General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General.

At half time today there was an announcment regarding the fans in the Upper Holte standing.

I couldnt quite catch it all but it was a regarding the council moaning that for health and safety all fans should be seated. Which I can understand.

What I don't understand is why this was directed at our fans only?

The Newcastle fans ALL stood for the whole game, surely this is as much of a safety issuse as the upper holte?

I'd also like to add that one Newcastle fan that stood through the whole game was Mike Ashley.

So if their owner is prepared to stand and break safety regulations why should the supporters be any different.

I thought this was terrible behaviour from someone in such authority at the club.

Not only has he taken 1/2/3 tickets away from a genuine supporter but he then breaks the rules for the entire game.

Im glad that we have an owner that leads by setting the right example.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, as everyone else has voiced thier opinion on the over seas world-wide premier league fixtures I would like to share my stance on the matter, but first would like to congratulate the team on a hard fought win against newcastle today and with such comfort at the end it truly shows we are in transcendence and shows our desire to gain a european cup spot.

Now my opinion on the over seas matches is that i am against them(like many others)... and agree yes that it is a money profiting scheme that is more beneficial to the larger clubs unless all the money from the games is equally shared between every single club in the premier league. I also believe it takes the passion and the achievement of qualifying for europe out of the game, as it stands during a league campaign the european spot is the only way to travel abroad and play in a foreign country while the league is in full swing. I believe this is the main reason this should be boycotted. I am a firm believer of a level playing field and so believe that if this were to go ahead it should guarantee fairness and equality that is impartial to clubs of any size i.e:- equal chances of drawing any team for this game (no seeded teams) and if this were to be implemented we should agree to the proposal reluctantly. I believe this plan will go ahead due to the money it will raise, the pressure from big clubs on the premier league and representatives from large clubs involved in the FA.

And have full faith that AVFC is in good hands with Randy Lerner at the helm and will support the club no matter what the outcome.

General Krulak here:

1. A well-played game by our lads....and a very much welcomed 3 points. A personal THANK YOU from me for all the cheering and singing today!!! The current issue could have put a wet blanket on the support but you all shown through...just like I expected. Well done!!! :D

2. Not much more that I can say about the current issue that I haven't said before. Randy has definitely heard your passion and concerns and will do what is right. For those who would want Randy to jump up and shout "NO" from the rafters, it will not happen. First off, that is NOT Randy's style and secondly, it would be totally unprofession for a serious business man like Randy to spout off about something that has not even been proposed. He would appear like a "headline grabber" vice the professional that he is. Don't expect or ask that he do something that would go against who he is and how he thinks. Randy has heard you...he will do what is right.

I am wondering why it is necessary for 12.45 kick off as it is bad for people like me (Postman) (I don't give a damn about Asian TV money). This morning I woke up about an hour earlier and left work at 7.30 and start delivering and finished at 11.40 and by the time I got to the game I arrived my seat 2 minutes before the game feeling tired, stressed and awful. I couldn't enjoy first half at all. After a drink and quick splash of water on face, I feeling bit better and it is nice performance of Aston Villa especially Marlon and John.

I would prefer sunday/late evening kick off/normal time kick off. I don't want to see any more 12.45 kick off at all. It is not natural.

2. Not much more that I can say about the current issue that I haven't said before. Randy has definitely heard your passion and concerns and will do what is right. For those who would want Randy to jump up and shout "NO" from the rafters, it will not happen. First off, that is NOT Randy's style and secondly, it would be totally unprofession for a serious business man like Randy to spout off about something that has not even been proposed. He would appear like a "headline grabber" vice the professional that he is. Don't expect or ask that he do something that would go against who he is and how he thinks. Randy has heard you...he will do what is right

Can't ask for more of you than that General. Many thanks, as you can see it's something many feel strongly about.

I hope we Villa fans never take for granted that we have this unique link to the boardroom. It means a lot.

General Krulak here:

3. Browns off-season: A good deal of the off-season is spent scouting, evaluating players, looking at film, preparing for the draft, building the play book, doing strength drills, endurance drills, etc. etc.

General,

If I may I'd like to move away from the oversea's games issue, from what I have read you and Randy would seem to have things nicely in control and with certain comments being passed to Randy directly that these do go on to assure him that the majority of us fans are not willing to back such a move by the Premier League. You say that we are the life-blood of the club, now is the time to stand up and be counted - at the appropriate time of course. We trust you!

Now General to my question re: your quote above. What would be the possiblity of inviting the Browns over to train at Bodymoor Heath in pre-season? An opportunity for them to visit Randy's other sporting interest - maybe catching a Villa game before our season ends - would also be a good opportunity to introduce them to their British fans at an open training session or even to have a meet and greet session staged somewhere like the Holte Hotel....? Please General could you review or comment on this as a possibility?

