business world...and accomplishing quite a bit. Hopefully that does, indeed, translate into a professionalism that will be recognized and make a difference for the Club.

6. Coach/mgt development: I am sure that the day will come when we move in that direction but...we still have a very long way to go with our Club.

7. I have never heard Bouma make such a statement. At the same time, we probably aren't considered a "big" Club at this time...if you call the top 4 the "big" Clubs. The key is not what people think we are but what they think we will become. Certainly Randy and the Board are NOT satisfied with being "one of the others." First and foremost, we need to move forward to the point that other Clubs look at us differently. To do that, they need to ALWAYS be concerned when they play us. We WILL get there!!

8. Blandy: You are correct, the video and I cannot both be right. I am right!! Time will prove it so.

hi general,

i am planning to take my girlfriend over to villa for the first time on the 28 june for her birthday and would like to take her on the stadium tour. we are travelling over from ireland so dont want to turn up with the expectancy of a tour being on that day only to have a wasted trip. i was wondering if the club has these tours on reguarly and if so is there a timetable. any help is greatly received.

cheers

General,

Does the club prefer the use of certain hotels for possible signings and if so, which ones? I thought we could stake them out over the next three months...

:winkold:

Please feel free to contribute to the 'In the Know' thread anytime you like...

General,

Does the club prefer the use of certain hotels for possible signings and if so, which ones? I thought we could stake them out over the next three months...

:winkold:

Please feel free to contribute to the 'In the Know' thread anytime you like...

To help the General I will answer this slightly loaded question :winkold:

My understanding is that the club will return to Newhall for their pre-match preparations next season, thus meaning that Arsenal and Newcastle to name but two will need to find alternative accommodation when playing at Villa Park.

I assume that Newhall will therefore be the club's 'preferred' hotel.

General,

Looking at the online clubshop, it appears that the baby range has next to nothing in it, do you know when it will show new items as I have a newborn son I'd like to kit out in all sorts of Villa gear before his grandparents buy him lots of Newcastle United stuff, looking at other clubs online baby ranges, ours seems very poor by comparison...

P.S...Keep up the superb work...UTV

hi general,

i am planning to take my girlfriend over to villa for the first time on the 28 june for her birthday and would like to take her on the stadium tour. we are travelling over from ireland so dont want to turn up with the expectancy of a tour being on that day only to have a wasted trip. i was wondering if the club has these tours on reguarly and if so is there a timetable. any help is greatly received.

cheers

HI General, On this subject, I'm also from Ireland and have travelled over many times to watch Villa play and have been lucky enough to get in on a tour once(As a result of me having to stay 2 days longer) This is def a market that can be tapped into. Ryanair and AirLingus both have early morning flights on satuardays at 6:30am arriving @ 7:30 or so and 10:30 ariving 11:30. Whichever flight I take it always got loads of fans coming over for the game and when kickoff isn't till 3 o'clock these people tend to go to City Center or Pub to spend their cash

Wouldn't it be fantastic if tours could be organised to suit these day/one night travellers??

I understand tours of the stadium on matchday's and 24 hrs afterwards are a no/no at the moment but surely something can be done? If not Villa Park how about Bodymoor Heath?? If this was done perhaps once a month when Villa were at home to a team that won't pull the crowds this could be the incentive to intice the Irish Villian over.Thoughs???

I just want to say that I hope that the club does go ahead with having Acorns as the official club sponsor. This would be an incredible gesture by Randy and the board and would make me even more proud to be a Villa fan.

I also think that a lot of "neutral" football followers, together with fans of lower league teams who like to also follow Premier League teams, will buy the Villa top because they will believe that the hospice will benefit from this! Great for the Acorns kids and great for the Villa's reputation of being a family club!

Keep up the good work Villa!

I just want to also include my sentiments in agreement with Villa rocker on this subject.

EXCELLENT HEART FELT IDEA to all those deserved children.

Thanks to ALL connected with the mighty VILLA.