General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, can you please pass on my sincere thanks for the work that has taken place on the Holte Pub - I had a drink in there today, the first time I have ever been able to - my entire life it has been a derelict wreck.

I felt proud and hounoured that someone should have spent so much money on something for us Villa fans to use - it is a unique gesture and one that will benefit the community and City at large.

One year on and I am still pinching myself - the restoration is a grand gesture, and one that will last a 100 years.

Very, very greatful.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two queries for you general.

Firstly season ticket holders always had a 10% in the club shops, does this still apply?

secondly. Can anything be done to improve the P.A. system at the ground, when the guy is on the microphone before the game, I have to listen so hard and I can just about make out about half of what he says, I have to guess the rest

Hi general, just wondered what you and Randy thought to the funny banter that the Holte End gave the Inter Milan Suit Guy who kept running on the pitch when a player was down?

English humour, just wondered though if it made yourself and Randy laugh as much as it did for a lot of us Holte Enders :lol:

General, After the success of Saturdays game with Inter is there a chance we may build on this type of event?

Aresenal had a competition recently the 'Emirates Cup' where they invited three other high profile teams over and had the competition over a weekend.

Could thought be given to something like the 'Nike Cup' held at Villa Park in the close season and see us hosting such an event and getting the cudos that goes with it...... How about us, Barcelona, Bayern and the Gallaxy?

General,

Great game on Saturday, a perfect pre season prep. A couple of things, as promised the new screens are excellent way better than the old ones but the pa system in the holte (upper) was terrible couldn't hear a thing. Has this been upgraded yet? or are we planning to upgrade?

Are you and Randy staying over here for the week until after Liverpool?

Hi General

I know some (silly) people have moaned about the amount of money spent on the Holte Hotel being a wast/better spent elsewhere, moaned about the limited capacity and questioned the true connection with the club and the building anyway.

I just wanted to say that it looks magnificent and whatever else, Randy has done a good thing.

General Krulak here:

1. Randy and I got back to US yesterday after watching a sparkling game against Inter. We recognize that Inter was probably tired at the end of the Tour but the fact remains, they are a quality Club...won their league by 22 points and beat ManU earlier. We played a very intense aggressive game and did well. I was by the Inter dressing room at the end of game and they were NOT happy about the loss...especially 3-0. Yes, it was a friendly...but we played well. We just need to do it this Saturday.

2. I went to all the stands before, during and after the game. I went to the Holte Hotel and Holte Suite before and after the Game. I saw what you all saw. The catering was not right!!!! Everyone who complained on the thread are correct. We should have done much better. On SUNDAY morning, Alison Plant got her entire team into Villa Park for a de=brief of what went wrong. She had our catering contractors as well as her entire staff there. She went over comments she received from Fans, from her own observation and from the notes that I took and that Russ Appleton took. Everyone knows we did not get it right. We had rehearsed and prepared but when game time came, we did not execute. Alison and her staff are great....they have pride in what they do and pride in the Club. I am sure she will have it fixed by Saturday. BUT, we did not get it right for Inter and we apologize.

3. LED Boards. These will be completed by start of season...saturday. They will eventually pay for themselves and be profitable.

4. I am almost certain that the Holte Hotel can be booked for a wedding. Please contact Alison and she can give you the definitive answer.

5. Unfortunately, we will not have a Ladies Kit this year. The problem stems from the lateness of the Nike signing. I have explained why the contract was late in signing before...simply a matter of getting out of the Hummel contract. Nike could only make a certain number of kits this year and have them out in time for season. We will have ladies kit next year.

6. There are no plans to improve dug out seats. MON says no.

7. We do not pick refs. This guy was a wee bit off.

8. No plans currently for logo on stands. We may be doing something else with that space.

9. I spoke with Nicky Keye re. SC and problems. She was well aware of the issue. Problems were as indicated....SC not recognizing differrent seat. She indicates everything will be sorted by this weekend.

