General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hey Gen!

I had the same problem with my SC! I was followed by a group of about 20 with the same problem but everyone did vacate their usual seats for the game, so does the Stand Exchange option on the SC's actually work???

I have to applaud you guys, the Holte Hotel and the new Signage is fantastic, i went to VP about 2 hours b4 kick-off to take a good look around and you guys have really put extra quality into an already quality stadium.

Went to the game today and the whole game experience for me has improved 110%! (OK the score helped!!!)

Thanks for listening to our thoughts General!!!!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

Can nothing be done to allow smokers outside at half time?

Surely there could be a designated exit in each stand where some kind of paper ticket (like the Holte suite) or a 'hand stamp' (like nightclubs are doing), so people can quickly nip out?

I would have thought it wil put a lot of people off going in the ground early, and the current situation just means people are going in the toilets to smoke!!

I agree totally with this statement!!! Maybe instead of stamping hands etc. use the retained part of the ticket to re-allow entry. I didnt really fancy going in the toliets todya as, from what im hearing, id probably have kneeled over backwards with my asthma :lol:

General......I know you have some clout so can you find out why the Ramseys bar ran out of ALL draught beer befire four o'clock????

We had to go to another kiosk for a drink, and eventually ended up with a bottle of lager thanks to my mate arguing with the staff, who were refusing to serve even though we had queued for 20 minutes.

I thought this type of balls up was a thing of the past......can't think of any good reason why the main bar in the Holte would run out of beer on the first game of the season.

Thanks.

Rob

General,

I met you today when you asked if my mates daughter enjoyed her day. Thanks for taking the time to come over, thanks for shaking my hand and thanks for all you've done at the club!!

You are a Leg End!!!!!

Up the Villa!!!!

Hey Gen!

I had the same problem with my SC! I was followed by a group of about 20 with the same problem but everyone did vacate their usual seats for the game, so does the Stand Exchange option on the SC's actually work???

I have to applaud you guys, the Holte Hotel and the new Signage is fantastic, i went to VP about 2 hours b4 kick-off to take a good look around and you guys have really put extra quality into an already quality stadium.

Went to the game today and the whole game experience for me has improved 110%! (OK the score helped!!!)

Thanks for listening to our thoughts General!!!!

General,

My mate and I exchanged our SC seats from the Holte Upper to the Trinity lower today and bought two child ticket for some of our kids. I am pleased to say that our cards worked perfectly so this problem is not universal for exchanges.... which I guess might make it harder to fix.

Many thanks to all at the club for a great day today!

Hi General,

Despite my pre-match thoughts, I actually enjoyed the game today, partly due to going with no expectations of achieving anything whatsoever. So nice there - it's only a pre season game but a victory against any Inter Milan team is a good one.

Just thought I'd pass on my little experience with the new season ticket card. I walked into my usual door, slid the card in and out as was shown in the literature and got the dreaded red light. I think a few people outside must have had the same problem. The woman behind the counter didn't really seem to know what was going on and told me i needed to see a supervisor, who, i was reliable informed "would be wearing a coat"!

So I just went into the next kiosk and tried again, and it worked perfectly. I guess I was just inserting it in wrong, but the turnstile operators in the Trinity fdidn't seem to be all clued up.

And on a second point - can you explain the advatages over paper tickets this new system has?

Hi General,

Great game today and i have to say the whole match day experience has changed for the better. For some reason the screen looked better and had better angles on the goals, the pitch looked great and the new advertising boards have brought us into the 21st century,

Though i do i have to complain about where my experience was bad. Half time walking into the toilets to find there were more smokers in there than people using the toilet. A steward came in but said nothing! As has been mention there could be large fines for this. As for the smokers just wait till the end as this is how it is everywhere now!

The food at half time was abysmal and the service worse than ever. After going on the food tasting day i was telling my mates how good the food was and it turned out to be the usual rubbish.

When i complained to Villa about the kiosk staff, i never thought they would just make it worse by replacing them with people who could not understand English. I am a great admirer of the work the polish do but i think at Villa park it does not work.

There was chaos at the kiosks in the upper Holte where i was due the language barrier. I myself ordered a coke and chips and curry. I got Lucozade and a pie :roll: This i observed all the time i was queuing though i could not condone the abuse some of the fans were giving in frustration and they should be ashamed of themselves :evil:

Lots of positives General but not there. Great game though.

General Krulak here:

1. We are currently working on a "re-sale" scheme that will be legal and beneficial to all concerned.

2. Ticket issue with phones: Because we did not want Liverpool fans sitting "around the stadium", we did not put any on ticketmaster or any other general sale capability. All sales had to come thru Villa Ticketing folks. For the first time in a LOOOONG time, our stadium will be filled with our fans....and Liverpool fans will be "relegated" to a specific section in the park

General, that's great news. Unfortunately, due to the nature of their fans and those of Manure, they tend to hunt down tickets that should be reserved for long standing Villa customers. TicketMaster would sell to anyone.

General......I know you have some clout so can you find out why the Ramseys bar ran out of ALL draught beer befire four o'clock????

We had to go to another kiosk for a drink, and eventually ended up with a bottle of lager thanks to my mate arguing with the staff, who were refusing to serve even though we had queued for 20 minutes.

I thought this type of balls up was a thing of the past......can't think of any good reason why the main bar in the Holte would run out of beer on the first game of the season.

Thanks.

Rob

As a normal Holtender, this is something similar to what I've asked in the past. I was in the Trinity today and the serving points that were so-called "express" were nothing of the sort, and finely managed to get a drink and in turn miss Laursens goal.

A few of points:

1. General, there are some grounds that allocate drinking time prior to the match, right up to kick off. How come we don't have that at Villa? Someone mentioned to me that it is a local bye-law - is this true?

2. At Edgbaston and New Road Worcester, there are a succession of multi-pulls to deal with a rush between the breaks in the Cricket. Villa have one in Ramseys - one! Can this be addressed?

3. Why do the stewards also have this incessant need to get the shutters down prior to the start of the second half. This antagonises a lot of people, especially when they have waited 10 mins or more to get a beer, and then see that their opportunity to get one starting to fade.

I've asked this before, not sure whether this was on here or H&V. I know that there are more pressing things at hand, but I know that it cheeses off quite a few people, not only myself.

Noticed you have gone to Carlsberg Yuk! :D I used to work for them and they are very experianced in dealing with issues like this as they do all the festivals including Glastonbury.

One of things they did was supply a multi pump which fills about 5 pints at a time. Hope this helps.

Hi General

I can only confirm some posts already made. I am a ST holder in DE stand - great game, great day but many teething problems, and many things I expected to be sorted.

Food was still crap, although SLIGHTLY more variety. Great that they now do half-pints of beer (my seven stone missus can't drink a pint!!!). The card reader on the turnstile had packed up altogether and the operator was just waving EVERYONE through!

The queues for food and beer were still awful - there is also now a new rule where I can't order hot food from beer seller, so I had to queue for 10 mins to get beer, then join another queue two yards away for food!

Didn't see anyone smoking in toilets, thankfully.

Hope this is useful feedback. Please keep up the good work.

Genereal,

A big thank you to whoever decided that the large screens would show the teams/stats during the match and not some non descript adverts.

I always thought that their screening in previous years showed us up as a small minded money grabbing club trying to squeeze every last penny - yesterday I was able to glance up and see who No. x was for Inter without having to find my programme etc. plus the details of the bookings were readily at hand. Just think that it is so much more "professional".

Thanks

General

I enjoyed the game yesterday, but the loud speaker system in DE upper was still very poor and as this is the means of passing instructions in the case of an emergence (Health & Safety) then something should be done.

We sit in the seats next to the TV camera platform TT132/133.

Sorry to be negative but I believe this is important.

General - I recently complained about the premium rate phone numbers you have to use to contact Villa.......looked in yesterdays programme and they are now all either local calls or free 0800!!

fantastic, well done once again!

Hi General, I second Fredm comments re the screens, much better. Food situation was poor. Even before the game they'd run out of 2 sorts of pies, the staff were very poor, having had no training what so ever, certainly in the Lower Holte. Certainly didn't spoil my day though. High expectations for a strong season.

I'm a season ticket holder in the Holte but went in the lower trinity for inter.

I thought the service was very poor.

I left my seat 5 minutes before half time to get a pint. About ten people already in the queue. When I finally got to the front I asked for a pint of lager, she said they ain't got any and said we have bottles. I said "what" press the button, she called another person over who told her to press the button. It was laughable! So I eventually got my pint, despite being told that they didn't have any. The queue was now massive (not much of drink express lane, as they called it), felt sorry for the folks in it.

They need to be pouring about 15 pints just before half time, it would speed things up immensely, its what they've always done in the holte.

General,

Just a quick query on the Villa Direct online megastore. I am from Australia and was placing an order to get the new home and away kits but noticed that postage for the items would be 11.95pounds, which is quite expensive. Then noticed that on all orders over 75pounds would be postage free inside the UK.

Wondered if this would be possible to apply to worldwide orders?

Much appreciated,

Smitta

Hi General,

Not sure if this has already been raised or not but RE the black training kit:

i recall you saying that measures were being put into place to ensure the colours

remained consistent in all things villa as part of the "Branding" process.

Unfortunately the black training kits i have seen on sale here in Ireland are

decidedly PINK and far from the claret of the other merchandise! Whether this is

an early batch issue or not i am not sure but to be honest it looks really bad when

taking into perspective the things that have already been said about such matters.

But on a lighter note - thanks for your input and for putting many of of fears and issues4

to bed! Keep up the good work!!!