As always General, cheers for your ever valuable contribution to VillaTalk, I look forward to hearing your responses.

P.S. I am hoping to bring a mate of mine to the Blues game on April 20th. He is coming here from Belfast and has never seen a game at Villa Park although we have tried on many occasions to sort something out. Although I'm not totally comfortable asking, I'd like to know if there was anything that could be done to enhance his experience at his first Villa Park game? If you respond with a no that is fine by me, I understand you can't always go that extra mile, especially on derby day, but if there is some possibility of that extra something to enhance his day I can guarentee it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and kind regards. Keep up the good work, we all really do appreciate the lengths you go to provide this service to the fans.

Cheers

Jon

General Krulak here:

4. shortshadyuk: Did you get the snap shot of you and Chelsea and the London Eye??? It looked good to me.

Yeah, damn shes prettier in person too

On another note I bought a top through the Villa website and believe its Cursed, honest to god everytime I wear it we flop! I had it on at Villa park today till half time and then my friend Kerry said put the damn thing in my bag, suddenly we made a comeback and won lol, I wore it at fulham aftter we scored thinking the curse might lift, but alas we lost and the sequence has been like this all season :-(... Can you please ask Nike to make curse-proof footy tops for next season for me :-P

Also will the Villa Store also sell England tops with the Villa player names on them?

Oh and about this proposed movement of games abroad, I for one think it is a good idea but that there should be a preseason Premiership Cup tournament 4 groups of 5 teams (seeded) in 4 parts of the world, the champions from each mini league play in a final location in a knock out Semi and Final... more games and brand awareness, I dont like the idea of the league having an odd number of games against teams... but im sure Randy has it all in hand.

Please say WELL DONE to MON on the 2nd half and to give out his half time speeches at kick off :-P

General, this is a quote from Richard Scudamore from Radio 5 today, an interview I heard this morning

Scudamore, responding to widespread criticism of the proposal for a 39th round of games, told the BBC: "Clearly, there are a lot of hurdles to overcome.

"We've seen how sport's globalising, we compete in the entertainment industry.

"This is a solidarity move where all 20 clubs want to do it. It benefits all of them and it's far better we all do it rather than allow single clubs to."

so as he stated in the News of the World this was to stop the Top 4 braking away

got to say General if it is, let them

I don't care if they want to make more money, I don't care on 'broading the supporter base', I don;t care to give foreigners access to live gameson their soil.

Also I don't want the clubs name to be soiled with this whole mruky and illegimate mess

Scudamore is clearly going far beyond the 'look and see' statement you made.

I appreciated Randy's position, I appreciate how difficult it must be to be one against 19

But if we came out against it, not only would the football public all support this I would imagine a few other clubs would follow, it owuld not just be one against 19, but millions against 19.

I implore you as an equal shareholder of the PL to do everything you can against the plan and I implore you to uphold the traditions of William McGregor !!

General,

I've heard a rumour today (must stress it is only a rumour) and that is Villa Park is one of only 2 stadia being used for the 2012 Olympics (the other being Wembley)? Can you shed any light on this? (if it's been said elsewhere then please ignore me!).

Another rumour is that by 2010 Villa Park will be a 60,000 seater stadium, building above the Doug Ellis Stand and North Stand. Again, can you shed any light on this?

Sorry to be posting rumours and it's usually not my style but nevertheless, I did find them interesting from someone who said they had a tour around VP yesterday.

(if it's common knowledge then again, please ignore me...I've been away for a while :oops:).

Thanks.

General, just seen that Birmingham City have released a rather pathetic 'We beat the Villa' DVD showing a few of their wins over us.

Can you assure me that regardless of how many times we beat them, even if we do the double on them this season and relegate them that we won't release a DVD about beating them please?? It's very small time and they really don't mean that much.

General,

I've heard a rumour today (must stress it is only a rumour) and that is Villa Park is one of only 2 stadia being used for the 2012 Olympics (the other being Wembley)? Can you shed any light on this? (if it's been said elsewhere then please ignore me!).

Another rumour is that by 2010 Villa Park will be a 60,000 seater stadium, building above the Doug Ellis Stand and North Stand. Again, can you shed any light on this?

Sorry to be posting rumours and it's usually not my style but nevertheless, I did find them interesting from someone who said they had a tour around VP yesterday.

(if it's common knowledge then again, please ignore me...I've been away for a while :oops:).

Thanks.

I know for a fact they're using the Millennium Stadium, so cant be one of just two...

