General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

I have to admit every regular match going football fan both away and home supporter knows that there arespecific areas for them to be. Away supporters in the 'AWAY' section and vice versa.

I am all for getting villa park full and profitable from the seats being sold to supporters but i think they should be kicked out on the principle that they know they can only sit in the away section... and otherwise i think should be seen as an attempt to cause trouble at the game and so should be dealt with severely by kicking out and banning them, I think it is disgusting that away fans can fully support their team in home sections, shout and celebrate because many home fans at villa and elsewhere would not tolerate it and would feel as though they were mocking them and the club by doing so.

so i agree zero tolerance should be shown.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Congratulations are due to the team and Martin on breaking a club record. The win at Wigan meant that for the first time ever in the top flight (even during the seasons when we won the league title) we have gone from the start of the season to the end of the year without losing more than one league game away from home. :clap:

I'm sure that Randy, yourself and the whole backroom team will be happy to have seen a club record broken and some history made so early into your time at Villa Park. Please accept my best wishes for the future and thanks for all of the great work that is being done at the club that is so much appreciated. Lets hope that 2008 will bring good things for both Villa & The Browns.

Another record coming up, in 5 league goals time (Hopefully all scored against Reading) we will become the 1st club to score 7000 league goals

I was there for the game in 1987 against Bournemouth when Mark Walters scored our 6000th, Unfortunatly it was a minute into the game and I missed the goal. Very rarely miss the start these days.....

General,

If as expected the crowd for today's game struggles to get over the 30k mark will the club admit they got the pricing for this game terribly wrong? Or if this is down to Man Utd refusing to allow us to reduce prices will you do the honourable thing of making this public so that they get the bad publicity they deserve?

General,

Todays game was tipped to be a high security one purely due to the amount of away fans that come in. Home supporters have been complaining that the stewards at the ground are poor, power mad but dont actually stick to the rules.

How the hell did Manchester United fans manage to get flares INTO the ground, let alone let them off. This is a very poor security issue, this could of quite easily been a explosive - Anything.

Also, Manchester United fans in the holte end, we warned the club about this yet they still got in the home stands. After the second goal today some people may or maynot of notice a scuffle at the back of the holte end. And guess what a Manchester United fan was found out.

I also got kicked by a steward (may i add ive just had a operation on my knee cruciate ligaments) and tonight im sitting here back on painkillers because of this so i will be making a official complaint about this. But once the dust had settled i was shocked to hear one of the stewards say to another 'i knew he was a manchester united fan from the start' - SO WHY THE HELL DIDNT HE PREVENT THIS AND MOVE HIM?

The fans got overpriced today - and then i experience these sort of things. Im a season ticket holder and tonight im a very unhappy one to, and not because we lost. I was actually pleased at the effort given by the players today!!

Best Wishes

Stuart

Happy New Year General. I sadly did not venture to the Park for the Man Utd game today as I assumed that Tickets were not on general sale but sold out. I was shocked when I heard on the Tv the crowd was far less than capacity. When I logged in to buy tickets last week I noticed I was not offered any for the Man Utd game is this the norm or am I better off contacting the Ticket Office? Dont mind either way but I just assumed as I was not offered I would not be eligible. Checked today and dont seem to also buy tickets for Liverpool away even though the AVFC says they are available? Would be good to clear up if possible.Thanks General.

General,

I must emphasise that this is not a moan or a complaint, just a sober-minded comment. For all the talk of effort, commitment, "deserved a replay" etc, etc ad nauseum, I do hope that the Directors all realise just how far behind Manchester United we are, and just how much money it is going to take to catch them up - if we ever do.

Given that that was the lowest attendance against a premier league team this season, is it not regretable in hindsight that this was treated as a Category A game? Everyone knew Man Utd fans would go into the Villa ends, there was a fair chance we were going to lose, the game was live on terrestial TV and the kick off time wasn't the best. 10,000 people voted with their feet on what they thought.

Have you got the steward number/name/description. Give it to the club / General via PM.

Nope i didnt sadly. Didnt think to as i was in far to much pain. your location/seat number, and where the incident happened ought to suffice, plus the time and a description of the steward. Blandy

Another thing why is it the stewards insist u sit in the holte but allow away fans to stand the whole game?

They cant say they cant make them sit down, but chelsea made both villa and man utd sit down at stamford bridge. One rule for one side and another for the other again.

Security is a big issue at VP.

