General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. Scarves. We anticipate having approximately 2500 scarves after we give them out at the Sheff Utd game. We are currently thinking through the best way to distribute those scarves...the most fair and impartial manner. Competition is an interesting thought but who has the time to read all the essays??? Nicky Keye will be asked to "brainstorm" some ideas.

Local schools, and children's hospitals is the only way i think.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

This is the first time I have posted a comment to you, sorry for the delay but I am still amazed at all the changes that Randy and your team have made so far and will continue to make in the future. It is certainly true 'actions do speak louder than words'

Re: the scarves, what about selling them on a first come first served basis with the proceeds going to a local childrens charity.

Ok General. Us Villa fans have drawn a blank so now it's your turn to hopefully come to the rescue.

When the players run out on to the pitch there is a short brass fanfare tune played (after the 5-4-3-2-1 Thunderbirds countdown).

Like many people, I'd really like to know what this tune is. Was it made specifically for the club? Is it part of another piece of music? Is there anywhere where we might be able to download the music?

Obviously I'm not expecting you to know the answer off the top of your head but who better to find out for us?! :)

I'd also like to point out that if it were available as a ringtone via the website (or licensed to an existing ringtone provider) i'm sure it would be popular.

If you don't know the answers, but you know who best to contact, please let me know.

Cheers.

Hi General hope all is well, I have a request that Im sure has the backing of every single Villa fan on the planet..

I know youve said Randy is a quiet, reserved character who doesnt desire the adulation of the crowds. However as Im sure you know by now Aston Villa is a massive part of our lives which had slowly been erroded away by the past regime. Randy (and the new board and Martin of course) has given us our club back and it means so much to us all..

My request is that Randy enables the fans to show how much we treasure him. I would love to se him on the pitch at the Sheff Utd game so the crowd can voice there support. I know Randy doesnt want the fan fare, but he wants to give the villa fans what they want and believe me the villa fans want to show there respect and gratitude for what he has done for us..

Please mention this to him, we want to make sure he knows how much we appreciate him...it would be good to see you out there on the pitch too General...

thanks for your time

hear hear, he would certainly get a standing ovation.

Can you give him a nudge General? :)

On that note, I would also love your good self General to make the pitch - you've been a great liason between us (as in the fans) and Randy and have put our points forward, carefully considering our thoughts and generally looking after us very well indeed. You have already been thought of as a legendary gentleman around Villa Park and I would take great pleasure in applauding you and Randy on the pitch.

I don't post on this thread, I'm merely a reader but I would LOVE to be able to show my appreciation for the people involved in the new setup at Villa!

Just want to give Mr Lerner a right good clap, he's a real hero to us Villa fans, he has given us some pride back and shown us the light at the end of a very very dark tunnel!

Would love this to happen sometime soon.

Take Care General.

Hello General,

this is the first post i have done but with all the positive things happening at the club just felt i had to.

I am an exiled villan(Aston born and bred) who followed the villa from the Third Division days and was a season ticket holder for many years.

I now live and work in Spain and catch all the Villa games on sky and i am planning to come over next season for a couple of games(can't wait)

Even the village i live in is full of ex-pat glory hunters who have never been to old trafford etc,but i don,t care i wear my colours with pride knowing our time is comming,and i have even converted a couple of the locals from Barcelona to villa.

It's a great feeling being a villa fan again so would you give my best wishes to Randy and the board

Yes, please General, could yourself and Randy join the end of season lap? (and Mr Kain and all the other new top men of course)

General Krulak here:

1. Phil Mepham at Villa Park will be able to give the answer re. the music.

2. What can I say??? The possibility of getting either Randy or any of the Directors on the Pitch for the Sheff Utd game are about 0.0%. The reasons are really quite clear and I think you all will appreciate them. 1) This day is for the '82 Squad...no one wants to do anything to take away the glory of those lads. 2) Randy does shun publicity...and I certainly am not keen on it...and the concern with a visit to the Pitch is that the media would also shift their concentration from '82 Squad. This is something we do not want to do. If the fans want to show their appreciation to Randy, they can do that by a quick "Randy cheer."

Personally General I think that you and Randy and the other directors should stay very much where you are behind the scenes for this exact reason....

1) This day is for the '82 Squad...no one wants to do anything to take away the glory of those lads. 2) Randy does shun publicity...and I certainly am not keen on it...and the concern with a visit to the Pitch is that the media would also shift their concentration from '82 Squad. This is something we do not want to do

Whatever your good self and Randy decide General, I hope you realise we're all behind you 100%. It would be nice to see you both after the game on the pitch but if you aren't comfortable with that we'll just have to give you a big cheer in the stands instead :)

I think the General is getting mixed up? We don't mean for Randy to come out with the '82 team.

It is traditional for THIS seasons team/manager to do a lap of honor AFTER the last game of the season. This is when we mean for yourself and Randy to come out.

I don't mean to be crude, but how about we save this for when we actualy achieve something on the pitch?

Sorry if that sounds a bit blunt, but I don't like the idea. You and Randy stay where you are General.

if randy and yourself feel thatstrongly about it then theres nothing more to say, we wouldnt have wanted you to do it along with the 82 team but at a different time for the reasons you stated..

it would have been nice but i understand your reasons. Its just there was abit of sniping earlier in the season when we werent doing so well and I just wanted to make sure the new board know how much they are appreciated...

looks like it will have to be a full 90 minutes of 'theres only one Randy Lerner' belted from the Holte End :)

Gen (and Mods)

This question is along the same lines of one that has been asked 1000 times before but with a slightly different edge so I would plead not for it to be deleted as I think it is quite valid and would like to hear the gens thoughts on if the Villa could influence the other clubs.

here goes - 3pm kick offs again !!

You know the story, we all would prefer 3pm Saturday kick offs but sky dictate 4pm on Sunday due to it not effecting other attendances of the remaining games etc.. etc...

However, the last game of the season , in our case Bolton away, kicks off at 4pm on Sunday along with EVERY other game, and on that day some will be televised at the same time.

If this is the case - why can't the Premier League chairman negotiate that all games will be 3pm, Saturday and the televised games will be 3pm , Saturday !!!

there is no need for games to be kicked off at different times to suit TV companies when this clearly shows everyone can have the way they want !!!

I know people say "there is nothing the Villa can do" but our chairman (or representative) attends premier league meetings and this surely must be raised every time.

General Krulak here:

1. As I have said, many times before..I understand the frustration of change in times and days of games. Like I mentioned a few months ago, a change cost me a chunk of money when my non-refundable ticket went down the tube after a date change. We do lodge concerns with the League but thee is no getting around the importance of TV revenue. This happens all the time in the US. It would take a totally united front to make a change and I don't see that happening.

2. Did everyone see the fact that ManU upped their season ticket prices by 14%.

14%? Wow that's quite a hike.

How much is an 'ordinary' season ticket now at Old Trafford? I guess it's probably worth it if you're a United fan. If you can deliver us players of the class of Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs and Scholes every week General I should think Villa could get away with a 14% increase as well.

2. Did everyone see the fact that ManU upped their season ticket prices by 14%.

This is sounding like a party election broadcast ;). Seriously though, it is great to see the tickets have finally been frozen and hopefuly this can continue and maybe other clubs can compete because the away prices at some games are rather ridiculous.

General, I have to say the Man U hike is atonishing, but had our board upped the prices I would have been confident in the knowledge that it had been done for the good of the club, as you have all shown in all decisions you have taken thus far. I'm not sure the same can be said for Man U's current regime and I can only thank my lucky stars that we were blessed with the ownership we got.