General ,

Yesterday whilst waiting for a connecting flight at Amsterdam Airport I decided to have a browse at the small sports outlet and amongst the football shirts there were Villa home and away tops . There were the other obvious ones Man U / Liverpool / Arsenal and Chelsea and the other top European Clubs but felt a sense of pride and that we were on the map seeing our shirts there .

An observation but really hit home to me now about how much the club is moving on in the right direction

General,

Sorry to come back to the games abroad/39th match thing.

But you've told us the club has agreed to investigate the idea, look at it etc etc, but no decisions have been made.

So why is the league chief executive Richard Scudamore saying things like this (from The Guardian, on the radio and various other news sources):

"This is a solidarity move where all 20 clubs want to do it."

He was talking there about playing the game abroad, not looking at the possibility of it.

If as you've said we haven't agreed to do it necessarily, perhaps it's worth asking him to stop saying things in our name?

Thanks again.

General...

I am aware of the pride that Randy has for this great club of ours. Its traditions both off and on the football pitch make it a unique club, and one of the few with heritage.

Afterall, it was this clubs founding father William Macgregor who gave the world Football, and since the leagues creation, it has kept growing, being one of the few things on this planet, that unites everyone globally.

( I can name a few other things that do the same, but i am aware that Children may be reading this,so i will refrain :lol: )

With this in mind, im finding it hard to believe that this great club of ours has ( according to Scudamore ) has agreed to go along with this hairbrain scheme :shock: .

Our club, as one of the founding lights of the global game, should be the ONE club that should stand up to the breach, and honour the traditions of its great father, William Macgregor, and put a stop to this....

Beleive me when i say this general, but this whole thing is fundimentally wrong, and is bigger than any club loyalty. This will rebound badly.

Im now hearing the "reduced ticket prices for fans" line... :roll:

Well if Scudamore and the clubs involved with this think thats all that the Fans in this country care about, you are not only insulting our intelligeance, but are actually belittling us... :twisted:

I, and everyone of us that follow the traditions of AVFC, implore you to kick this scheme into touch...

BTW General, did martin bid for James Milner? :winkold: :lol:

Hi General,

Great win on Saturday but one thing marred it for me and I would like to know if you heard any feedback from the players or coaching staff regarding this.

At half-time the players were booed off the pitch by a number of supporters and I wondered if they heard it? If so, how did this make them feel?

Personally I think it's a disgrace to ever boo the players, especially after the season they have given us so far!

One final point general. I read Scudamore's comments about the big 4 wanting to play these games abroad and that they would break away if it doesn't eventually happen. I have the feeling it will be a case of "if you can't beat them, join them" and all Premiership clubs will take part. I just hope they don't go ahead with that seeded nonsense just so the "big boys" don't have to play each other and put their respective images on the line. That to me would be the biggest cop-out and final proof that the league bends over to accomodate those clubs!

I just cannot believe the English FA would sell the fans down the river. You would never see the British Open Golf Championship played in Dubai or Africa, or The Grand National run in America etc so why the greatest sport of them all?

Overall, I think foreign supporters would much rather see a game played in its natural environment, just like all of those Norwegian folks who came over to watch us win on Saturday! By the way General, any chance of getting these guys over every week if it means big John is going to perform like he did on Saturday? :winkold:

General I think this has to be the MOST important question of your entire forum...

Will we have Cheerleaders at Aston Villa?

Truly American but surely would be a hit with the fans

Sorry to the Mods for this but I want to stick up for those fans who booed fine, but not in this thread. Blandy

General Krulak here:

1. Tubby: Browns at Villa Park....I do not see that happening. The expense of bringing the entire team over, setting up Bodymoor for training, etc. etc. would be too much. Something as simple as the weight room...NFL players utilize free weights...so we'd have to get those in. Team size is much larger than football so the facilities would need to be expanded...dressing rooms, physios, etc. Re. friend to the Blues game....my sense is that you will not need to do anything to enhance his experience.

2. Museum: As I have mentioned before, we are still cataloging all that we have and finalizing a space. It goes hand in hand with the question re. stadium expansion. We are conducting a study right now as to the direction we want to take with the stadium. It will not be completed for several months and at that time, Randy will make his decision re. what to do.

3. Booing: Simply put, a fan buys a ticket and has the right to do whatever he/she wants to do so long as it does not break the regulations of Villa Park. If they want to boo, so be it. Let there be no question, the players can hear the booing. My own personal opinion is that I do not like the booing. We have a saying for that sort of thing in the "colonies"...we call it "bush league". Things need to get VERY bad before we start booing a team...what the lads need is to be motivated to do better and I am not sure that for all of them, booing is the best motivator.

4. There will be no cheerleaders at Villa Park...just like there are no cheerleaders at Browns stadium.