General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

There's an article floating around with comments from Randy which he may or may not have made, with regards to the FA's decision to want to play a 39th round around the world. From the article mentioned, is the idea that Randy is not supportive of the initiative, one which I have to agree with.

However, what i believe has to acknowleged is that there are millions of supporters of all clubs including Aston Villa around the world. These supporters will most probably never get the opportunity to see Villa park, let alone watch the team play live in the premier league. I have been a supporter since 1975, I live in Australia with thousands of other Villa supporters and nothing would be greater than seeing the Villa play live in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne.

Most people don't know that in Bundaberg in Queensland, north of Brisbane, there is a local club called Aston Villa. What other country has this sought of devotion to a club outside of Birmingham?

My point is, is that Randy is right, the supporters make the Premier League, but those supporters aren't just in Birmingham, their around the world. And any initiative that may bring the club I love to Australia, I support wholeheartedly. Maybe the FA can change it to a pre-season PR campaign?

I hope you can pass on to the board, how us Aussie Villa Fans feel.

Most people don't know that in Bundaberg in Queensland, north of Brisbane, there is a local club called Aston Villa. What other country has this sought of devotion to a club outside of Birmingham?

My junior club - how I became a Villa supporter!!!

I agree with all of QldVilla's comments here general. I know you have said before that a visit to Down Under is not in the plans in the foreseeable future, however if the FA 'encourages' this to happen then there sure would be a lot of supporters here who would be absolutely ecstatic.

Hi General,

I hope all is well, I have just received a phonecall from MWARLEY2 who has asked me to post this message on his behalf. He wants you to know that by the M42 Island in Shirley there is a billboard advert still promoting the Villa v Blackburn game that took place a few weeks ago.

General,

I just want to echo the many comments on the main board about Randy coming out against the proposed plan. In ne sentence, he struck at the very heart of why this proposal is wrong, and in a way that I could never do. Eloquently, brilliantly, intelligently, and so simply put.

Pass on my sincere gratitude, and that he continues to impress us all.

Stew

General, below are my comments made elsewhere on the Daily mail 'exclusive' which many above are refering to. Can you confirm if, as I suspect, this article is trying to use Randy as a sort of figurehead to front their campaign without his knowledge? If I'm correct can you then ban this rag and it's shitty journalists from Villa Park?

I wrote: This story looks to me like rehashed rubbish from the Mail, which is one up from footballrumours for BS. They are promoting a campaign against the overseas plan and it would fit their remit for a top chairman to agree with them.

We all know where Randy stands on the issue, the General has made that clear. He has also made it clear that he is not a media whore , unlike others (Mr Gold), so why would Randy be the first to openly oppose the plans? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Media spin at it's worst, poor journalism at best, they even say Randy is Chairman of MBNA :roll:

GeneraL, I apologise for continuing the 39th game debate. Further to what is being said will Randy come out and clarify his exact position. You yourself have said the following on another forum

General Krulak here:

. I have re-checked this 3 times...NO "agreement in principle" was reached at all!!

However today Scudamore is inferring Mr.Lerners support and infact the interview on Sky Sport confirms this.

"I can deal with the Randy Lerner stuff easily. He was quoted in relation to a direct question of 'Would the Premier League take a game abroad like the NFL did coming to Wembley?'

"Randy Lerner is quite clearly distancing himself from that report. Randy's position on this is very different because it's a proposal that involves all 20 clubs. It's systematic and done for very different reasons.

"It's a strategic play that involves all 20 clubs that creates and makes sure our solidarity mechanisms and that the league stays together when doing this, rather than cherry-picking the odd game or a club or doing something differently.

"So Mr Lerner is entirely comfortable with this proposal."

Has Scudamore spoken to Mr.Lerner? Is he corredct in his statement?

You know how emotive this whole saga is but someone was at the meeting representing the club. If Mr.Lerner is against this propsal/suggestion please ask him to cleraly voice it.

Is is also quoted as saying

Initial reaction from fans over the 39th game proposal have largely been negative, but Scudamore is looking to engage them in the process in order to find the best solution of who plays who.

"We've seen the comments that Gordon Brown has made and he's absolutely right. The fans must be consulted.

"That in itself is a challenge in how you actually consult with fans. There are supporter groups, there's a national supporters federation. Then there are supporter groups at clubs plus many more.

"We're working on what is quite a complicated consultation process right now and that's important.

"We wouldn't be doing this unless we thought what was going to be put on was going to be a very, very exciting Premier League proposition.

Well the Villa fans have spoken so Mr.Lerner can publicly give our response surely?

General Krulak here:

1. As you all know, the quotes in the media were taken from comments made by Randy in October. BUT, his feelings towards English Football...its history, its traditions, its ethos, the value of the fans...do NOT evaporate over a 4 month period. I remind everyone how this all started...a request to "explore". 20 Teams said "yes, go ahead and explore"...that does NOT mean agreement for the idea. Randy's comments 4 months ago are as germane today as they were then. At NO time did AVFC "agree in principle" to this scheme...at NO time. As I have said before, trust Randy.

General Krulak here:

1. As you all know, the quotes in the media were taken from comments made by Randy in October. BUT, his feelings towards English Football...its history, its traditions, its ethos, the value of the fans...do NOT evaporate over a 4 month period. I remind everyone how this all started...a request to "explore". 20 Teams said "yes, go ahead and explore"...that does NOT mean agreement for the idea. Randy's comments 4 months ago are as germane today as they were then. At NO time did AVFC "agree in principle" to this scheme...at NO time. As I have said before, trust Randy.

General,

I saw the SKY interview with Scudamore and can see he is rattled.

I trust Randy will do the right thing.

General Krulak here:

General.

Would Mr Lerner be prepared to veto this absurd idea? If he did my opinion of him would reach the stratosphere. not answering for the Gen. but it's not possible to "veto" the idea. It requires 7 clubs to prevent it from happening, under PL rules (2/3 majority req'd for it to go through=14 clubs). Nevertheless, "vote against, if it came to it" seems a fair, if currently hypothetical, question. Blandy

Edited to say that Scudamore should lose his job over this fiasco.

without wishing to turn this into a deabte

the 'Trust Randy' comments is vital

I do, despite my intial misgivings about this on Friday

General thank you confirming Randy#s comments and we know where he stands

I udnerstand why you can not say an outright NO, so you have been taking lessons from Washington and maybe MON ???

Like the Aussie Fan earlier mentioned it would be impossible for some people to see their team live, remember some nations have a bad exchange rate and circumstances, but we shouldnt go to places around the world on a league basis, I am PRO Villa going abroad Pre, or Post Season but in a friendly cup/league basis, say a Nike Cup with all Nike kit sponsored names playing across Oceania/Far East or the top 16 in the premiership playing in a cup tournament because 3 would be relegated and one undeserving to play... knock out games around one continent...

Ive been lucky enough to fly out from Philly when I live there to see games; it's very expensive but I can just about make ends meet... I know Birmingham based fans dont want the league games played abroad, but im sure they would support friendly tournaments... call it the Premiership plate a pre season tournament in a different continent each year

Hello general, just wondering if there was any news of the date when tickets for the home game against Birmingham are being released? Me and my friends want to make this years our first local derby, hope you can give some word even if it is soon or a general time so that we can quickly get tickets before the game sells out like im sure it will. Thanks for the good works

------

VR07

------