General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

I coudln't make the Rotterdam '82 night tonight but I heard someone mention a testimonial for the team. Is it possible for something to be arranged. I think it's a cracking idea and, well I don't think the new Wembley, let alone Villa Park, would be big enough but my gosh you'd get a full house and then some for that game!

Sorry to mention the badge but I do have a question related to it...

My own opinion is that I am growing to like it but I just wondered what your thoughts are of the reaction the new badge has gotten from sites such as these? Particularly the comments from the professional designer on the frint page of VT?

Personally whilst it may not have been what I expected I think that it shows we are making a new start and looking to the future... a bright future indeed!!

General,

What a fantastic day today...I wish I could have been there...congrats to you and everyone involved.

I'd wonder if you can suggest a commemorative DVD of the entire day today. It looked magic from beginning to end...

My order would be a certainty as would many others I'm sure.

Thanks!

I'm glad those who were there (I'm very jealous!) managed to show Randy just what we think of him and everyone else involved with our club.

"One Randy Lerner, there's only one Randy Lerner".

General, don't be surprised to hear your name chanted around Villa Park next season as you too are thought about as highly as Randy!

Now all we need is a "one General Krulak, there's only one General Krulak" and everyone's happy :)

Could you tell us how Randy felt about the day? I can imagine (and hope!) that he was touched and thoroughly enjoyed himself!

Thankyou once again Sir!

General,

I couldn't make the game today through to illness (sorry Seb - Belgian supporters club), but watching it on TV they had a shot of the 82 squad which panned across to yourself and fellow directors and Randy in the box, all with your scarves on as the fans chanted 'THERE'S ONLY ONE RANDY LERNER!'

This really brought a lump to my throat and a real sense of pride. I was wondering how yourself, fellow directors, the 82 squad and most importantly Randy felt at the gesture of acceptance and support from the supporters, especially as it seems other clubs with foreign (sorry no offence), let alone American owners seem to be slightly hostile. You all really proud and joyess to be there today!

Stew.

PS - Pride does not even cover today, nor dos class. Randy, yourself, the rest of the board, Martin and his staff have show true class so far. I will admit I do not like the new badge, but to everything right is not human, and forgiveness of faults is even more so. GOd bless you all, and thank you for your involvement in this great club.

Just like to say a very big thank you for the whole day today, it was magical and made even better by the lads turning in our biggest win of the season. Really appreciate all the effort that you and the other directors have put in to organise the day. It made the hairs on my neck stand up and im sure silverware for Aston Villa is just around the corner. We ARE going places! Thank you!

General Krulak here:

1. Either I wrote the wrong reply or someone read my answer wrong...the new Badge will NOT be on the scarf. We could not put it on the scarf because it would have become "public" way before intended.

You little fibber!

all I would say General is that today was fantastic everything I wanted from the previous regime was there and nicely done.

the scarves were fantastic and the new badge looks great on them and can I say where I sit (well stood all game) I never heard one person mention it

What a great day General. Many thanks to yourself, Randy and the board for getting the '82' team together. It was an emotional occassion. Do you have any feedback on how they felt when they walked on the pitch to the reaction they received?

Also I'd like to add that I have never known another club sing for their Chairman. This is how much of an impact he has made at the club. Also thanks for the scarves, it was a nice surprise to see the new badge on there. :D

Thank you general and make sure you thank the board and most importantly Randy!

You lot made today the best day ive ever had at villa park. The best ive ever had as a villa fan!!

absolutely, bloody fantastic!!!!!

What a great day.

The whole day has been top quality, scarves, 82 team and a 3-0 win.

General, you guys have not put a foot wrong! Long may it continue.

Pride and passion, back at villa park.

Bloody fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

General and mods

Apologies, I think this, for a little while at least, is going to turn in to a congratulations thread. Today was....perfect, the atmosphere was fantastic, the result brilliant. You should feel justly proud that you made possible a truly memorable day at VP that people will say "I was there". I am seriously impressed with the level of respect that Randy, yourself and all the new administration have for Aston Villa.

What a great day!

Brilliant day today. The scarves are fantastic, the atmosphere was great and the chants for Randy were brilliant. With the 82 squad coming out and the scarf waving - it was awesome and quite emotional. Thanks General and thanks to Randy and all of you. Thank god we have you. :hooray: :notworthy:

WOW!

What an awsome day! I loved every minute of the match, i thought the whole thing was amazing. Id probably go as far as saying that i enjoyed that match more than any that ive ever been to. The scarves are excellent, the team was simply immense from start to finish and the whole set up was superb. Well done to everyone involved and thank you randy and the general.

You know, im actually warming to the badge.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumb::thumb::thumb: