FIFA 13

GarethRDR

Yeah they try and keep it like a 'real' club allowing you to only join one, but it's just a game and you should be allowed. Other club I'm in has been pretty inactive lately though so I'll join soon I think. CDM or CB.

What are the differences between FIFA 13 and Football Manager? (I've never played either, but I'm interested in playing one of them)

What are the pros and cons of each, and which do you prefer?

TY

football manager will consume years of your life :)

but id say both can be as much as a time drain as each other it depends on your taste id say try the demo's out but fifas more about the playing side of football where FM is a management game where you have to buy players set training and tactics ect...

I'm 4-0-0 in division 2 and need 6 points from 6 games to make it to the top.. I believe I will be in the top 900 in that league worldwide :) as I play as England, one of the weaker 5 star teams, does that put me in the top 100? :P

What are the differences between FIFA 13 and Football Manager? (I've never played either, but I'm interested in playing one of them)

What are the pros and cons of each, and which do you prefer?

TY

FIFA is basically the equivalent of the Madden series, if you're familiar with that, The bread and butter of the game is you actually controlling the players in a game, although it also has modes that allow an element of team management and strategy. You control the play flipping between players, making passes, taking shots, making saves...

Football Manager is all management, the game resembles a spreadsheet more than anything. You take over as manager of a club, and control everything from player transfers and wages to on the pitch tactics and handling the media and player relationships. During a match you get a simple representation of the pitch as the game goes on showing you how things are going and you have the ability to change tactics and makes subs on the fly. But the only control you have over what goes on in a match is what players you put on the pitch and what tactics you use.

Both can be time sinks, but the nature of Football Manager as a management sim means that its not really a pick up and play game. It's very much about a long term goal and achieving that goal can be addictive. FIFA meanwhile you can pick up and play a 5, 10, 30 minute... whatever length match, or otherwise you can play as, say, Villa in a league and try to win the Prem. Theres also an option to create your own player and develop them, and also modes to manage a team to success IIRC.

FIFA is a more immediate experience and probably a more accessible one too. Football Manager is a slower experience and takes time to learn the systems and learn to enjoy the game and it's intricacies (though it's not exactly difficult - it can be mildly overwhelming to begin with and has moments that can frustrate, such as the inevitable matches where you spank the opposition but their goalkeeper turns into god and your star striker can't hit a cows arse with a banjo).

Download a demo of FIFA, see what you make of it. If you fancy being a bit more removed from the action and want to run things from the sidelines, demo FM.

4-2-3-1 milner and gerrard CDMs, young, Rooney and Walcott behind Sturridge as ST.

When I go in front I bring on jagielka for Sturridge and go 5-2-2-1

I've won 8 in a row now since doing that when going ahead

Decided I wasn't going to get very far with my Belgian-centric team so spent this evening tearing it up, selling it off and building a Bundesliga squad instead.

I managed to make profits on a fair few of my previous squad and picked up some bargains for my new one. My new starting XI is Adler; Alaba, Sokratis, Felipe Santana, Rafinha; Müller, Martinez, Gündogan; Afellay, Huntelaar, Blaszczykowski.

There are plenty of chances to upgrade once I have earned more coins. Most of Bayern's XI are amazing, plus the likes of Diego, van der Vaart and the Dortmund chaps. Should be one I can stick with and evolve now. Just need to get my courage up to go back online after my last couple of pastings!

Â