10. There are no plans to allow fans to exit stadium at half-time for a smoke. There should be NO smoking in the loos. It will end up cost the Club alot of money if that is allowed to continue. I will notify security that this was an issue. It took me 7 hours and 15 minutes to fly to the US...NO smoking on the flight. Fans should be able to handle 2 hours of no smoking. We have no other recourse...smoking is not allowed.

11. Holte Suite will be refurbished this year.

12. Local laws dictate that we close the drink shutters a period of time before kick-off at beginning of game and half-time.

13. PA System still needs work. We have the screens fixed but need to get PA system working properly

14. It is not feasible to have free postage to Australia.

15. Black Training Kit that appears pink. I have notified John Greenfield of this issue...he will look into it. He was unaware of the problem.

16 We were laughing at the man in the suit too....not sure what his role was...perhaps the physio.

Hi General...

I ordered my Season Ticket a couple of weeks ago and still haven't received it. I'm starting to get a bit twitchy with the postal strikes etc. and am worried that it may not be with me (and any others?) in time for Saturday. Will the club be announcing any contingency plans for fans who do not receive their cards in time for Saturday?

Cheers

12. Local laws dictate that we close the drink shutters a period of time before kick-off at beginning of game and half-time.

General, can we please make sure that the stewards adhere to the timzones allocated then, rather than trimming them for the sake of it.

On more than one occasion, the bars have been shut 20 mins before the start of a game, I know because I had a discussion with one of the senior stewards, a young lady in the UpperHolte, who in the end said to me, and I'll quote "I decide when the shutters come down".

Has the cub looked into challenging this bye-law?

I understand the impossibility of arranging free shipping to Australia and elsewhere, but from previous experience I have been crucified when trying to get items shipped here to the US as well. Perhaps the club could make arrangements with a couple of small sports stores in different regions who could drop-ship the goods when an order comes in on the main site. With the rebirth of Villa and the increasing interest in the club couple with the exceptional range of goods being produced by Nike I'm sure there will be a lot of international orders in the next year and the excessive shipping will really hurt the fans.

TSV (and General) - couldn't the local supporters groups get some sort of preferential rate? - Any supporters group that are recognised by the club and the ordering is done through them?

TSV (and General) - couldn't the local supporters groups get some sort of preferential rate? - Any supporters group that are recognised by the club and the ordering is done through them?

Yes Drat I believe we get a 10% discount (Not entirely sure, need to check) but I believe that the discount still wouldn't make a dent on the shipping fees. As it turn out for us a little store just out side NY has a delivery of new Nike gear that will go on sale launch day, we will probably buy our stuff there because even with the inflated US price coupled with loss of our discount it may still be cheaper than ording from Brum with shipping.

8. No plans currently for logo on stands. We may be doing something else with that space.

Perhaps something like at Preston North End...Where they have images of past club heroes adorning their stands...

preston41.jpg

Perhaps something like at Preston North End...Where they have images of past club heroes adorning their stands...
I was originally on about the edge of the roofing for the stands.

Confirming earlier comments re the "Express" Beer queues in the Upper Trinity.Last year would take approx 5 mins max. Against Inter 17 minutes !!!!!! 2minutes before half time whistle until exactly half time...missed the Laursen goal + first 10 minutes of second half. Theres going to be an even bigger attendence for Liverpool ,I hope it will be better BUT I have my doubts.

Confirming earlier comments re the "Express" Beer queues in the Upper Trinity.Last year would take approx 5 mins max. Against Inter 17 minutes !!!!!! 2minutes before half time whistle until exactly half time...missed the Laursen goal + first 10 minutes of second half. Theres going to be an even bigger attendence for Liverpool ,I hope it will be better BUT I have my doubts.

Bottled beer! thats the answer i thinks

4. I am almost certain that the Holte Hotel can be booked for a wedding. Please contact Alison and she can give you the definitive answer.

If they cant get beer and pies on a matchday would you trust them with a wedding??

preston41.jpg

With respect, that's horrific.

Please General none of this tacky tasteless nonsense. Villa Park should never be defaced by having someones face adorning the seats, no matter how great they were for our club.