General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

thanks for clarifying the situtation with regards to next years kit sponsors. The only gripe I have with 32red.com is the size in which the sponsor appears on the shirt. Is it possible to get it in 'proportion' with the shirt as a whole?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Unfortunately I will not be able to make the Sheffield game due to a holiday booked 2yrs ago!!

I was wondering, is there any way I can still get a scarf? It'd be great to wear it whilst watching the match in a Spanish bar..

I'm gutted I'll be missing the 25yr celebrations, it's the first home game I'll miss for 2 seasons!!!!!

I've got a question about our sponsor (32Red). General, I was wondering if you could let us know which logo will be on the new Villa top. I dislike the one from this current season, and feel it is too big and plain. Is there any chance of having their better logo (the one on their website)? It looks better, and still stands out. Thanks for your time.

General, if our striker Juan Pablo Angel is indeed to leave the club this summer, as seems likely, can we please ensure that we as fans are given an opportunity to express our gratitude to hm for his services to the club? I don't know if you have met him but by all accounts he is a true gentleman and one of the most popular Villa players in recent history and I think he deserves a rousing send-off.

Absolutely. He's had to deal with a lot since joining the Villa - without complaint - someone with a true affection for the club and not a player who deserves to disappear without getting the send off he deserves ala Ian Taylor!

Please General make this happen!

General, I too would like a scarf if possible . I live in Ireland and unfortunately won't be able to get over for the match. Would love to sit at home and watch the match wearing a lovely new scarf ! If not is there any chance any left over could be left in the club shop so I could pick one up when I am over the week after ?

OK the General will get the idea that we would collectively like to thank JPA in person. Those wishing to comment further with their memories please use the correct thread HERE and I will ensure that it is printed out and given to JPA

General Krulak here:

1. I am not sure what is planned for JPA at this point. I cannot imagine that he will just vanish without some recognition. If nothing else, in many way YOU, the FANS control this aspect of a tribute. If on his last game, you all make it special, he will walk away from Villa a happy man.

2. As you can imagine, the new kits are already being manufactured so the ability to impact the size or placement of the sponsor's name is already past.

2. As you can imagine, the new kits are already being manufactured so the ability to impact the size or placement of the sponsor's name is already past.

Did I read this right??? General sir, when will we see the kit? When can we buy it? Don't tell me I have to wing my way to asia just to get a sneaky peek at the design?

I seriously dont think you can over estimate the affection the fans have for Angel. I'm gutted he's gone. Really want him to know that he was more than just a player for us. Please make sure he leaves knowing how much the fans respected him. I don't remember ever feeling this sad to lose a player.

Have to agree with everything Cat says - if there's anything that can be done for us to say farewell to JPA, I think it may have to be at the Portsmouth game as it seems he could be off within two weeks. Hopefully, "our General" will be able to help something be sorted on this.

Hi General,

Just on the back of all the JPA praise, I have a small question to ask in relation to the website.

I was wondering if the video of "Juan says Farewell" would be able to be made public so that everybody can see it. It will give the younger fans in particular a chance to see how much this guy loves the club, and as you can see for yourself, how much we loved him. This I feel would be a nice gesture for all of JPA's fans, even though its not that long.

Thanks again.

Lombardo.

General Krulak here:

I have seen and appreciate the overwhelming support for JPA. I hope everyone knows that we all think highly of him...as a player and, more importantly, as a good person and great role model. Randy is VERY fond of JPA and how he conducts himself on and off the Pitch...as a consumate professional. Randy has been made aware of what is happening on this site...and others. It is important that we do the right thing.

Thanks for the reply General.

I was just wondering since us at villasweden are coming to see the game on sunday, if you know it's possible to say a few words to Juan at Bodymoore Heath on saturday (we were looking, or Steve Trueman I would say, at the possibilites to attend a traning on saturday), or is he in New York at that time perhaps?

Anyway, thanks for your time!

UP THE VILLA!

Hey General,

I was wondering if the Board have any plans to get some sort of membership scheme up and running at Villa. These are very popular with the football (Australian) teams here in Oz and could be another form of revenue raising at the Villa. It would be great as a Villa supported outside of England to be a member of the club as obviously having a season ticket is not possible.

Here most clubs have various categories of membership ranging from season ticket holders (automatic membership) to childrens memberships. Child membership here generally gets the child a skarf or the like as well as free tickets to 5 games which generally means the parents buy tickets to take their child. This could be a good way to promote the Villa to the younger generation. Most membership packages provide a quarterly magazine and pin / badge of the clubs emblem and year of membership that can be worn.

Each of the 16 national football clubs in Australia have at least 20,000 members of some form with the most be 50,000 paid up members. It could be quite popular considering that Aston Villa as set to become more known world wide.

This just something i had been considering as it would be great to be an international member and feel that i am contributing to the club from such a distance.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Donald Fisher

(Australia)

Dear gen.

I have a query which I believe is just your territory.

With Club TV channels now becoming the norm with the upper premier clubs, Man Utd TV, Chelsea TV and now Liverpool TV appearing on Sky (that one makes me laugh, instead of the national anthem being played at midnight - there will be a 2 minute silence !!! - sorry I digress)

Is there a plan for Villa to have a TV channel on Sky ??

I keep seeing AVTV at the back of MON when interviewed but from what I can understand this is just a rebrand of VillaWorld.

There used to be a radio station on sky - "The Villian" which folded (mind you, it was bloody awful so I am not surprised) - can you clarify the situation.

And one other (wanted to split them up)

I read the article Randy did in a US paper (won't pretend to understand it - went completely over my head) but the one thing he did say that I did understand was the "match day experience" - making it a day event rather than 2 hours.

This has always been something that I could never work out, the English way is - we want you at the ground at 2.50 and away by 5 !!! (well them were the days of 3pm kick off !!!).

The US way , from what I understand anyway is the longer you are there, the more money you spend - the more money you spend, the more profit the club makes !!.

I personally go to a pub, get there at about 12 - spend about £20 on beer which goes to the brewery - surely Villa want me to spend that with you.

therefore, are we gonna see more stuff at the ground. One of my mates goes to "rockingham" - this is something to do with off road biking / speedway or something like that - once the sport has finished a "gig" takes place, they have had 50 cent, Sugarbabes, Status Quo and others there.

Is this the way Villa will go ???

Also, had an idea about rewarding Season ticket holders - The speedway has just came back to Brum less that 500 yrds from the ground - how about having a tie-in with them !!

General Krulak here:

1. I am afraid I must bring you all some bad news. As it stands right now, JPA will be departing the UK for his new Club sometime this week. As I understand it, he will not be at the game. I do know that there will be a nice spread in the program and kinds words from all around but...he won't be here to step on the Pitch. He has been made aware of the strong positive feelings of the fans...he has been told of the comments on this site and others...he knows our admiration for him. As I understand it, he has a commitment to his new Club and, as you would expect from JPA, he will honour that commitment.

2. Re. the new home and away kit and the 32Red.com logo. I have seen the "mock kit" produced by Nike...the kit did not have the sponsor's logo on the shirt so I cannot answer the question. If I see it between now and release, I will let you all know. My sense is that 32Red.com will have a large say in what it looks like...so if they have "re-branded", then they may well have the new brand on the shirt.

3. Ticket scheme. Let me look into that one.