General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

2. Randy did not open the Holte Hotel because he thought he would make loads of money. He opened it to show the Fans and the Community that he was sincere about restoring the ethos and traditions of this great Club. How often during the week the Holte is open and what the hours will be are still to be determined. Our sense is that we will have to subsidise the running of it. Parking will be available on the grounds.

Don't worry General, if I and other VT'ers have our thirsty way, you won't need to subsidise the Holte Hotel for too long. I think of it as giving something back (even if it's only my liver.)

:D

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

general krulak here:

Likewise, Randy and I have access to other security information that will allow us to reinforce security when required.

Do we have a "Situation Room" in a bunker under Trinity Road? :D

Sorry, I'm having a West Wing day today..

Hiya General

Can I run an isea past you, and if you, and the other fans agree, could you pass onto whomever is responsible please.

One of the threads on this site is "what music should we come out to" a debate everyone has had for years ever since some clown took away all the historical songs and replaced it with the A-Team !!

Although the tracks differ, virtually all come up with either the classical or rock genre, Sabbath, Prokofiev, Motorhead, Elgar etc.....

I've had a brainwave I reckon (so if you wanna give me a job in the marketing dept, please feel free !!)

Who are two of our most famous fans ???? - Nigel Kennedy and Black Sabbath !!!

Can't we approach them to compose a "rock opera" anthem for us to use as our official club theme for marketing material as well as the "running out music".

Once they've composed it, it can be copyrighted under an artist name and the title (thats easy - Villa - Proud History / Bright Future)

It would then be an "official Villa anthem which no one can claim and if our goal is acheieved - could be associated with us throughout the world in the same way you'll never walk alone is with the Scousers !!!!

What do you think ???

general krulak here:

1. paulanddonya: a very interesting "mix". again, i would love to see the idea of a song taken up by the Supporter's Group vice the leadership of the club dictating a song.

2. no situation room under the trinity but...lots of "old friends" who keep us posted.

General

Are there any jobs going for Scouts at AVFC? There are a few people who think they would do a better job than our current ones! People get off the clubs back about transfers, take a look at WHUFC chairman he loves the limelight, were professional in terms of business being done behind closed doors and only announced when we have

something to announce? But i would be interested in being a scout lol

2. no situation room under the trinity but...lots of "old friends" who keep us posted.

men in the know!!! how good is that!!

i know this may be a silly question knowing how randy likes to keep a low profile! BUT. (and there is always one!)

would the new board be planning or prepared to do a Q&A with the fans? maybe a night at the holte?? Obviously Randy may not as he likes his privacy. but you, Richard Fitzgerald, Maybe MON??

Just a thought. Thanks for everything! :winkold:

I thin securitywise we may be the most secure club going. Speaking from what my brothers wife tells me of what her uncle in the FBI at J Edgar Hoover headquarters in Washington says (don't worry general, nothing that would risk national security just that in a way you never really leave the service), you never really lose touch with your 'old friends'. Having a director that has the security links the general has, I'd say Villa Park could literally be the fortress we all talk about.

A tad early I know but can I wish Randy and his family, and yourself and yours a happy July 4th Independence Day.

Hi General,

The Holte Hotel looks fantastic from the photos on the official site. One minor point though, are there any plans to remove the rather ugly (& very bent) metal railings on the footpath in front of the Hotel which spoil an otherwide magnificent view.

Happy 4th of July.

Hi General,

Firstly let me express my backing of the prices of the shirt. You may hear some criticism but I think many understand that the prices are standard and competetive. Plus the ST discount is there for added incentive.

Down to business. Is it possible that you could elaborate on the release date of this season's away kit? We all have some idea of what it will look like, and you yourself have told us that you're very pleased with the design. But to release the kit on 7th September, by which time we will have played 5 games, 2 away from home, is in my opinion shooting ourselves in the foot. Less will get sold, and these kits have less longevity as away tops are normally re-designed every season, so need to be given the biggest oppurtunity while the kits are 'in date'.

Of course there is probably some clever plan in place that counters this, but for the life of me, and my non-marketing mind I can't figure out what it is. Could you please fill us in?

Thank you Sir

Tom

:D

General - Not sure if this has been asked already but do you know when we can expect the new website to be up and running? Love the sneak preview of the new kit by the way, it's looking good but stop teasing us already! lol

happy 4th of July for tomorrow

General krulak here:

1. ST sales continue to exceed last year at this time and, more importantly, expectations.

2. I have not heard any requirement for more Scouts for our Club.

3. Q&A with Fans. We may be able to make something like that happen..let me look into it.

4. I am THE eternal optimist so asking me where we are going to place next year and if we are going to get Silverware is bound to get you too wound up!!!

5. let me try again with the kits. we did a deal with Nike "late in the game." it is a great partnership and we are VERY happy with them. at the same time, our place in the queue for producing the kit...home and away...was at the end when compared to clubs who were already partner'd with Nike (around the world.) as a result, we are getting our home and away kits for players in good time but to get sufficient kits to put on the shelves is another matter. we and Nike are doing the best we can...and it is worth the wait because of the quality of the partnership. yes, we may lose a bit of money but the quality of the partnership, over the years, is what is important.

6. Clubs have zero real impact on TV kick-off times.

G.K. are there any plans to get local schools (i.e. West Midlands area) more involved in the AVFC experience? Sorry if I've upset you with any previously deleted posts.

What (if any) are the future plans for the AV ladies squad? One of my proteges is a regular.

With regard to H-T entertainment, could we adopt an excellent idea from the Dingles? One fan from each team given a 'countdown' from ten to zero in order to run (possibly blindfolded?) from the half-way line and put the ball into the back of the net?

For us: 10........9........8........7........6........5........4........3........2.......1........0

For them: 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1.0

3 posts merged into one. blandy

General

I've studied on the Website regarding Corporate Sales and events... and cant really find the answers I am looking for....

I am keen to set up some Corporate Days at VP next year in the way of rewarding my High Achieving staff, but my CEO (Like all of them) is very cost conscious, and isnt keen on spending £100's of pounds on a couple of Corporate tickets which would enable us to entertain our staff with a meal and a programme....

Are there any plans to introduce tiered Corporate packages this season... whilst I appreciate that the KPMGs of this world are the obvious target market, local businesses are also keen to get in on the act but dont have KMPGs budget..!!

Thanks!