General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

How come the jacket potato stall disappeared in the Holte End ?? - seemed to me after a slow start, people were using it last game.

Birmingham City Council have said it has to go as it doesn't meet Health and Safety laws, I believe.

So they are looking at part funding a stadium for small heath apparently, but won't even allow us to sell hot potatoes.

I think they said it had to be FIXED catering points. Can't see this being Health and Safety but hygiene i guess but our local council are nuts! OK, can we leave discussion about the council for elsewhere, now, please. Ta. Blandy

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, read a thread about Mellberg earlier, obviously it's a bit cheeky, but could the club provide some stuff for his final home game vs Wigan. Just some cheapy Viking hats and fake beards, or Sweden flags or whatever, even if just for the Holte End if it's considered money wasted?

Would be a brilliant send off for a player most people really will want to give a big send off, we didn't do anything for Angel, would be a bit criminal to let another long standing team member go the same way.

Plus we have to make the viking hard man cry on his last day :D

General, read a thread about Mellberg earlier, obviously it's a bit cheeky, but could the club provide some stuff for his final home game vs Wigan. Just some cheapy Viking hats and fake beards, or Sweden flags or whatever, even if just for the Holte End if it's considered money wasted?

Would be a brilliant send off for a player most people really will want to give a big send off, we didn't do anything for Angel, would be a bit criminal to let another long standing team member go the same way.

Plus we have to make the viking hard man cry on his last day :D

I second this, it would be a great idea, if it's not too much hassle for the club.

In the past some of our greats, like Angel, have gone without a 'last game', they've left before we've had chance for a proper good-bye or anything so it would be great to get to say a proper good-bye to one of our greats over the last decade!

Hi General

I'd appreciate it if you could spare a few moments to look at this short article:Arsenal Bike Parking

I think I read somewhere that we have an area to leave bikes, but is it secure? I'd be tempted to use my bike BUT not in an unsecure area, the frame may be safe via a good lock, but the thief will still take parts off the bike(forks, mechs etc.) or simply vandalise it.

Have we a secure area for bikes? If not are there any plans for one?It would certainly help the congestion on matchday if you could get as many people as possible using a bike.

Thanks General.

without wanting to steal the Generals thunder, there are bike parking places at the end of the TRS as you walk towards the Villa Village (big hooks on the wall that you would chain your bike to)

General

i dont recall ever getting a response to this one (Maybe i did and im half asleep or something) but are the club going to have HEALTHY eating options/some vegetarian options too as the girls i take to games they want to watch their figure... i tell them im doing a good job of that :-P but yeah if you could look into having some healthier options, perhaps a subway like thing that'd be awesome!

Hope you're well

Hi General

I'd appreciate it if you could spare a few moments to look at this short article:Arsenal Bike Parking

I think I read somewhere that we have an area to leave bikes, but is it secure? I'd be tempted to use my bike BUT not in an unsecure area, the frame may be safe via a good lock, but the thief will still take parts off the bike(forks, mechs etc.) or simply vandalise it.

Have we a secure area for bikes? If not are there any plans for one?It would certainly help the congestion on matchday if you could get as many people as possible using a bike.

Thanks General.

without wanting to steal the Generals thunder, there are bike parking places at the end of the TRS as you walk towards the Villa Village (big hooks on the wall that you would chain your bike to)

Fair enough for the above, General. But we're asking about something more secure. God knows what would happen to a bunch of bikes chained up against a wall most of the fans stroll past. These hooks don't really get used probably for this reason, security.

General,

Can you advise as to whether the Holte pub and Holte suite will be open before the Birmingham game? Will alcohol be sold in the ground before the game?

I ask as I have been told that my usual watering hole cannot open until after the game on police advice. Have the police 'advised' AVFC the same or given any reasons for their change in policy? (Previously they allowed local pubs/clubs to open early)

Is there a reason why Martin plays with fire regarding player contracts? There is now rumour of Bouma being chased by other clubs because we have failed to even attempt to enter discussions with him over a new contractwith his current deal expiring in a matter of months. Will it take us actually losing a player before he stops being so lackadaisical with contract talks ?

Hi General

Thanks General.

Fair enough for the above, General. But we're asking about something more secure. God knows what would happen to a bunch of bikes chained up against a wall most of the fans stroll past. These hooks don't really get used probably for this reason, security.

Thanks for the heads up, but I agree with maccadooby, it would need to be more secure, i.e in a compound,and/or guarded with either personel or cctv.Are there any plans for security measures like this General?

I second this, it would be a great idea, if it's not too much hassle for the club.

In the past some of our greats, like Angel, have gone without a 'last game', they've left before we've had chance for a proper good-bye or anything so it would be great to get to say a proper good-bye to one of our greats over the last decade!

Can I please third this idea, Mellberg has been a great servant to club over the years and a proper noticable send off is only fitting.

Thanks General, cheers for everything.

Danvandal

General

i dont recall ever getting a response to this one (Maybe i did and im half asleep or something) but are the club going to have HEALTHY eating options/some vegetarian options too as the girls i take to games they want to watch their figure... i tell them im doing a good job of that :-P but yeah if you could look into having some healthier options, perhaps a subway like thing that'd be awesome!

