Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

See I still like Walt, that's the beauty of it, even though he's becoming a monster you still root for him because of the fact for the first 2-3 years he was just a dying geeky science teacher who was way out of his depth.

I dont know. I think he has to lose in the end. Whether he is killed by Jesse, Mike, cancer or somebody else or whether he is sent to jail by Hank & Skyler, he has to lose. Redemption and a happy Hollywood ending would be disappointing.

Hank has to find out at some point, the scenes where he is after Walt are too good not to include in the show.

And is Jesse the good guy? He murdered Gale in cold blood!

Hank has to find out at some point, the scenes where he is after Walt are too good not to include in the show.

Everything he has done has been because Walt has been manipulating him, he was a naive kid in seasons 1-4

Everything he has done has been because Walt has been manipulating him, he was a naive kid in seasons 1-4

What?

He was a drug-addicted meth-cook climbing out of a window to get away from the married woman he had just banged when we first see him in Season 1.

Read somewhere that the writers wanted to turn an ordinary guy into Tony Montana.

Walt & Junior actually watched 'Scarface' in a recent episode. Maybe these points are red-herrings to get us to think that that's how it's going to end, because this show is seldom straight-forward.

Plus when you think that there is only 1 year between episodes S01E01 & S05E01. We have the bones of another year in Walt's life to get to the opening scene (bacon on eggs in the Diner, before he gets the massive gun) in episode S05E01. It is difficult to see how we are going to get there in the remaining 11 episodes.

Still it should be an interesting ride.

As for the most recent episode, I was just waiting for the kid on the bike to turn up, so it kind of took from my enjoyment.

Still the best thing on TV by a mile though.

Plus when you think that there is only 1 year between episodes S01E01 & S05E01.
Really? :shock: I've lost track of the event timings and I'm saving series 5 until I can watch in one weekend hit, so was Walt's cancer mentioned as 'oneyear ago' in S05E01? If so, that's one hell of a year for Walt and his associates!:twisted:

Still the best thing on TV by a mile though.
Agreed! :thumb:

They go to great lengths to hammer home that only one calendar year has passed in the show's universe. That's all you need to know really.

They go to great lengths to hammer home that only one calendar year has passed in the show's universe. That's all you need to know really.

Also tells you how long in the future the start of Episode 1 of this season was.

We've got a fair bit of a journey to get to where this season started, unless this season accelerates a bit.

The jump to his 52nd bday will more than likely be during the gap between 2 mini seasons. The second part of S5 will be full on Heisenberg / Scarface, Walt as a stone cold killah (if he isn't already)

Btw SPOILER ALERT but the number of people who have died directly or indirectly because of Walt's decision to cook meth now stands at 236.

**edit**

That might not strictly be true because about 20 of them are cartel related and would have probably happened anyway, but Walt still has a lot of blood on his hands!

Weren't most of those on the plane though? Which was a bit of a bullshit storyline IMO

Yeah I would not really consider the plane victims in Walt's kill count. That part of the series was probably my least favourite tbh.

But the plane crash would not have happened if Walt had not decided to cook meth.

I Blame Walt for a lot of things but the plane crash is not one of them.

The grief striven father who shows up to a job he is clearly not capable on doing in his current state and his manager and colleges for not noticing the problem deserve more blame IMO.

But Jesse would not have moved house and met the girl, she wouldnt have died, no grieving father, no plane crash. It wasnt walt's fault, but it happened as a result of his decision to cook meth.

Â