General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen

Two things.

1. Obviously you had to catch up on loads the last couple of days, you replied to 16 questions but one I posted wasn't there so can I ask it again.

Obviously Saturdays game got 36k, sell out Liverpool and record season ticket sales, hopefully, if we get any kind of a decent year we should be averaging 38k (maybe even as high as 40k if we have a great season.

Is there a trigger point that when we reach it, the North Stand will be increased or is it "play it by ear". My original question stated that , if in 5 yrs we are playing champions league footy, then it would be a shame if wer only had three sides then.

2ndly - you stated - no logos on stands, we may do somethign else with this space - what does that refer to ? - which space did you mean.

Cheers

Heres to Saturday (and if gerrard plays after yesterday it would be a disgrace !!!)

General,have you any idea what is the name of the piece of music played prior to the players coming onto the pitch,it is the same music played by Tony Butler on Radio WM Sport!

Thanx General and keep up the fantastic work you and the team are putting into OUR great club!

General,

This isn't a question more of a thank you for the service that you provide here on the boards. We haven't really ever had anything like this, and we may be the only club in England?

Anyway, thank you once again and thanks for taking the time to provide us Villa fans with answers.

General Krulak here:

10. There are no plans to allow fans to exit stadium at half-time for a smoke. There should be NO smoking in the loos. It will end up cost the Club a lot of money if that is allowed to continue. I will notify security that this was an issue. It took me 7 hours and 15 minutes to fly to the US...NO smoking on the flight. Fans should be able to handle 2 hours of no smoking. We have no other recourse...smoking is not allowed....

is this strictly true "no other recourse"?. The law seems to suggest that smoking in the concourses would be illegal, but not so in the actual open stands - certainly in the lower tiers to my reading.

As I'm not a legal bod, I wondered whether the club had been given instruction/advice on this, or whether the club had decided whatever, just to ban it, for sake of ease/concern for people's health.

Basically because if it proves hard to police and costly (indoors) it mightn't be easier to either let people outside, or let them wander to the front of a stand (say at half time only) to indulge?

Just curious, really

FROM SMOKE FREE ENGLAND:

Sports stadiums

Does this legislation cover sports stadiums?

Only parts of stadiums that are enclosed or substantially enclosed are required by law to be smokefree. However, many sports stadiums have decided to go beyond these requirements and become smokefree throughout. If you're in any doubt, look for the no-smoking signs or ask a member of staff.

The law was brought in to protect people from second hand smoke Villa brought the ban into the stands years ago and we have a right to protect our kids when we go to a match.

Hi General

I like you was really impressed by the teams performance on Saturday. We looked fresh, exciting and hungry. I was wondering, how did the friendly with Inter come about? Did our connection with Nike have anything to do with it? I noticed (maybe coincidence) that all of the friendlies they were involved in whilst they were here were against teams sponsored by Nike (Man Utd, Valencia, Arsenal, PSG & Villa).

Thanks for all your hard work and keep on posting!!

Dave

General Krulak here:

10. There are no plans to allow fans to exit stadium at half-time for a smoke. There should be NO smoking in the loos. It will end up cost the Club a lot of money if that is allowed to continue. I will notify security that this was an issue. It took me 7 hours and 15 minutes to fly to the US...NO smoking on the flight. Fans should be able to handle 2 hours of no smoking. We have no other recourse...smoking is not allowed....

is this strictly true "no other recourse"?. The law seems to suggest that smoking in the concourses would be illegal, but not so in the actual open stands - certainly in the lower tiers to my reading.

As I'm not a legal bod, I wondered whether the club had been given instruction/advice on this, or whether the club had decided whatever, just to ban it, for sake of ease/concern for people's health.

Basically because if it proves hard to police and costly (indoors) it mightn't be easier to either let people outside, or let them wander to the front of a stand (say at half time only) to indulge?

Just curious, really

I think as far as I know it is a Premier/Football League initiative - all grounds will be smoke free this season.

General Krulak here:

1. If you have not received Season Ticket, please call Nicky Keye...the postal strike has caused major problems.

2. We will ensure bars are kept open until mandatory close time.

3. Ginge: If we do a wedding, it will be done properly.

4. We do not have a definite "trigger point" for new stand....we will watch closely as to our progress. Our plan has the work down in a 5 year time-frame. The use of open space around upper deck is space I am talking about re. logo or other things.

5. I do not know the name of music being played when Squad comes on line. I don't even hear it as I am normally in a concourse at that time.

6. We are looking into showing "away games" at Holte.

7. NO smoking in stadium...to include stands.

8. Many folks helped the Inter game come about....from Nike to MON to members of Board.

9. Not sure why I would have been mentioned in paper....I haven't made a "thong" comment since my last "adventure" with the media.

the stands have been non smoking at VP for ages..it was just the concourses that smoking was allowed. If the law states you can smoke in open stadiums then its the owners decision to allow it or not..and obviously villa dont.

FFS if they cant wait for 2 hours for a fag!

General Krulak here:

1. If you have not received Season Ticket, please call Nicky Keye...the postal strike has caused major problems.

For anyone who needs to know what was said.. if you haven't received your season ticket by Friday, call the club and a duplicate ticket will be printed. You can then collect this from the Holte End on matchday...

Cheers

I know the strike is causing problem for Aston Villa ticket office among with other, but they had been warned in advance to deal with the situation.

I hope everyone who haven't got one yet wll get it in next few days. So if anyone don't receive their by Thursday 1.30pm contact the club asap to allow them do something asap.

General Krulak here:

3. Ginge: If we do a wedding, it will be done properly.

General - Thanks for the info. My daughter is seriously looking now at VP as the venue for the "happy" day.

Just leaves me to pay for it :-)

Hi General,

Just a quick question about the holte hotel invites, I understand invites are done in a raffle format, I have had a season ticket with my dad for 13 years, does this mean we will only get invited separately?

p.s. It was me who did you your tea and toast at the hotel on Saturday and I enjoyed our victory after work!

Up The Villa

general. just another idea (you must be sick of me the past few days! lol)

Would the club look at putting together a DVD of Paul McGraths "greatest moments" ???

Just to add weight to this request. I ain't bought a Villa video/DVD since I got "The Italian Job" vid way back in 1994 after Inter game but Id 100% get a McGrath DVD as would thousands of others IMO. Please put in a request for this to be done general!