General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Howdy General

Firstly may i thank Randy Lerner yourself and the rest of the directors for dragging Aston Villa into the future, god knows we needed it!!!!!

i'm going to have a bit of moan now so i apologies in advance, i just feel that we have put ourselves in a bit of precarious position with possible signings, i know this isn't something you can comment on, but you must be able to see that we are now looking like a club desperate for new signings, and what worries me is that we will end up paying over the odds for players who may not have been our first choice targets, due to other clubs knowing we need players

Also other than MON does anyone else advise Mr Lerner on footballing matters???

it's not all moaning though, i think eveyrthing you're doing for the club is great and to be honest MON will probably pull 2-3 great signings out the bag make my above post look stupid and we will all wonder what the fuss was about

Anyway here's to a succesfull season

Thank's for listening

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what was written about you in the Guardian's season preview that I was talking about, they have 17 categories, this one is called "Big in"

Big in... The US Military. General Charles Chandler Krulak, a former Commandant of the Marine Corps, has posted over 300 times on a chatboard concerned with hot Villa chat. OK, so he's a club director.... but then again, how many club directors do that?

Not that there's anything there that you didn't know. They seem quite surprised that you do it.

General,

Could you tell me the address to which I send the money order? And would I just put down

to; Aston Villa FC, etc..

again, not to answer for GK, but this link gives the contact details, phone number etc for how to contact merchandising - if you ring them on the number given/e mail them, I would think they'll tell you exactly what to do, where to send a money order etc. hope that helps. Blandy

This is what was written about you in the Guardian's season preview that I was talking about, they have 17 categories, this one is called "Big in"

Big in... The US Military. General Charles Chandler Krulak, a former Commandant of the Marine Corps, has posted over 300 times on a chatboard concerned with hot Villa chat. OK, so he's a club director.... but then again, how many club directors do that?

Not that there's anything there that you didn't know. They seem quite surprised that you do it.

I would like to take the opportunity to back this up. I work in Manchester and yes 95% of my colleagues are manu fans and they are amazed a main board director takes the time for this.

Big personal feather and big feather for the club.

Keep up the good work and don't let the apparent misery get to you, we as fans have put up with years of neglect and the chance to "have a go" directly to the management is too good to miss for some

General Krulak here:

1. The new City Center store opened at 0900 this morning and looks great. Nike has done a superb job. The current store at VP will be getting a "face-lift" and be expanded over the next few months...but not to disturb sales.

2. Any ticket issues arising from the postal strike need to be referred to Nicky Keye and her people. They are well aware of problems and are prepared to sort them out.

3. One poster asked about an "advisor" to Randy re. "footballing." Let me assure everyone that a) Randy knows a helluva lot about the game. He has been a huge fan for years, has studied the game, played the game and been around the game for a long time. B) He knows the sports world extremely well...all sports. c) He has many friends in the UK that have been intimately involved in football...at all levels. d) He knows agents, people deeply involved in the sport, etc. etc. He talks to them all the time. Randy is not some bumpkin that just fell off the back of a turnip truck. He knows much more than just the "business" side of football. I would venture to say that he knows as much about the "beautiful game" as many of the owners in the league and alot more about the game than others.

General,

I got my shirt last night at 12 there was a great atmostphere and i'm really happy with the quality and look of the shirt.

I couldn't help but notice that on saturday the holte looked quite empty before and after the game. The garden and when peering through the windows it seemed very quiet. I understand there are capacity issues but if the capacity isn't being reached surely there could be some form of que where the bar is filled up with fans willing to wait?

Also a big name signing would be great for shirt sales general, shall i wait before i get something printed on the back or is anything looking good before the weekend or next week?

Thanks for getting us nike general and thanks for the holte it's amazing.

Also a big name signing would be great for shirt sales general, shall i wait before i get something printed on the back or is anything looking good before the weekend or next week?

The General has stated many times that he has nothing to do with transfers and is not privy to such information so can not comment as such

General Krulak here:

1. Just got word that we will be able to increase numbers of folks in Holte...by a significant amount. Announcement will be posted on Villa Web Site in the next few days.

2. I am not involved in signings...I am as curious as you are. I have stopped reading the papers as the media does nothing but get me up...and never seems to get it right.

General Krulak here:

1. Just got word that we will be able to increase numbers of folks in Holte...by a significant amount. Announcement will be posted on Villa Web Site in the next few days.

Cracking news General, thanks for the info.

Hi General,

I would like to support one of the previous posts ref. Tribute to Derek “The Doog” Dougan before the game on Saturday. I knew him personally and although

his heart lay with the Wolves, he was always very proud to be able to say that he played for Aston Villa and was a favourite of the fans in the 60s and also a great

Ambassador for the sport in his role as Chairman of the PFA

By the way General, I would also like to add that you are leading the way for other football clubs to follow and I’m sure it won’t be long before everyone has a “General” of their own! Great job General.

Jasper

Hi General,

I would like to support one of the previous posts ref. Tribute to Derek “The Doog” Dougan before the game on Saturday. I knew him personally and although

his heart lay with the Wolves, he was always very proud to be able to say that he played for Aston Villa and was a favourite of the fans in the 60s and also a great

Ambassador for the sport in his role as Chairman of the PFA

By the way General, I would also like to add that you are leading the way for other football clubs to follow and I’m sure it won’t be long before everyone has a “General” of their own! Great job General.

Jasper

in the usual fashion of fans songs about every new player "there's only one General Krulak, one General Krulak...!

General, just an idea I posted for entry to the holte,

I suggest that if you want to go there you register for a nominal fee, open to all as long as a decent booking hisotyr (maybe 8 games a season)

this registration allows ten entries during match days by getting a stamp (so one for before and one for after)

this will allow a fair distrubution of entry and probably would fill the place

General Krulak here:

2. I am not involved in signings...I am as curious as you are. I have stopped reading the papers as the media does nothing but get me up...and never seems to get it right.

At least you have the luxury of being able to ask Randy or MON if you wanted to. Think how we feel! :)

Mods, if you think the following is inappropriate please remove.

General Krulak. As you know Villa Talk is fairly closely moderated. Please be reassured that I for one have never seen anything deleted from this thread on Villa Talk even closely resembling the post that you will have seen elsewhere this evening. Have you considered it may have been a bluenose who'd signed up for that site with one express purpose about 3 weeks ago?

just saw the thread where you replied to malachi on another thread.

just want to say thank you. again.

your not a fool. leading your troops is more than proof than that. been an advisor to the whitehouse proves that.

thank you for being here.