General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, GerryHitchens is right that the correct shade of claret is absolutely vital on 99% of all things Villa, especially kit (and other imagewear) and the crest and stadium decor. This free DVD came with a box and 'brand book' which, in my opinion, are spot on with the shade of claret. My DVD spent less than 5 seconds out of its sleeve before it disappeared into my DVD player in eager anticipation. After watching it for a few more times, it will be quickly placed back into its protective (claret) sleeve for safe keeping until I need my next Villa 'pick me up'. The DVD could be lime green for all I care!

General, thank you and the rest of Randy's team for this excellent production. :D

GerryHitchens, I guess we will have to disagree as to exactly how minor this point is. :P

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my tickets and hotel sorted for columbus. "the crew" said that they would like to arrange a post game party for the fans, with club representatives in attendance. Certainly for the fans living in the U.S. and not able to get to the games like we used to, it would be the icing on the cake. If the opportunity arose it would be a great privelege to meet you General.

I'd like to thank nyvillans for a greatjob of keeping the fans stateside well informed of ticket and hotel information.

Seconded.

Make sure you have a designated driver, though, if you do go to the post-game party. The number of drinks that will be bought for you will be staggering (as I suspect you will be!).

General, Sir

Im going to sea next week for 3 months , with next to no communication with the outside world for all that time , do you reckon we'll have a new signing in by the end of next week ?

How different do you think our team will be when i get back ?

2. I don't think I should talk about MON and where he might have traveled and whether he might be announcing players deals before transfer. This is really in the baliwick of MON and I am not sure he would want any of us discussing this over the web site.....

4. During the previous transfer window, I received hundreds of questions re. who? what? when? and where? I tried to be very clear that this was strictly between MON and Randy....that no one else is involved. MON knows what the team needs, both short and long term, he knows where they are located and availability. Randy is there to support MON...not to weigh in on who? For me to even BEGIN to pass information on this site or any other would NOT be right or proper. Sooooo....this is one type of question that I am not going to answer.

Please read what the General has said on this, and respect his wish. thanks, blandy

General, as the poster who originally suggested Land of Hope and Glory and even posted amended words incuding Bright future and Proud History, I have to say that after watching the DVD that came with the promotional pack I was blown away with the gladiatorial and emotive soundtrack.

Now I'm totally happy to sit back and leave our anthem and songs in the hands of the Villa experts who made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up for ten amazing minutes yesterday. My thanks and gratitude to all concerned General.

general

on a visit to villa park today i drove round to have a look at the holte hotel an amazing sight to see it back in its glory but some low life bluenose who must be labouring there has daubed bcfc on the window inside can you pls get the site manager to remove this as i found it offensive

thx for putting the roar and pride back

general

on a visit to villa park today i drove round to have a look at the holte hotel an amazing sight to see it back in its glory but some low life bluenose who must be labouring there has daubed bcfc on the window inside can you pls get the site manager to remove this as i found it offensive

Unusual, looking at their latest new kit it seems they've taken to daubing FC across the front of their own shirts.

General, I reckon an old fashioned style juke box would go down well in Holte Hotel.

Especially if it had Villa classics like Ghostriders in the sky, there's plenty of villa songs to put on it. "Come on you Villa" album by Cherryred Records Ltd 1996 aint bad.

general

It probably was the site manager as he is a bluenose (was in Evening Mail yesterday I think)

Hello General. Would just like to add my appreciation along with the other comments made about the dvd. It is absolutely fantastic! The club have obviously put a lot of effort and expense into the making of it and it really has paid off.

Inspirational, really cannot wait for season to start now!

Hello General, sir.

I wondered if anyone from the new board had had any contact with the board at Birmingham - even just to say "hello, we're your new daddy's" or something similar :lol:

The previous board/chairman seemed to have a decent relationship with their board, and I wondered if Lord Randy intended to be nice to our retarded cousins - especially as their board have done nothing but make cheap comments about our club since you took over.

UTV

General Krulak here:

1. The DVD. Thank you for all the kind remarks. Remember, the idea was generated off of a "post" on one of the fan web-sites....the Fans DO have an impact on the Club. I got the "post", gave it to Richard, and it happened. Thanks to you all as well as the Club.

2. Yes, Randy and I will be a pre-season matches unless an emergency arises.

3. Meet with Randy and some players after a game on the tour. That sounds like a good idea...let me see what can be done. Remember, Randy is very humble and any "God treatment" would scare him away. He is just a good man, trying to do what is right...no airs, no fuss.

4. The open training day at Villa Park was MON's idea and I am sure he has another one scheduled this year.

5. The change in kit. This is a tough issue right now because of the new arrangement with Nike, the sponsorship issue, etc. etc. I think that when things "settle down", we will look hard at this. Obviously I understand exactly where you are coming from on this issue. You have a good point.

6. I am sorry but I just cannot speculate or comment on signings.

7. Pink vs Claret. Quality Control is a key...we need to get it right. Obviously, we have some "providers" who still need some training in colors!!

8. North End will undergo some refurbishment over the summer but not to the extent that it will solve the concourse and toilet issues.