I'd say the flare proved that, but no doubt they'll get away with it......
General, is there anything that can be done to ensure that they don't get away with it?

It's bad enough our team getting humbled by this shower every time they come to VP but the way their fans always take the piss is rubbing salt into the wounds in the extreme.

I definately agree with the that. One fan ran onto the pitch, it was forewarned on here that they were plotting a pitch invasion (again) yet security was minimal. The flare was disgusting as well, i hope they are reported and adequate punishments are served.

Why don't we reduce their allocation for future fixtures, like Sunderland have/are doing?Or just ban that odious filith altogether.

Is it possible General? No. it's not. League and Cup rules require 3000 tickets and 6400 tickets to be allocated to the away team if they want them. The reduced allocation at Sunderland was due to their local council safety group decreeing it, not the clubs. Blandy

Let's hope they get Roma in Europe again next season.

Gen,

Oh well, what difference is another year when we've waited 50 !!

Not a moan as I know our prices are fair, just an observation , and hopefully this will become a reality soon.......

33k (of which you can estimate 10k Man fans there was a very poor but very predictable attendance. I and my kids are season ticket holders, I paid the £32 last night but i cannot afford nor justify paying £19 each for my 2 kids of 7 and 9 the week after Xmas - I have a good job and I am absolutely skint so god knows how others are expected to pay it. £19 for a seven yr old was an awful., awful lot of money and one that I was not willing to pay (and I wouldn't mind betting that the majority of the 7000 empty seats were kids season tikcets not being taken up.

This did bring up another thought, one which is awful but unfortunately, real. In one way I was thinking "it will be a god send if we get knocked out here". The next round is Jan 26th - before I get paid - how the hell was I going to afford another £32 - I couldn't that is the simple answer - now this cup is over, but I want to point something out.

Quite hopefully, and quite realistically, we should be playing in Europe next year - PLEASE - take this into account for European matches. The UEFA cup is now a league format - so it is probable you will be playing 2 home games per month. If we only get around 23000 Villa fans against Man U - what the hell would we get against a Latvian part time side !!! - if the games are priced like yesterday you will see a return to embarrassing crowds of 15000 or less for these games. Please take note. We cannot fault the work you are all doing but Man U and Villa are completely in different worlds - if one Man U fan doesn't attend a game - you have 50 others waiting to take his/her place, Villa have a hard-core fan base - if they don't go - no one will.

Thanks

Paul

General, I too think the prices were too high yesterday, and so didn't go.

I have a question regarding TV games and prices

For the forthcoming Liverpool game the Club too the 3000 allocation, as it was due to be played on the Saturday. That was absolutely right. Now it has been moved at short notice it is unlikely we will sell all the tickets, as we would have done.

Will the club have to pay for the unsold seats, as is normal, or has an arrangement been made due to the TV company moving the game?

ANd finally, as we saw last season, when a monday night TV game at Sheffield Utd was priced sensibly (£15 a ticket) we sold out, as did Sheffield Utd. The demand is there for football, but I feel that Clubs need to price games more fluidly according to the TV schedules - All clubs get a huge amount of money from the TV deal I feel that Villa should really consider greater flexibility to help fans attend and support the team. I urge you and the board to consider whether future Televised games could be priced more sympathetically, and to communicate any idea you might have along these lines with other clubs. Thank You .

Why don't we reduce their allocation for future fixtures, like Sunderland have/are doing?Or just ban that odious filith altogether.

Is it possible General? No. it's not. League and Cup rules require 3000 tickets and 6400 tickets to be allocated to the away team if they want them. The reduced allocation at Sunderland was due to their local council safety group decreeing it, not the clubs. Blandy

Fair enough.Maybe we can pass on the increase in costs incurred by having to have extra police officers on duty for no other reason that their fans cannot, or rather will not behave themselves.

I'd be interested to hear the West Midlands Police view on this both in terms of what they would like to see being done, and the inconveiniance of having extra officers having to police a football match when they may be needed elsewhere.

Regarding Ticket Prices..

Surely nocking say £5 of each ticket would of made so much differance. Plus they would of made there money back by food and drinks sold during the game surely?

Id rather have a full house and villa making the money through the catering etc, rather than a empty ground.

Bit of an odd question General but are you familiar with the Michael Lewis an his book Moneyball? Apparently it inspired many of the NFL team's front offices to change the way they value players (even if that particular book was about baseball).

Actually, we only have 2,800 away seats, we get dispensation to offer less than the usual amount due to segregation isues.