Hope you're well

General,

Could I second this response? As a vegetarian there is only a limited option of food available inside the stadium, which seems to be chips, with or without a roll. Of course there are places outside the stadium to get food from as well, but they are hardly what you would call healthy options. :)

Are there any plans to expand the menus? Obviously i'm not talking restaurant expanding....you get the drift.

Also, as i'm here, why on some match days does the clock run from 00:00 upwards, whilst others it runs from 45:00 down?

If fans want to give Mellberg a tribute then so be it, it should not fall on to the club to provide the supporters with anything imo. I'm sure the club will honour him if they see fit.

There is no harm in asking, being as our return in numbers is the life blood of this club. Was only a thought.

General:

Re: Club Online Shop

I was wondering if the Online Club Shop is going to get an overhaul? The reason I ask is that the stock seems to change from one day to the next. It also never states if an item is simply out of stock of has been discontinued, or if it will be coming back into stock.

I personally check it quite often and the stock changes around a lot. You may well disagree but i don't think this is a good business approach as the customers, including myself do not get any idea of the range of items stocked. If you compare it to a very successful online operation like Amazon, they always state if an item is out of stock and when it will be back in stock etc. Plus they display items that are coming soon.

For example I was looking to get a Club Tie and some training wear, but the club tie appears to no longer be stocked, does this mean it has been discontinued or just out of stock? Also there are very few items available in the Nike training range.

I realise you are probably unable to get into the detail here, but I did want to draw your attention to a missed opportunity here. The online shop is where the club can reach out to fans around the country and the world and I don't feel it is really being exploited to its full potential.

Thanks for your time, and best wishes for the season run-in.

-Jim

General,

I'm not sure if this has been covered before or if you have the figures but i was chatting to a mate the other day about how big our support could be and i wondered how many different people have bought tickets this season? I know we have a set amont of season ticket holders and have sold a huge number of individual tickets this season but wondered if you actually have the figures of what number of different people bought tickets with different client codes etc? Clearly we had more than 40,000 different fans this season unless the same people go week in week out.

I was thinking anyway it gives a good indication of our possible fan base and wondered also whether there are any figures for estimated worldwide support based on research in the marketing department etc?

Up the Villa

General Krulak here:

1. I will look into Bike Locks but the answer will probably end up on "priorities"...with all the issues we have around the stadium, would a special location, totally secure, be something listed as a high priority. We will get there...just not sure it will be this year.

2. I understand your comments about player's pay. I think MON would simply say that many of the most expensive players are playing on "reputation" of years played...not on what they are doing today or will do tomorrow. When Ronaldo cannot break the top 10, you know there is something wrong.

3. I have not seen or heard what Tony Butler wrote or said. What I do know is that Randy is not draining the Club of money...he is spending money on the Club!! Simple as that. I have absolutely NO idea where he got his info re. this coming summer but he is wrong. I think that it is important to recognize that when there is little to talk about, the media will sometimes generate something to talk about. It is called a "slow news day". The hope is that someone will "bite on the hook" and immediately run someone out to refute the comment. I am not doing that....I am repeating what I have said ALL ALONG....Randy WILL SUPPORT MON.

4. I am sure we will recognize Mellberg but the Club's recognition will pale to insignificance when compared to what the fans can do.

5. We are absolutely looking at the issue of providing healthy foods.

7. As of today, we expect the Holte to be open.

8. BOF: I beg you, please do not listen to rumours. I just don't understand how anyone can place any credence in rumors when the Club is clear on most of these issues.

9. We recognize that the on-line shop has its limitations. We will be working on it...we are working on it.

10. Yes, as part of our marketing and sales effort, we look at the number of people who have come to Villa Park...and from where. Demographics play a HUGE role in marketing.

OK thanks General, I take it the issue is in hand then. I'll try not to let my emotions get the better of me when posting in future :):thumb:

General Krulak here:

1. I will look into Bike Locks but the answer will probably end up on "priorities"...with all the issues we have around the stadium, would a special location, totally secure, be something listed as a high priority. We will get there...just not sure it will be this year.

5. We are absolutely looking at the issue of providing healthy foods.

Thanks General, I think we all realise there is a lot for you and the staff at Villa Park to get through, but good to know these issues are on "priorities"

Thank you for looking into the food thing, I dont have much choice in food and its sooo dull having just chips.

On a professional level General the AVFC website is REALLY poor in terms of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), you might want to have a word with the web team and have that looked at as im pretty sure I could make my own fan page and get that ranked higher in Google than your main site

Also how are we doing compared to the 5 year plan you guys have? I would say we have done way better than I personally anticipated, I was hoping for a mid table finish this season

On the Player of the year vote the goal of the year doesnt have Mellbergs wonder goal again Boro - http://www.avfc.eglobalpanel.com/ Booo

Hi General,

Given the past record of trouble between Villa and Blues both inside and outside the stadium in recent meetings I was wondering what the security arrangements will be for the upcoming match at Villa Park. Will the Blues fans be kept in after the game as the Villa fans were at St. Andrews in November? Or will they be let straight out onto Witton Lane to potentially cause trouble?

I ask this so as to be aware of the situation as I am sitting in the Witton Lane Stand for the match and am not one to leave before the final whistle. I have memories as a 14 year old sitting there with my Dad as loads of Leeds fans started piling over the fence and running towards us unhindered by stewards.

Thanks and keep up the good work.