9. The song. Again, let me see if I can get this moving. Julie B....we may well take you up on your offer.

10. I think we are all pretty happy with the way the past season started and ended. The middle was a bit sketchy. My sense is that MON needed the time to get the Squad playing together and add a few necessary folks. The Club was basically where we thought it was when Randy made his purchase. We did our "due diligence" so were not surprised by anything of a large nature.

General

MEETING FANS ON TOUR (Point 3 above)

Columbus Crew have told some of us that have already purchased tickets that they intend to have an after game celebration/party and they hope to invite some of the Aston Villa players (apparantly it worked well with Everton last year) Maybe you could point the person at the Club that takes care of such things in the direction of Columbus Crew people. Be great if the whole team showed up.

General,

I would just like to offer my praise for the ticket office.

I have just rang to renew mine and my brothers tickets, and did so with ease.

also I enquired about a ST for my son who is 4 and this was also no problem.

I just need to take his passport in tommorow and job done!

No forms or junk to fill in, just a 2 minute phone call!

Brilliant!

General, Forgive me if this has already been asked but it was mentioned that Villa will make efforts to make match day better for the fans in that it wont just be a 90 min experience. What plans have you to do this?

Villa fans are a special breed and after years of discontent i'm sure i can speak for everyone that we will give you confidence in increasing the capacity of Villa Park in the years ahead.

Dave

1. The DVD. Thank you for all the kind remarks. Remember, the idea was generated off of a "post" on one of the fan web-sites....the Fans DO have an impact on the Club. I got the "post", gave it to Richard, and it happened. Thanks to you all as well as the Club.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any chance for non ST-holders to buy that DVD or the whole package on the OS in the future? It seems to be a more than great DVD to get. :nod:

Pelle

General krulak here:

1. Match Day Experience. This is something that Randy has been concerned about since taking over the Club. He would like Match Day to have "something for everyone." He would love for fans to arrive early, have a chance to enjoy Villa Park with friends and/or family...to have it "customer friendly". The Holte Hotel is a beginning....to have a place to come and get a pint...a place to enjoy the outside both as a parent and a fan. Children friendly areas are a must. Better, healthier and more accessable food. In the US, when folks come to a game, they spend time in and around the park...just having fun. We need to find a way to bring that attitude to Villa Park. It certainly makes getting in and out of the Park much easier.

2. We will see about the DVD and Package.

General krulak here:

1. Match Day Experience. This is something that Randy has been concerned about since taking over the Club. He would like Match Day to have "something for everyone." He would love for fans to arrive early, have a chance to enjoy Villa Park with friends and/or family...to have it "customer friendly". The Holte Hotel is a beginning....to have a place to come and get a pint...a place to enjoy the outside both as a parent and a fan. Children friendly areas are a must. Better, healthier and more accessable food. In the US, when folks come to a game, they spend time in and around the park...just having fun. We need to find a way to bring that attitude to Villa Park. It certainly makes getting in and out of the Park much easier.

Sounds fantastic General, I can't wait.

Once again I'd like to offer my praise to the ticket office staff, very helpful, friendly and polite today!

Many thanks for the reply General.

I visit St Paul a lot and go to see Vikings games., i look at the pre match stuff and wish that that sort of atmosphere could be created but in our own little way.

I wonder if the park across the road could be used for something maybe? Maybe one of the mods could start a post to raise some ideas for the management at Villa to consider?

Dave

Theres nothing to stop you starting one yourself! - lazy git ;) Bicks

Hi, Rambo!

I love this breath of fresh air that is currently at the club.

Regarding the DVD/Book package, am I the only one who has not received a copy? I've been a ST holder in the Upper Holte for the last 10 years and renewed for the coming season in mid-May. I was just wondering what the schedule was for sending the packages out as I'd love to read and watch what everyone else is raving on about.

Whilst attending a non-Villa related event at VP, I was extremely impressed with the organisation of things (apart from one lady who was very unprofessional) but ultimately disappointed with the standard of catering for lunch. Now, I'm quite aware that this is non-Villa as such and may come across as being rather petty, but it did reflect quite badly and numerous comments were made about the poor quality on offer.

I'd also like to add that the photographs and prints on the walls of the corridors inside the Trinity impressed so many attendees, even a fan of the club from down the road.

General Krulak here:

9. The song. Again, let me see if I can get this moving. Julie B....we may well take you up on your offer.

General - Many thanks for your reply- will be happy to help in any way I can.

As regards Match day experience ,I know American Football is different, but I was lucky enough to go to Cleveland & Ohio Sept 2005. I have a firend who is mad Brown's fan and a Sportswriter. The Browns didn't have a game while I was there, so I was taken to the Ohio State Buckeyes game V Iowa in Columbus and it was quite an experience. It wasn't just a few hours out, people went for a whole day! There were BBQs, Pic Nics in the car park. The OSU band skulls and performance in the morning and on the pitch before the game was something else too. I can't see all this ever being adopted in the UK for a soccer match at Villa Park, but I was impressed the fact that there was an awful lot going on to keep everyone happy. The refurbishment of the Holte Hotel looks great and I'm sure will be a huge success with the fans.

Again many thanks for all the hard work!