General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. A very special scarf....Villa colours on one side, Browns on another. We are thinking about the possibility of selling them at both Team's stores.

2. I always pop into Holte before the games I attend.

Hey General , just like to say that i have got a scarf like Randys i wore it in the holte suite at last game against Reading and got quite a few asking where i got it from.

Well my mother bought it me as a xmas gift from villa village not sure of price but it is real quality great merchandisng advert for both browns and villa.

keep it going...

Hey General.

Me again. Just wondering if the club has thought of some kind of loyalty bonus to all those who renew there season tickets each year. Maybe a free tour of the ground, or free shirt printing like they did a few years back.

Things like this annoy me - you're getting tickets at a damn cheap rate, why get freebies too?

I worked for Bridgend Rugby for a while and during that time, our marketing staff had the 'great' idea of a free shirt with every season ticket.

It cost us tens of thousands, and thats with a small supporter base. The club is still a business...

We are getting a fantastic deal. Dont get me wrong - and compared to the rest of our competition (the Premier League) we are one of the best. However, i just feel a football club is run on its loyal supporters. The ones that are there through thick and thin, the ones that will be there when we are fighting relegated or europe.

Thats your backbone of your football club and £400 a season is a lot of money - like i said it is cheap compared to most. But im a fan just like everybody else. Why can i want more? Just like on the pitch - if we win the league we will want the champions league. You always want more and ive always been told you dont get unless you ask?

Perhaps a loyalty pin badge may be good. Same principle as blood donation (I like the analogy). After 5, 10,15,20 years of continuous renewal a badge is awarded for continuous support of the club.

If you'd like to discuss this please start a new thread. This thread is for questions for the General. limpid

General Krulak here:

1. Ian_Taylor: Cheers did make a HUGE impact...as they do for all games. The Players can definitely hear them and do respond...keeps them going when the going is tough. Randy heard the cheers too. Obviously they make an impact on him but he is pretty "shy" about that type of thing.

2. Villa Fans in Africa>>>>Amazing!!! Makes us all proud that we have a Fan with that kind of spirit and motivation. Randy has been given a copy of the pictures. WELL DONE!!! Randy is in Africa right now on a special National Security trip...and my son is currently in Chad serving with the Marine Corps Special Operations Command on a medical contact team...he is a Doctor in the Forces.

3. As I have mentioned before, Randy is a huge art fan...and very knowledgeable. He loves England and wanted to do something for his adopted country in the arts. BEFORE anyone gets concerned, the money came from the Lerner Trust...completely separate from any monies that Randy has...so don't worry about transfer funds!! :winkold:

Got to say to have a Chairman that on the Monday is at Liverpool watching a football match then a few days later donates £5million to the arts and nips over to Africa 'on a special National Security trip', is pretty bloody amazing. Does he ever stop just being the best to have happend to a simple football club.

So what's next for Randy then General - end world poverty, cannonisation? The man is a STAR

3. As I have mentioned before, Randy is a huge art fan...and very knowledgeable. He loves England and wanted to do something for his adopted country in the arts. BEFORE anyone gets concerned, the money came from the Lerner Trust...completely separate from any monies that Randy has...so don't worry about transfer funds!!

Dont panic General, there is a thread on this and everone is aware so please feel free to stand down and take off the Kevlar jacket :lol:

General Krulak here:

3. As I have mentioned before, Randy is a huge art fan...and very knowledgeable. He loves England and wanted to do something for his adopted country in the arts. BEFORE anyone gets concerned, the money came from the Lerner Trust...completely separate from any monies that Randy has...so don't worry about transfer funds!! :winkold:

Ooh General, does that mean we're going to spend some of those transfer funds??!!!

Pip, pip, hooray!!!!

:winkold:

Gen

On the subject of Randy's money, I've always wondered - who actually owns us ??. The article stated he has a wealth of 800m quid, therefore , if he paid 60m for us, 40m on transfers, plus other stuff like the Holte etc.., lets face it, he has already spent over 1/6 of his wealth - and , although I don't think he will ever be in a position that he hasn't got enough to get a bag of chips - if he is financing Villa himself - it can't go on forever.

So what is the deal, are the Villa his and his only his / or is it owned by the Lerner estate - and he heads it. And if it is his, and we need a little extra for something that he hasn't got - would the family estate help out.

Cheers

Paul

PS - by the way, and I'm sure you've heard it 1 million times - but you probably heard 40,000 scousers singing what they though of american owners - don't EVER think we feel the same, we may not agree all the time with some things that happen - but by christ do we know when we are lucky !!!

General,

I'm an art lover myself. Admittedly mine are prints but I love my Lowry, Tamara de Lempicka and Jackson Pollack prints. I couldn't care less where Randy's donation came from. The man has the right to spend his money how he pleases. I just thought it was a wonderful gesture.

Silly question I know as the answer is undoutbedly yes, but have you seen the renovation work on the original union flag in Washington? I was over there in 2003 and amazed at how big it was. Absolutety huge, now imagine having that flag in the holte end!?!

I also thought that Washington was great. It gets bad press but I loved it. Great underground system, in fact best I've been on.

Stew

If I remember correctly, there was talk of doing some kind of DVD of the 25th Anniversary weekend we had against Sheffield United. Is that still in the pipeline or has it been canned?

(Or indeed, did I just imagine it)

General Krulak here:

1. Randy's finances are obviously his own business. Let me just state that his Family does many wonderful things for other institutions...medical, educational, and the arts. No one has "unlimited" wealth but the Lerner Family believes in giving and that is what they do. Villa will be fine.

2. Yes I do know GWB. I do not agree with his policies, for the most part, but I am loath to call him "dumb."